Pages:
Author

Topic: Weekly pool and network statistics - page 24. (Read 91291 times)

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
September 23, 2012, 07:38:00 AM
23rd September weekly pool statistics

The biggest changes made this week involved ensuring that no previously recorded rounds were recorded a second time, and making the yellow colour in the hashrate history chart easier to see. Both suggestions were courtesy of Dr. Haribo, pool op of "Bitminter".

BTCGuild lost a little percentage of the network hashrate and 50BTC gained some, bringing them quite close to DeepBit's hashrate. DeepBit now has a challenger for the top spot for the first time in more than a year.

Most other pools this week lost or maintained their percentage of the network hashrate.

You can view all charts at http://organofcorti.blogspot.com

donator
Poor impulse control.
September 17, 2012, 05:33:40 PM

I would like to include HHTT - I love the fact its selling point is variable diff and it's hashrate jumped a lot recently.

Early on I just included all pools. I can't do that now. Every Sunday someone changes a webpage and I have to rewrite scripts to cope. Last weekend I discovered DeepBit had changed the stats table to the 13th position on the page, and Eclipse added a field to their json which I also had to account for. This is after I finally figured out the problem in each case.

So now I just ask for a csv blockhistory. If extra columns need to be added to for some reason my scripts can simply ignore the new data. If HHTT would like to be included, then I'd need the following columns as csv:

"blockheight"  |  "timestamp"  |  "shares"  |  "roundseconds" |  "difficulty"  |  "orphaned"  |  "blockhash"  

doublec did this for me and I know as long as the csv is available I'll never have to waste time on a Sunday trying to fix data for Bitparking!

I'm working on it.  Any particular format for the timestamp?  For the difficulty, do you want the network difficulty when it was solved or the difficulty that block would meet?

Great news - thanks fireduck!

For the time stamp unixtime in seconds. For the difficulty, the network difficulty when the block was solved. Also, the "shares" should be the equivalent number of diff1 shares per round.
Activity: 392
Merit: 251
September 17, 2012, 01:12:28 PM

I would like to include HHTT - I love the fact its selling point is variable diff and it's hashrate jumped a lot recently.

Early on I just included all pools. I can't do that now. Every Sunday someone changes a webpage and I have to rewrite scripts to cope. Last weekend I discovered DeepBit had changed the stats table to the 13th position on the page, and Eclipse added a field to their json which I also had to account for. This is after I finally figured out the problem in each case.

So now I just ask for a csv blockhistory. If extra columns need to be added to for some reason my scripts can simply ignore the new data. If HHTT would like to be included, then I'd need the following columns as csv:

"blockheight"  |  "timestamp"  |  "shares"  |  "roundseconds" |  "difficulty"  |  "orphaned"  |  "blockhash"  

doublec did this for me and I know as long as the csv is available I'll never have to waste time on a Sunday trying to fix data for Bitparking!

I'm working on it.  Any particular format for the timestamp?  For the difficulty, do you want the network difficulty when it was solved or the difficulty that block would meet?
donator
Poor impulse control.
September 17, 2012, 05:24:47 AM
Cheers, Lethos!
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Keep it Simple. Every Bit Matters.
September 17, 2012, 04:35:34 AM
I do like mining at diff 32+ and enjoying a really nice PPS rate, that is nice.

With no standard model for stats, being agreed upon by all the pools, I can understand the headache.
I'm sure if frieduck is interested (I poked his thread), he'll let you know.
donator
Poor impulse control.
September 17, 2012, 04:21:35 AM
What sort of criteria does a pool have to fill to be included in your stats?
I've been mining at HHTT for a while and has grown quickly since then.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/500-ghshhtt-selected-diffstratumpplnspaid-staleshigh-availabilitytor-95378

Activity: 476
Keep it Simple. Every Bit Matters.
September 17, 2012, 04:07:59 AM
What sort of criteria does a pool have to fill to be included in your stats?
I've been mining at HHTT for a while and has grown quickly since then.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/500-ghshhtt-selected-diffstratumpplnspaid-staleshigh-availabilitytor-95378
donator
Poor impulse control.
September 16, 2012, 03:08:19 AM
16th September weekly pool statistics

Good news, everyone! All websites were up this weekend.

Itzod continues to grap a greater proportion of the network hashrate and seems to be doing quite we.. Ozcoin's hashrate has clearly levelled out - it's interesting how very stable their hashrate seems to be now that proxy pools are using them less.

Another interesting change is DeepBit's average hashrate per round as a function normalised shares per round (Chart 9). They are being pool hopped a litte less, but much more interesting is the fact that they don't seem to have a decrease in hashrate at the start of a round anymore. I wonder what changes they've made to the pool servers recently?

You can all charts at http://organofcorti.blogspot.com.

donator
Poor impulse control.
September 09, 2012, 04:11:01 AM
Updated with correction to Bitminter - should only have been 1.4% orphans.
donator
Poor impulse control.
September 08, 2012, 10:57:57 PM
I see Bitparking took the hit for everyone's good luck over the week!

Yes, that was such a strangely lucky week for so many pools and strangely unlucky week for Bitparking that I had to check to make sure my scripts weren't doing something weird with the difficulty calculations (well, not for Bitparking, since doublec provides the difficulty at which a block was solved in the block history, which is nice). But blockexplorer's nethash looked up to date, so it just seems to be a week of asymmetric luck.

The new negative binomial CDF charts at organofcorti.blogspot.com are a better measure of luck imo since there are no variance changes due to difference in pool hashrate. On these new charts pool luck is much easier to compare between pools of different sizes.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005
September 08, 2012, 08:36:08 PM
I see Bitparking took the hit for everyone's good luck over the week!
donator
Poor impulse control.
September 08, 2012, 07:40:45 PM
8th September weekly pool statistics

Mt Red's website was down tonight, so no data for them. Sorry Mt Red miners. All other pool websites were up.

In other news, I've added a new chart for measurement of pool luck - the negative binomial lower tail CDF probability of the number of shares submitted resulting in a number of rounds (actually, the Gamma distribution approximation of this). A probability close to 0 mean the pool was very lucky;  a probability close to 1 means the pool was very unlucky. The advantage of this method is that unlike the other two methods, variance is not being measured so pool hashrate does not have an effect on the result. The luck of a large hashrate pool will be directly comparable to that of a smaller hashrate pool.

Since I think this is a more useful measurement of luck when comparing pools, it is at position 5, above the other two luck measurements. You can find this new and exciting chart at http://organofcorti.blogspot.com.

vip
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
September 02, 2012, 10:19:41 AM
as always - excellent
but
which are the bug pools
or have you adopted a kiwi accent lol
G

P.S. I know - it is a rare typo Cheesy

Argh! I couldn't think of a good come back! I've been off work sick the last few days - that can be my excuse.

Thanks for pointing it out. Although it was a kind of funny typo.
I did lol, and illness is a good excuse - used it a few times myself over the last few days :/
hope you feel better soon Smiley
donator
Poor impulse control.
September 02, 2012, 10:16:56 AM
as always - excellent
but
which are the bug pools
G

Argh! I couldn't think of a good come back! I've been off work sick the last few days - that can be my excuse.

Thanks for pointing it out. Although it was a kind of funny typo.
vip
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
September 02, 2012, 10:10:28 AM
as always - excellent
but
which are the bug pools
G

donator
Poor impulse control.
September 02, 2012, 10:02:20 AM
2nd September weekly pool statistics

Bitcoinpool is back up this weekend, and Coinotron just increased their hashrate by an order of magnitude so they're back in as well.

Highlights:
* Check out the effect Bitminter's race had on their hashrate per round stats - that's a big spike there, thank you very much fefox and GPUMax.
* Many of the big pools are lucky this week.
* Full charts at organofcorti.blogspot.com

Activity: 270
August 26, 2012, 03:48:28 PM
p2pool = the little pool that could.
legendary
Activity: 889
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin calls me an Orphan
August 26, 2012, 09:12:49 AM
Great job as always!
donator
Poor impulse control.
August 26, 2012, 03:20:56 AM
26th August weekly pool statistics

Once again Bitcoinpool's website was down, although it had been up for a few days during the week. This can't be a good sign for Bitcoinpool or Bitcoinpool's miners.

I have added 50BTC.com. The average hashrate attributed to this pool cannot be exact (as discussed previously). I have decided that the small error that could result from the estimation of hashrate from blocks produced will, in the long run, be negligible.

Highlights
* Pool added: Bitparking merged mining pool.
* All charts now published at organofcorti.blogspot.com to allow easier searching through the thread and also allows me to post higher quality easier to read charts.
* EclipseMC was the only pool to see a significant increase in edit: network hashrate this week.
* p2Pool is now up to 8 weeks in a row during which the averaged luck for the week has been average or better than average.
* Including 50BTC.com brings the top three pools' combined hashrates much closer to 50% of the network hashrate.
* No slowdown of pool hopping. I hope by next week to add a table with an estimation of how much fulltime miners lose to pool hoppers (details on how to calculate this are in NPW 6.2: Bitlc)

Activity: 344
Flixxo - Watch, Share, Earn!
August 20, 2012, 08:36:00 AM
P2Pool rock's  Grin Grin Grin
Pages:
Jump to: