Pages:
Author

Topic: What are options to mine a profitable crypto on my computer. - page 10. (Read 3800 times)

Activity: 85
Merit: 2
IdenaNetwork (idena.io)
I dont have the financial capacity to mine bitcoin. Is there anything I can mine profitably using my ordinary electronic gadgets like laptop, mobile and related stuff?

There's a perfect coin for your situation. Idena Network (idena.io).
Mining through GPU is worthless if the coin mined have no quality/genuine potential and utility. I check the link provided and i can only an unfinished project which miners wont be able to sell when needed to paid their bills.
I will advise OP to visit minerstat here he can find the necessary information about how to mine using computer/GPU with the right coin.

Idena Network doesn't use GPU nor CPU. There's no PoW mining involved. It's BFT consensus and it gives you 1.3$ a day in the current market.

I mean, there's no downside to trying this, you literally don't invest anything to get something.
That's doesn't matter either if the coin doesn't have genuine utility and also listed on the liquidity exchange site. Besides, why would choose to mine or invest in a coin just because of the $1.3 that can be made just in a nap of fingers

Cause this is many times more than any laptop CPU PoW can give you.

Not to mention you get other rewards on top of mining ones.

But those that don't want to make extra bucks, don't need to.
Activity: 1820
Merit: 566
I dont have the financial capacity to mine bitcoin. Is there anything I can mine profitably using my ordinary electronic gadgets like laptop, mobile and related stuff?

Mining through GPU is worthless if the coin mined have no quality/genuine potential and utility. I check the link provided and i can only an unfinished project which miners wont be able to sell when needed to paid their bills.
I will advise OP to visit minerstat here he can find the necessary information about how to mine using computer/GPU with the right coin.

Idena Network doesn't use GPU nor CPU. There's no PoW mining involved. It's BFT consensus and it gives you 1.3$ a day in the current market.

I mean, there's no downside to trying this, you literally don't invest anything to get something.
That's doesn't matter either if the coin doesn't have genuine utility and also listed on the liquidity exchange site. Besides, why would choose to mine or invest in a coin just because of the $1.3 that can be made just in a nap of fingers
IdenaNetwork (idena.io)
You can mine Verus ( https://veruscoin.io/ )with your laptop. It uses you CPU and can make you $0.30 to $1 a day -power but its not a lot.

Because you are on a laptop just use 1/2 of your cores for mining.

I'm sorry but I don't agree
It is not recommended to do this with Laptop CPUs, because heating and constant use at 100% can damage your hardware
Laptops are not designed to handle this kind of situation, with Desktop CPUs you can use a very efficient cooler and handle easily

Another thing to consider is the battery of the laptop, with heat and constant usage, you'll kill faster

Exactly. So you need something that doesn't use PoW. And doesn't require buying shitload of coins/tokens to stake. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1303
You can mine Verus ( https://veruscoin.io/ )with your laptop. It uses you CPU and can make you $0.30 to $1 a day -power but its not a lot.

I'm sorry but I don't agree
It is not recommended to do this with Laptop CPUs, because heating and constant use at 100% can damage your hardware
Laptops are not designed to handle this kind of situation, with Desktop CPUs you can use a very efficient cooler and handle easily

Another thing to consider is the battery of the laptop, with heat and constant usage, you'll kill faster
IdenaNetwork (idena.io)

Activity: 61
Merit: 1
Crypto Miner and Crypto Enthusiast!

Activity: 1820
Merit: 566

Activity: 196
Merit: 15
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
No, mobile miners aren't that good and the only coin I can recommend stopped mobile mining already, that's electroneum, I think it's better you get desktop with good CPU at least and mine Monero (XMR), it uses a new Algorithm called RandomX and it's better with CPU, this shouldn't cost you alot
IdenaNetwork (idena.io)

You don't need fast CPU/GPU or loads of RAM. You only need stable, flat-rate internet connection (or you can use cheap VPS for that part - VPS monthly fee pays itself off in 4 days of "mining" DNA).

It's equally distributed among all validated miners, there's no "my dick is bigger than yours" in Idena. But when you prove your humanness epoch by epoch, you get some extras to help you receive bigger rewards. But all on equal grounds, as long as you prove you're human and not a bot. And there are no 10 computers mining for one person, no ASICS, no farms.

It's still fairly new and growing each epoch.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 650
Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me
~ snip ~

I should also ask you what components do you have in your computer

I have a HP laptop not very special just a normal one with 500 GB HDD, 8 GB RAM and Core i5 Processor. I don't my laptop has expensive components that I can use to mine any coin that requires extensive processing.

I will save you the hassle of investigating further and just say that there is nothing that you can mine on that laptop. You shouldn't ever even mine on a laptop due to a fire risk of the battery exploding.
[snip]
This is misleading and you really cant use BTC to judge altcoin mining activities and for the records there is still some altcoin which can be mine with GPU but the OP will need to get a graphic card.
In mean time, you'll find the altcoin you can mine on whattomine.

It's not worth in my opinion
I'm mining this coin MASS and with 1Tb I'm mining 0.5 coins daily, but it's not regular, some days you can gain more or less, but it's a good start point to make your own calculations

The coin right now is $0,49 USD
How much will you spend with electricity and degradation of your hardware?

If you already have a rig of GPUs and have some spare HDDs, it's worth

Once on exchange, the complexity of coin increase and it becomes more and more difficult to mine it on traditional devices like laptop and personal computers.
Thats not correct. There are some altcoin which are listed on exchange and there mining difficulty never change. What I'm trying to point out is that  it all depends on altcoin concept and utility level.

Activity: 41

I'm mining this coin MASS and with 1Tb I'm mining 0.5 coins daily, but it's not regular, some days you can gain more or less, but it's a good start point to make your own calculations

Once on exchange, the complexity of coin increase and it becomes more and more difficult to mine it on traditional devices like laptop and personal computers. Defiantly 0.5$ wont be profitable on laptop now, the opportunity to mine it on laptop is now over. Those who interested may mine it using rig of GPUs or buy it from exchange.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1303
Laptop and mobile is bad idea, they will overheat and die in a very short time, they can't handle the POW heat like desktop can do, you will need graphics card like GTX 1050 and cheap electricity

Sir I do agree that PoW cant be mined on laptops anymore. I spent few days searching for MASS and through there telegram group I came to know many are mining this token on their laptops and on We Pool ( mining pool of MASS). I am in process of setting up miner on my laptop and will share how much I mine on my laptop.

Activity: 72
Merit: 3
Laptop and mobile is bad idea, they will overheat and die in a very short time, they can't handle the POW heat like desktop can do, you will need graphics card like GTX 1050 and cheap electricity

Sir I do agree that PoW cant be mined on laptops anymore. I spent few days searching for MASS and through there telegram group I came to know many are mining this token on their laptops and on We Pool ( mining pool of MASS). I am in process of setting up miner on my laptop and will share how much I mine on my laptop.
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
Activity: 72
Merit: 3
Moving through this thread, I think MASS is the only mining token that I can try on my laptop. Other then that I dont see much options here. I am still waiting for other recommendations.
Activity: 52
Merit: 32
Its a matter of fact (sad though) that Bitcoin cant be mined now on your laptops and computers. Those who entered early in mining Bitcoin got maximum reward for that. Now we have to look and see what alternatives we have. Its a little bit difficult but still possible. Mining with profit is still possible on your laptops.
Activity: 33

That's the story of every coin, those who adopt the mining process of the coin in its early days get huge benefits. Since difficulty to mine the coin is easy in early days. Once the coin start gaining value like BTC, its difficulty increase and you need expensive hardware for mining. Take it or leave it that's the decision you have to make early on.

Even bitcoin was not entertained by many in its early days. I am following this coin since march and I was sure it will be a big hit. Since the project is very much fair and there is every much about this project on their site.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0

I will save you the hassle of investigating further and just say that there is nothing that you can mine on that laptop. You shouldn't ever even mine on a laptop due to a fire risk of the battery exploding.

Right now mining is very competitive and BTC even had a halving which makes it more competitive. The cheapest way to mine if you still want to is to get a desktop and buy a RX 470 8GB GPU for like $100 and mine ETH, you will make like $0.25 a day before electrical, after electrical probably nothing. So if you want to get involved in crypto just buy the coins directly as an investment. If it was that easy to mine with a $50 laptop, everybody would be doing it.

Thank you for the valuable suggestion, bitcoin mining is no more profitable for beginners and for those who don't have specific hardware to mine. Even then on this thread we see options like

ETN - Electroneum - https://electroneum.com/

MASS - https://massnet.org/en/
Trust me, every coin is quickly optimized and with difficulty makes it unprofitable for random hardware like a laptop, especially with the cost of damage to components not meant for that kind of workload and heat. If you really want to mine instead of buy coin, you will need to build a rig or or learn about an alternative.

This is true.  I could not believe how quickly CPU mining was optimized out by GPU miners for bitcoinR (XBR).  We did a little bit of investigation and found that it was a single person who was a video editor for a local news channel leveraging his high-performance GPUs in his video editing rigs and that's what kicked off the competition for hashpower.  It's very interesting to observe.  You can watch it here:  Blockchain Explorer:
bitcoinR Block Explorer.

We went from <500 in difficulty to 48,693,306 within the span of a few hours.  Insane.

That's the story of every coin, those who adopt the mining process of the coin in its early days get huge benefits. Since difficulty to mine the coin is easy in early days. Once the coin start gaining value like BTC, its difficulty increase and you need expensive hardware for mining. Take it or leave it that's the decision you have to make early on.
Activity: 33

Thank you for the valuable suggestion, bitcoin mining is no more profitable for beginners and for those who don't have specific hardware to mine. Even then on this thread we see options like

ETN - Electroneum - https://electroneum.com/

MASS - https://massnet.org/en/

MASS is really is a great option for the new birds. It's easy to mine and already registered on two different exchanges with a value of around 0.5$.
https://www.hotbit.io/exchange?symbol=MASS_USDT  &  https://www.mxc.com/trade/easy#MASS_USDT
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
It's a great thread to learn about mining. What I came to know is that mining game is still not over for newbies like me thanks to project like MASS, its still on.
Pages:
Jump to: