Pages:
Author

Topic: What 2.0 Currency will be the most successful? - page 4. (Read 17794 times)

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
Keep telling yourself that Stan, Dan and the Chicom gov doesn't rig all the delegate elections and control everything in Bitshares.
They could but thats besides the point Smiley

This is exactly the reason why we will never agree.  It is in fact the whole point.
With enough money it will become as decentralized as you once dreamed of.

"In the future I see a public blockchain - whether that's Bitcoin or some other open one in the future, which is a way of registering ownership of all sorts of assets and it's a way of transferring ownership of those assets in a single system that can be read by all of the right people and none of the wrong people. So it becomes very simple for me to swap my dollars for your IBM shares, or your pounds for my house. Any asset that we assign a value to and want to be sure about who owns it can be registered using this technology.”

- James Smith, CEO of Elliptic

Does this not sound like Bitshares with registered and pegged assets/hierchical account control to you?
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042
White Male Libertarian Bro
Keep telling yourself that Stan, Dan and the Chicom gov doesn't rig all the delegate elections and control everything in Bitshares.

This is exactly the reason why we will never agree.  It is in fact the whole point.
legendary
Isnt comefrombeyond the main dev? hes focusing on other projects now it seems

I saw him post he was 80% done creating a new coin.  Hopefully it will not be IPO'd to 11 people.

How true was it that NXT IPO/ICO/Presale (or whatever) was sold mostly to their insiders?  There was always this assumption hanging around.

Total bogus.  CFB isn't BCNext anyway.
Keep thinking that

I knew all the Bitshares commies would object to a free market endeavour.  Keep telling yourself that Stan, Dan and the Chicom gov doesn't rig all the delegate elections and control everything in Bitshares.
legendary

I saw him post he was 80% done creating a new coin.  Hopefully it will not be IPO'd to 11 people.

How true was it that NXT IPO/ICO/Presale (or whatever) was sold mostly to their insiders?  There was always this assumption hanging around.

Keep thinking that

I knew all the Bitshares commies would object to a free market endeavour.  Keep telling yourself that Stan, Dan and the Chicom gov doesn't rig all the delegate elections and control everything in Bitshares.
legendary

Keep thinking that
legendary

legendary

yup maybe he will create a new anon alias like daglord make the initial git push and claim hes satoshi
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

legendary
Even though I like Bitshares more than NXT, I'll trade anything if it's profitable.  I noticed NXT is currently at it's all time low of price, so was looking over the charts and market depth seeing if there would be some kind of bounce.  Right now it only takes 17btc to send NXT to 0.  Is this coin about to die or what?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Even though I like Bitshares more than NXT, I'll trade anything if it's profitable.  I noticed NXT is currently at it's all time low of price, so was looking over the charts and market depth seeing if there would be some kind of bounce.  Right now it only takes 17btc to send NXT to 0.  Is this coin about to die or what?  It doesn't look like there are any whales interested in keeping it alive.
legendary
A non blockchain concept is purely for trash.
One of the most dogmatic and short-sighted comments ever  Wink
Sorry but its true, the blockchain is not efficient, but it's transparent and free.
Sorry when it comes to money, i`d rather have a transparent , non counterfeitable system, that is free of control, than a 1 server database that is efficient, but ultra corruptable.

I guess this is how the non blcokchain looks like - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12627626

If I am correct it is like a transaction-chain or one block has one transaction and there are still chains.

Heh it is kind of blockchain concept so I will read more into it, thanks Smiley
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
Sorry but its true, the blockchain is not efficient, but it's transparent and free.
Sorry when it comes to money, i`d rather have a transparent , non counterfeitable system, that is free of control, than a 1 server database that is efficient, but ultra corruptable.

I guess this is how the non blcokchain looks like - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12627626

If I am correct it is like a transaction-chain or one block has one transaction and there are still chains.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Crypti Public Relations
Setting the playing field is going to be tricky.......some systems are going to be much happier running on high end hardware.

Just to rig the entire game in Nxts favour: can we run the bake-off on RaspPi2 or CubieTrucks?   Grin

Sure Smiley  We run pretty well on that kinda hardware too, obviously no 1000s of tx/peaks, but it functions no less Smiley

I have a 64MB RAM (+64MB swap) node which runs Crypti. On another node of myself which has 128MB RAM I currently even run a Crypti delegate.

Live example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA5o-V1Q0ak
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016
Setting the playing field is going to be tricky.......some systems are going to be much happier running on high end hardware.

Just to rig the entire game in Nxts favour: can we run the bake-off on RaspPi2 or CubieTrucks?   Grin

Sure Smiley  We run pretty well on that kinda hardware too, obviously no 1000s of tx/peaks, but it functions no less Smiley
Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016
Does anyone want to challenge eMunie's claim in this bake-off?  BitShares' Stan/Dan?  Come-from-Beyond?

I need numbers for payments-only performance of eMunie then.

I'm not sure what you mean by payments-only, isn't that all this test is going to do?  We cant turn off all the additional transactional features in order to achieve higher throughput, nor would I want to.  Other projects may wish to do that, but I want to have a near as possible production eMunie configuration so that its a truer test of what real world performance can be.

Anyway, for this "bake-off" eMunie will most likely run in a single partition configuration as there is still some final work and testing to do in order to operate a multi-partition network.  If the bake-off date is indeed moved though, we should be at a point where a multi-partition network could be configured.

With the machine specs outlined in the OP, and a single partition config, eMunie should be able to easily sustain 200-300 tx/s across 20 nodes for 100 minutes.  Taking the average of 250 tx/s, our test result should be somewhere around 1.5M transactions after 100 minutes.  If the OP wants decides to do peak testing too, 3-5k tx/s should be possible over a short duration, but this bake-off really needs sustained load capability, as the final transaction count is what matter.

If we are at a stage where we can operate a multi-partition network, then that throughput greatly increases up to an order of 10x for 20 partitions!
legendary
Activity: 1225
a transparent , non counterfeitable system, that is free of control

blockchainless + the points you mention are not necessarily contradictory.
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

non blockchain != 1 server database
Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

Pages:
Jump to: