Pages:
Author

Topic: What 2.0 Currency will be the most successful? - page 5. (Read 17794 times)

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
Does anyone want to challenge eMunie's claim in this bake-off?  BitShares' Stan/Dan?  Come-from-Beyond?

I need numbers for payments-only performance of eMunie then.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
A non blockchain concept is purely for trash.
One of the most dogmatic and short-sighted comments ever  Wink
Just the way you like it

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
Just the way you like it
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016

1)  Scalability - Bitshares will likely have the highest scalability of any blockchain platform (Emunie does not use a blockchain, thus lower redundancy)

Quoted from another thread as it wasn't relevant to post a reply there.

Please explain your definition of redundancy for clarity, so I can be sure to rebut it in the correct context.
legendary

Thanks for your in-depth technical analysis Smiley
You said all i need to know
legendary

Thanks for your in-depth technical analysis Smiley
legendary
legendary
My post from the other thread:

As for your comments about the test, I suppose you consider a race between a petrol powered car and a electric one invalid too?

I don't think you can really argue it that way.  The blockchain system objectively has more redundancy.
legendary
I've created a bake-off contest thread here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/december-2015-fastest-crypto-bake-off-topic-locked-1203228 due to the difficulty of knowing how fast cryptos can go in an apples-to-apples comparison...though it won't be perfect, it may help.  Does anyone want to challenge eMunie's claim in this bake-off?  BitShares' Stan/Dan?  Come-from-Beyond?

Your test is a failed concept from the start for the reason I posted in that thread.  You cannot compare Emunie with coins that use a blockchain:

There's no such thing as an apples to apples comparison with Emunie.  Emunie uses a steady state network with a ledger and no blockchain.  This means if the network blows up, everyone is screwed.  Systems utilizing blockchains are far easier to recover from problems.

You can't compare blockchain coins to a coin that doesn't utilize one at all.  There's really no such thing as a fatal error in a blockchain system.  This is why Satoshi chose to use it.  The records will always be there from the past no matter what happens in the short term.  Saying Emunie is an apples to apples comparison is like calling non-volatile + volatile memory the same thing.

Why?

Surely the comparison will illuminate the better technology, which the test is about.

Its an apples - apples comparison because the same task is being performed, just in a different manner.  The end result is transactions.

The same way testing petrol and electric powered cars to see which is the most efficient or whatever, same task, different manner, end result = transport
legendary
I've created a bake-off contest thread here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/december-2015-fastest-crypto-bake-off-topic-locked-1203228 due to the difficulty of knowing how fast cryptos can go in an apples-to-apples comparison...though it won't be perfect, it may help.  Does anyone want to challenge eMunie's claim in this bake-off?  BitShares' Stan/Dan?  Come-from-Beyond?

Your test is a failed concept from the start for the reason I posted in that thread.  You cannot compare Emunie with coins that use a blockchain:

There's no such thing as an apples to apples comparison with Emunie.  Emunie uses a steady state network with a ledger and no blockchain.  This means if the network blows up, everyone is screwed.  Systems utilizing blockchains are far easier to recover from problems.

You can't compare blockchain coins to a coin that doesn't utilize one at all.  There's really no such thing as a fatal error in a blockchain system.  This is why Satoshi chose to use it.  The records will always be there from the past no matter what happens in the short term.  Saying Emunie is an apples to apples comparison is like calling non-volatile + volatile memory the same thing.

legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
Ethereum eventually but not yet.

Buterin senior will be happy.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
I've created a bake-off contest thread here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/december-2015-fastest-crypto-bake-off-topic-locked-1203228 due to the difficulty of knowing how fast cryptos can go in an apples-to-apples comparison...though it won't be perfect, it may help.  Does anyone want to challenge eMunie's claim in this bake-off?  BitShares' Stan/Dan?  Come-from-Beyond?
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Ethereum eventually but not yet.
legendary
Will third party security auditing solve this problem? I think Ethereum is also facing the same issue and tried to do some intensive third party auditing to solve it.

Yes, more peer reviews = better.
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
PS: I faced this very problem in my current project. We use a novel signing algorithm.

Will third party security auditing solve this problem? I think Ethereum is also facing the same issue and tried to do some intensive third party auditing to solve it.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Crypti Public Relations
Of course it uses popular crypto libraries. Smiley It's the same as Nxt promoted with the slogan "100% from scratch". Wink

I know that it uses cryptolibs, but "100%" raises questions regarding security of cryptoalgorithms. It may be fine for ordinary users, but it will catch an eye of a serious company that may be thinking about using Crypti.

PS: I faced this very problem in my current project. We use a novel signing algorithm.

Thanks for the hint. Good luck with your project. Smiley
legendary
Of course it uses popular crypto libraries. Smiley It's the same as Nxt promoted with the slogan "100% from scratch". Wink

I know that it uses cryptolibs, but "100%" raises questions regarding security of cryptoalgorithms. It may be fine for ordinary users, but it will catch an eye of a serious company that may be thinking about using Crypti.

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Crypti Public Relations
100% own Node.js code.

If you promote Crypti as 100% own code then you should emphasize that cryptographic algorithms implementation was extensively reviewed or you use popular cryptolibraries.

legendary
100% own Node.js code.

If you promote Crypti as 100% own code then you should emphasize that cryptographic algorithms implementation was extensively reviewed or you use popular cryptolibraries.
Pages:
Jump to: