Pages:
Author

Topic: Was 2017 the "Golden Year of Crypto"? - page 8. (Read 35819 times)

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
November 02, 2020, 09:39:00 PM
So far yes , 2017 was indeed the golden year of the crypto if we talk about price movement but if we talk about technology I think 2009 , the inception year , was the golden year of crypto so it all depends on what are you focusing on , tech , price or both. If things goes in the direction we all want it , we might see 2022-23 the peek of crypto in both price and tech.

Believe me, 2017 was among the best years crypto has ever had. Price-wise, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies went to the moon in a blink of an eye. Some say that the best is yet to come as Bitcoin underwent its third halving. 2021 may be crypto's biggest year yet where we experience a non-stop bull market. The crypto market may head towards a $1 Trillion USD valuation if demand increases at an exponential rate. Besides price, what matters is a cryptocurrency's technical direction and real use cases for the mainstream world. I believe that Bitcoin and Ethereum will be two cryptocurrencies that will last a lifetime. My guess is that after each Bitcoin halving, the pioneer cryptocurrency (BTC) will be used as a store of value just like Gold. Already, people are considering it to be a store of value in these times of turmoil. No matter if 2021 or another year turn out to be bullish for crypto, 2017 will always be remembered as the year when crypto went mainstream.

Nonetheless, crypto is all about being a decentralized alternative to the existing monetary system. Regardless of crypto prices on the market, what ultimately matters is usability. So far, Bitcoin and other major cryptocurrencies have done an outstanding job by bringing banking to the unbanked. As long as crypto remains impervious against external interference (mainly governments, central banks, and other third parties), there should be nothing to worry about. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 1764
Merit: 10
November 01, 2020, 02:02:23 PM
In 2017, of course, there were many discoveries in the cryptocurrency field that helped cryptocurrencies reach incredible heights, but even before that, every year there were various discoveries and achievements that developed cryptocurrencies and still every year we see new achievements in the cryptocurrency field, so each year is something unique for cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 1022
November 01, 2020, 10:39:25 AM
yes might be so. as of first time i owned my crypto token as working of the different tasks online. and the latter i might collect of $1500 from trading/exchange and bounty with different offers from developer.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
November 01, 2020, 10:18:21 AM
The price has risen in the years 2011 and 2013 to levels higher than doubling 20 times, so we cannot say that 2017 is the golden year.
Because the price has reached its highest peak does not mean that the matter will repeat, but all conditions are ready for this to happen, especially after the repercussions of covid19.
If we are talking about investment, it is wrong to base investment analyzes on data from the past and to wait, hoping that the price will rise.

because under 2015 no many alt in present, 2017 maybe we call gold old days is many alt flourish at the peak their existence

mining began flourish again, like real oasis in the desert after ethereum came up and many other project begain using advantage of ecosystem

so many project gain 1000x and its first time crypto became mainstream, attracting lot of fresh investor
Activity: 1050
Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi
November 01, 2020, 10:03:45 AM
The crypto space is fully volatile and it goes ups and down by time to time. But 2017 was really a good year. Those who hold bitcoin or any bigcapcoins they gain huge amount of profit. After 2017 many years past but nothing like that year. I know people are talking about 2020 too and it is also a very profitable year for most of the people. But it's nothing like 2017. Because at 2017 the whole market go to its top. Now it's half of 2017. But many good new are coming to the market do eventually the market is growing let's see.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1202
October 31, 2020, 04:01:38 PM
So far yes , 2017 was indeed the golden year of the crypto if we talk about price movement but if we talk about technology I think 2009 , the inception year , was the golden year of crypto so it all depends on what are you focusing on , tech , price or both. If things goes in the direction we all want it , we might see 2022-23 the peek of crypto in both price and tech.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
October 31, 2020, 03:33:49 PM
Why was bitcoin "supposed" to be any price after halving.  2017 was certainly a good year but there were other years that were good too.  I dont know what you mean by golden years, but if after only 8 years crypto hit its golden age already were are in trouble lol.  People make too much of these short term highs and lows.

It's true that Bitcoin had good years in the past. However, it's believed that 2017 was the "Golden Year of Crypto" due to the massive increase in market prices in such a short amount of time. It was a special year where Bitcoin's adoption in the mainstream world grew tenfold. That certainly didn't happen when Bitcoin rose all the way to the moon during 2013. By that time, the crypto/Blockchain industry wasn't as vibrant as 2017. While everything went down the drain since the beginning of 2018, there's hope that crypto will reach new heights with every Bitcoin halving. Considering that Bitcoin went through its third halving in May 2020, it shouldn't be long enough before we experience another bull market. Already, prices seem to be rising at a slow and steady rate. It could be that 2021 will turn out to become crypto's biggest year yet.

No matter how you see it, there's no denying that there's more to crypto than meets the eye. It's never been about the price, but rather how useful crypto is relative to Fiat. I'd say crypto has gone a long way since its inception back in 2009. Bitcoin has been the most widely successful cryptocurrency hitting new ATHs every once in a while. You can take advantage of the ups and downs in price to profit within the short term. If everything continues the way it is, you and I will be able to become rich in the future. High prices or not, what matters is mainstream adoption above all else. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 994
Merit: 20
October 30, 2020, 12:56:10 PM
I think the best is still yet to come. Smiley In my opinion, the record price in 2017 is nothing compared to the new records we will see in the future. I expect Bitcoin price to reach at least 50k in the next years. Because Bitcoin still continues to be better and better.
Activity: 1292
Merit: 101
Vave.com
October 30, 2020, 10:40:56 AM
It was the most profitable year because it was so easy to gain a thousand percent profit with almost every ICO or altcoin. Now, there are profits, but it is really hard to predict which coin will explode to the moon. Currently, we no longer see such increases on DeFi coins.
Yes right i didn't see any huge move but it still crypto giving us some money .He/She who have invested on crypto have gained there profit already as market got a good bull run .So i think expert always can earn some money even in tough situation of market .However its still look good enough that how market going through i think like as what was in 2017 almost now lets  what happens in next .
Activity: 1050
Merit: 286
October 30, 2020, 10:09:18 AM
For now, we can say 2017 is the golden year. But I think we will have better golden years in the coming years. Cryptocurrencies are still unknown to many people. As more people learn, we are approaching a new golden year.
I can say that 2017 was really the Golden Year of Cryptocurrency. Because at that time almost all of the ICO projects are running successfully and giving every investor and bounty hunters profit. Almost all of the project that time is being supported, every platform, website, and technology that is being innovated is supported. That is the time also that bitcoin value reached its highest peak of price wherein it reaches twenty thousand dollars before christmas as far as I remember, it is actually good for every bitcoin holder that time making their holdings tripled or even become tenfold.
Activity: 623
Merit: 100
CLEARSIGHT- THE #1 BLOCKCHAIN JOB PLATFORM
October 29, 2020, 04:20:51 PM
Yes, 2017 was golden year of crypto. Crypto will development many things. If we see market we say BTC price will $1k and it will cross $13k at the end of year. Many altcoin will also huge pump.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
October 29, 2020, 02:30:04 PM
Yea i think 2017 is the golden year of crypto. When BTC and others crypto pump. But there are when ICO project hype.
And now i hope is the Platinum year of Crypto because the hype of DEFI project. BTC can touch $13k and i hope BTC can reach $100k in the end 2020.

I think 2017 was just a foretaste of what is to come. Bitcoin and crypto are still in the beginning of their development. I think most people are not aware of that at all. Slowly the big investors like Paypal, institutional investors and many more are coming. We may not see a fast rise like 2017, but a slow rise over a longer period of time is better.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 291
October 29, 2020, 01:24:24 PM
For now, we can say 2017 is the golden year. But I think we will have better golden years in the coming years. Cryptocurrencies are still unknown to many people. As more people learn, we are approaching a new golden year.
Activity: 518
Merit: 2
October 29, 2020, 10:41:11 AM
Of course, 2017 was the golden age of cryptocurrency. There were a lot of good projects at this time. Most of the projects were successful. Many of my friends earned a lot of money from BTC in 2017. Moreover, the price of BTC increased a lot in 2017. But now there is no such good project. So, it can be said that the time of 2017 was really a golden time.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 108
October 29, 2020, 09:27:59 AM
I believe that 2017 was a period of coincidence of certain circumstances that influenced the entire cryptocurrency market and, accordingly, cryptocurrency rates. From now on there will be no such rapid development of events as it was at that period, but in the future the results will be much higher, although the whole process of development and growth will stretch for a long time, since the bulk of investors began to make more balanced and deliberate decisions, and not throw money down the drain, as it was in 2016-2017.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069
October 29, 2020, 09:25:06 AM
You could call it a golden year for ICO but you can't say the same for crypto. Crypto are still in it's early development phase and they have still a large market to cover. The pump and the subsequent dump destroyed the way projects raised funds and that's for good. As of good cryptocurrency themselves, bitcoin has nearly reached 14K and they'll soon hit their all time high again and this time more sustainably. And again price doesn't make every coin good or bad.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 250
October 29, 2020, 09:03:25 AM
The most memorable year for crypto and it's community was 2017, BTC gave 100s of investors a chance to become millionaires.

The Massive price pump was the best of all time in crypto history and even now many of them are desperately waiting for the same day, some descent price is expected even this year unfortunately the price is going up and down, let's wait and see for a while.

at this moment a lot of good news coming to crypto world, such as paypal will allow their users to buy, sell or hold crypto in their platform and many more
seems we will see another golden year of crypto in the near time, i hope next year my friend,, remember history repeat itself
You are right after the Paypal company announced that it would use the cryptocurrency service, the price of bitcoin rose quite significantly.  if a race against the history of the golden year of crypto is indeed the year 2017 is the year of crypto because BTC was able to shake the world at that time.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 250
Hodlers Network
October 29, 2020, 08:46:03 AM
The most memorable year for crypto and it's community was 2017, BTC gave 100s of investors a chance to become millionaires.

The Massive price pump was the best of all time in crypto history and even now many of them are desperately waiting for the same day, some descent price is expected even this year unfortunately the price is going up and down, let's wait and see for a while.

at this moment a lot of good news coming to crypto world, such as paypal will allow their users to buy, sell or hold crypto in their platform and many more
seems we will see another golden year of crypto in the near time, i hope next year my friend,, remember history repeat itself
Activity: 798
October 29, 2020, 07:25:47 AM

But I think it's not the golden year of Crypto world, I am sure the golden time will come in the years to come. We only look at what we have lived, yes 2017 is best compared to other years, but we don't know what will happen in the future, I believe the world of Crypto is still very profitable in the future.
Exactly, the future will have more golden years than 2017 because the future has an infinite number of possibilities. Market movements this year also indicate that the golden time will soon return, this year may not be the same as 2017 but investors are very hopeful next year.

Agree, maybe 2017 has been a good year to date but I think that in the coming year, there will be a better year and cryptocurrency is becoming a new investment that is becoming more and more recognized. In my opinion, the transaction value on the exchanger is already bigger than in 2017 and this can be a sign that the next year could be a good year.
Activity: 555
Merit: 271
October 29, 2020, 05:40:59 AM
Yea i think 2017 is the golden year of crypto. When BTC and others crypto pump. But there are when ICO project hype.
And now i hope is the Platinum year of Crypto because the hype of DEFI project. BTC can touch $13k and i hope BTC can reach $100k in the end 2020.
Pages:
Jump to: