Pages:
Author

Topic: Watch out for the scams out there - page 3. (Read 2325 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
August 26, 2018, 01:35:35 AM
Solid stuff. This year 2018 has really seen a hike in the number of scammers. And it is as though people are getting more and more careless. It is really beyond me. I think investors' concept of Bitcoin also matters. If you see cryptocurrencies as a fast means of money making, you'll most likely fall into a ditch. Because that is what scammers do. Most times they gain leverage by depending on your own greed. So, in your search for profits, one needs to be extra careful out there.
Activity: 126
August 24, 2018, 03:17:51 PM
Any direct peer-to-peer transaction is always risky, as most people use it as a means of scamming others.
Escrow is always important, or you use a smart contract.
Activity: 15
August 24, 2018, 11:47:18 AM
You have to be smart about the various things that you see and read in here.
Activity: 791
Merit: 139
August 20, 2018, 09:31:55 AM
Scammers every where , they are in all corner of the world.
you better be careful, and make sure you are safe.
Even there are scammers but you dont want them to enter on your life you will be safe.
Activity: 70
August 20, 2018, 09:09:58 AM
No! there are a many many scams around so be aware and be smart.
Activity: 32
August 20, 2018, 06:27:18 AM
There are a lot of scams floating around and you gotta be careful. 
Activity: 106
August 20, 2018, 04:56:40 AM
All it needs is a bit of common sense and everything else will be normal.
Activity: 42
August 19, 2018, 08:06:26 AM
Don’t trust everything as sometimes it is not just true but rumours.
Activity: 114
August 05, 2018, 11:14:23 AM
I thought that this kind of fraud does not work anymore. Who believes in these conditions? It seems to me that now the schemes of scammers are much more secretive. It is very difficult to distinguish truthful ICO from the scam. Maybe the project Menlo.one can help with this.
We need to get out from this situation and look for projects on our own, until there is an assistant like Menlo.one . Studying the team and the usefulness of the project are the main criteria for selection.
Activity: 42
August 05, 2018, 01:28:10 AM
I don’t invest in any site, except on those that are very popular and well known by everyone for their good reputation online. I also don’t jump into any business I see on the forum, most of them are scammers, and I don’t also do business with people here.
Activity: 224
August 04, 2018, 01:17:16 PM
I thought that this kind of fraud does not work anymore. Who believes in these conditions? It seems to me that now the schemes of scammers are much more secretive. It is very difficult to distinguish truthful ICO from the scam. Maybe the project Menlo.one can help with this.
Activity: 30
August 04, 2018, 02:30:29 AM
THERE ARE MANY FRAUDS ON THE FORUM INCLUDE VIA EMAIL TYPE EMAIL OF MYETHERWALLET AI FOLLOW THE RULE OF VITALIK NOT GIVING ETH AND SOON NOTHING FAILS THERE IS IF SOMEONE PROMETE IS FRAUD
We have to first figure out who is he better to find his identity his name his address.Bitcoin is really a risky a single mistake can lose your all money better to be active and smart before sending money.
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
August 03, 2018, 12:53:18 PM
Bitcoin scams is increasing everyday and we need to be on look out in order not to fall a victim. Using an escrow service when going for a trade is good but just to be sure you are not getting scammed. Still understand that the escrow service is to be trusted. Localbitcoins kind of does the trick for me and i have been using them for quite a long time. There are also many other sites that relies on good form of escrow and creates a neutral ground where buyers and sellers meet.
Activity: 78
August 03, 2018, 05:40:56 AM
THERE ARE MANY FRAUDS ON THE FORUM INCLUDE VIA EMAIL TYPE EMAIL OF MYETHERWALLET AI FOLLOW THE RULE OF VITALIK NOT GIVING ETH AND SOON NOTHING FAILS THERE IS IF SOMEONE PROMETE IS FRAUD
For me its stupidity to sending someone money you don't know. We are aware there's 99% scammers here and all are looking for our money. I have never send money to unknown person.
Activity: 266
Merit: 2
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
August 02, 2018, 11:57:53 AM
That goes without saying. Before investing your money into any speculation, you should ascertain to a certain degree the possibility of that project and the skill of the team handling it.
There are so many poorly managed 'good' ideas.
Do your OWN research. And don't just follow the recommendations of a crypto influencer.
Activity: 584
Merit: 100
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
August 02, 2018, 02:50:02 AM
Always be on the lookout for scams to avoid losing your assets and investments.
In the crypto world, there are lots of ways to get phished. Scammers and hackers are everywhere.
Secure your assets, always.
To avoid scams I suggest never invest in anonymous cryptos and new ICOs until they listed in exchange because when they do not receive funds they ran away with money. It is better to invest only in authentic and reliable coins like bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin etc. if you invest in these top coins you will be mentally relaxed.
Activity: 70
July 16, 2018, 10:22:49 AM
e

Do not trust easily to someone you aren’t sure of. Always be careful when doing transactions specially money transfer online because once it is done it can never be undone. There are many bad people online that pretends to be good it is hard to identify them.
copper member
Activity: 71
July 16, 2018, 09:45:09 AM
Lots of scam ICO are out there don't even know the real one to invest on
Activity: 840
Merit: 502
July 15, 2018, 09:42:06 PM
Wish I knew that before getting scammer $7 for $10 agc!  Cry
Take that as a very cheap lesson even if for you 7 dollars is a meaningful amount of money you should consider yourself to be lucky there have been people that lost hundreds of bitcoin to scammers that are now worth a fortune, so remember to always use an escrow for any deal, there are some escrows that charge you money but there are others willing to do it for free, just look that the escrow has a good reputation or you could lose your money to them as well.

There are many scams out there and when the scammers wanted more than just scam for a few dollars, they would create an ICO. I do participate in some bounties and then after a while, the team would be inactive and leaving the investors and the bounty hunters in vain. There are times when the ICO is not scam but they do not pay the bounty participants which is quite unfair that's why we should have a consensus that tokens should be escrowed.
Most of the time it is going to be impossible for the tokens to be escrowed because while the campaign is running the tokens have not been created yet, while I understand that will give everyone the security they are going to eventually going to be paid, the developers are busy doing other stuff needed to make their project a success, so unfortunately the risk of not being paid by bounty campaigns will still be there.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
July 15, 2018, 06:46:39 PM
Yeah thanks for reminded us.. and it's not only that, now scammers more increasingly a various forms of its deception. Anyhow internet is the one of the scam's media that's really suitable for a scammers.. and of course scams forms in cyberspace, it's harder to read or researched than scam in the real world. Sometimes someone who doesn't intend to scam, but we consider it a scam and vice versa. Well in essence we've to be a more smarter person.
Unfortunately this is the reality of this space, you cannot ever let your guard down, there are people trying to scam you and there are others sending phishing links and if you click on them you risk losing money as well, this is why sometimes people in the forum may seem to be paranoid about stuff but the truth is they are only trying to protect themselves and others of being scammed.

Thats why cryptocurrencies have so bad reputation. You can count on scam on every step of the way.

There won't be mass adoption until this problem get fixed so every illiterate person can use it without fear.
That is probably never going to happen, there are also many scams in fiat but the difference is chargebacks are possible, something that will never be possible with bitcoin so we will have to change the culture and instill a culture of using an escrow in every single trade no matter how big or small the amount of the transaction but most people never take additional precautions until they suffer a bad experience with bitcoin.
It is very important to know the ICOs in which we are going to invest. The project should be authentic and reliable. Market cap should be good and should be listed in exchange. These are some facts that every investor should know about it. There are thousands of coins in the market but all are not authentic and there are many scams which should be avoided.
Investing in an ICO at this stage is risky if the investor does not really grasp the elements that can lead to a successful ICO project. I believe this market is recovering but the opportunity is only for serious and professional investors.
Pages:
Jump to: