Pages:
Author

Topic: Weekly pool and network statistics - page 22. (Read 91291 times)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10
October 30, 2012, 07:25:32 AM
why this statistics does not include polmine.pl  ?
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1091
Think for yourself
October 30, 2012, 07:21:47 AM

Well, I do publish the pool statistics weekly. If I'd called the posts "Pool statistics based on an invariant time period of precisely 604800 seconds" you might have embarrassed me.

It would be a bit wordy.  But if it was set to a catchy tune...
Smiley
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
October 30, 2012, 07:16:59 AM
Deepbit still has the highest number of blocks but is in third?  And is second in network block percentage? How does that work?
The number of blocks solved is influence by pool hashrate and also by pool luck. Deepbit has been lucky: their percentage of blocks solved is higher than their percentage of network hashrate. You can see that their mean (shares per round)/Difficulty is less than one.

I thought you posted some time ago that you estimated pool hash rate from the number of block's solved?

I only use that estimate for 50BTC since they don't publish shares per round data.

What does "Time in days" mean?
Sam

The number of days over which the average was taken. Last week I calculated the statistics early, this week I did the calculations late so the average was over more than a week for most pools.

Ah, so it's actually "Weeklyish Pool Statistics" Smiley

That actually answers my first question too.
Thanks,
Sam

Well, I do publish the pool statistics weekly. If I'd called the posts "Pool statistics based on an invariant time period of precisely 604800 seconds" you might have embarrassed me.

legendary
Think for yourself
October 30, 2012, 06:52:27 AM
Deepbit still has the highest number of blocks but is in third?  And is second in network block percentage? How does that work?
The number of blocks solved is influence by pool hashrate and also by pool luck. Deepbit has been lucky: their percentage of blocks solved is higher than their percentage of network hashrate. You can see that their mean (shares per round)/Difficulty is less than one.

I thought you posted some time ago that you estimated pool hash rate from the number of block's solved?

Sam

The number of days over which the average was taken. Last week I calculated the statistics early, this week I did the calculations late so the average was over more than a week for most pools.

Ah, so it's actually "Weeklyish Pool Statistics" Smiley

That actually answers my first question too.
Thanks,
Sam
donator
Poor impulse control.
October 29, 2012, 10:30:45 PM
Deepbit still has the highest number of blocks but is in third?  And is second in network block percentage? How does that work?

Sam

legendary
Think for yourself
October 29, 2012, 09:54:15 PM
Deepbit still has the highest number of blocks but is in third?  And is second in network block percentage? How does that work?

Sam
donator
Poor impulse control.
October 28, 2012, 07:07:21 AM
28th October weekly pool statistics

This week, the top pool hashrates are fairly stable, andBTCGuild's lead over DeepBit looks persistent. Ozcoin finally increases its percentage of the network hashrate - something I've been expecting to see for many weeks.

If BitMinter's hashrate continues to increase at the current rate it will be in the top tier in about a month, and if you look at Chart 5 you'll see that BitMinter has had significantly lower negative binomial CDF than than any other pool. Perhaps lucky pools attract miners?

Bitlc is not included since it didn't solve any blocks in the last 7 days.

I noticed a very large influx of Russian / Ukrainian IPs in the last 24 hours - welcome! Please post questions if you need anything explained - I'm not sure how well Google Translate works with technical language.

You can view all charts at http://organofcorti.blogspot.com

donator
Poor impulse control.
October 22, 2012, 02:35:59 AM
Deepbit seems to be in 2nd place, not 3rd?

Awesome stats though, I like the new "loss to poolhopper" stats.

Crap. Thanks for pointing that out. I had to redo do everything last night when I realised the BTCGuild script I was using was slightly wrong. I didn't redo the intro though.

Post is edited to reflect results.

Glad you like the new chart - I know you have an interest in this area Wink
donator
Poor impulse control.
October 21, 2012, 04:37:56 PM

Crap. Thanks for pointing that out. I had to redo do everything last night when I realised the BTCGuild script I was using was slightly wrong. I didn't redo the intro though.

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034
Needs more jiggawatts
October 21, 2012, 03:05:45 PM

donator
Poor impulse control.
October 21, 2012, 09:12:55 AM
20th October weekly pool statistics

This week Deepbit  continues a consistant slide in hashrate that has occurred since the start of the the chart. BTCGuild continues a steady increase in hashrate, and may well be in second place next week. Ah, BTCGuild - always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

Also, thanks to eleuthria, the BTCGuild pool op, for providing me an API for BTCGuild's statistics. Starting next week they'll be much more accurate, and I've deleted the last three weeks of (shares per round) / Difficulty which were inaccurate.

Finally, I've removed the "luck plots' since they were unnecessary, and added a "loss to pool hoppers" plot. This last plot shows the equivalent PPS a miner can expect at either DeepBit or Bitlc, ignoring any pool fees. this week, for example, fulltime DeepBit prop miners can expect to earn 0.99 x PPS before fees, and at Bitlc 0.68*PPS.

You can view all charts at http://organofcorti.blogspot.com

donator
Poor impulse control.
October 14, 2012, 01:48:38 AM
Sent you a PM with a new API for you to use to build your BTC Guild stats.  It's the purest form of data I can provide you Smiley.

Sweet! I do appreciate you going to the trouble of doing that.
legendary
Activity: 1750
October 14, 2012, 01:45:51 AM
Sent you a PM with a new API for you to use to build your BTC Guild stats.  It's the purest form of data I can provide you Smiley.
donator
Poor impulse control.
October 14, 2012, 01:43:12 AM
I edited my post a few times organofcorti with some extra numbers, just letting you know.  I think you're right, your numbers do seem to be exaggerated in terms of how bad it is.  The last two weeks (approx.) I'm only 13.5% behind of how many blocks are expected given the shares submitted.

I'm glad you made the edits, and thanks for looking at your data. I'm also very glad it's probably my script that's doing something weird rather than my idea of what's probable being utterly wrong!
legendary
October 14, 2012, 01:37:46 AM
I edited my post a few times organofcorti with some extra numbers, just letting you know.  I think you're right, your numbers do seem to be exaggerated in terms of how bad it is.  The last two weeks (approx.) I'm only 13.5% behind of how many blocks are expected given the shares submitted.

Would it help if I gave you an API page that shows the shares submitted vs blocks found as of a given difficulty?  You could use the delta from your last poll to determine the changes since your last run of the API to determine how many shares were submitted in the last 7 days + blocks found.
donator
Poor impulse control.
October 14, 2012, 01:36:04 AM

14th October weekly pool statistics

There is something odd happening with my calculations of BTCGuild's luck - the shares per round I'm estimating is far too high. I'll try to figure out  how to fix it this week.

You're not wrong.  BTC Guild's luck this last month has been HORRIBLE.  To the point where I've had to pull money out of the cold wallet for the first time in 5 months to avoid the hot wallet running dry.  Since October 1st the pool is 700 BTC in the hole over what it has paid out to miners accounts.  Shit happens, just hoping for a good positive swing soon to offset this last month.

That's really incredibly bad luck. I'm starting to revise my idea of what bad luck is, after your last three weeks:

Code:
                  Date: Sep.23.2012  Sep.30.2012 Oct.07.2012 Oct.14.2012
Negative binomial CDF: 0.0443282499  0.99989794  0.99990376   0.9999975

donator
Poor impulse control.
October 14, 2012, 01:27:05 AM
Thanks for the reminder, Graet - I'll make sure the Mining pools list is updated properly.
I only made the announcement a few hours ago, not sure if you had seen it Smiley
Thanks again for the great work.
G

I was up early today, saw the post. It's good of you to do that. Reminds me of a story my dad told me about a primitive culture somewhere (I forget) where the shaman gets tribute while the tribe is healthy. As soon as a tribe member got sick, the shaman would receive no tribute from that family until he made them better.

legendary
October 14, 2012, 01:25:26 AM

14th October weekly pool statistics

There is something odd happening with my calculations of BTCGuild's luck - the shares per round I'm estimating is far too high. I'll try to figure out  how to fix it this week.

You're not wrong.  BTC Guild's luck this last month has been HORRIBLE.  To the point where I've had to pull money out of the cold wallet for the first time in 5 months to avoid the hot wallet running dry.  Since October 1st the pool is 700 BTC in the hole over what it has paid out to miners accounts.  Shit happens, just hoping for a good positive swing soon to offset this last month.

The numbers for this difficulty (previous difficulty stats are off because Stratum wasn't recorded in a way my script can read):

Difficulty: 3054627
Blocks Found: 203
Blocks Expected: 234.01
Difference: -31.01 (-13.25%)

EDIT:  Hmm, maybe your numbers are wrong.  The luck has been absolutely terrible, but I don't think it's been 1.48 times difficulty in the last week.
vip
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
October 14, 2012, 01:16:28 AM
Thanks for the reminder, Graet - I'll make sure the Mining pools list is updated properly.
I only made the announcement a few hours ago, not sure if you had seen it Smiley
Thanks again for the great work.
G
donator
Poor impulse control.
October 14, 2012, 01:10:36 AM
Pages:
Jump to: