Pages:
Author

Topic: What are options to mine a profitable crypto on my computer. - page 9. (Read 3800 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 252
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
I dont have the financial capacity to mine bitcoin. Is there anything I can mine profitably using my ordinary electronic gadgets like laptop, mobile and related stuff?

Laptops usually lacks the GPU power that is required to mine a good coin solo unless the coin is new and not much people know about it and for that to happen you need to be very lucky.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
The difference is that Idena dont have any value on exchnages while MASS is trading around 0.22$. Thats why I think MASS is a better option when compared to Idena.

Idena has a price of 800 sats (0.07$) on qtrade.io.

You can:

a) make $50-ish a month if you sell after every validation (and that works well for 2nd and 3rd world countries),

b) HODL for, IMHO, imminent boom in the future.

Either way, there IS a value. How much MASS can you mine per month on a laptop?

Good to see we have options other then BTC which people can mine in 2020. I am mining MASS these days and so far its a good experience. Reward is low these days because coin is on exchange.
Activity: 85
Merit: 2
IdenaNetwork (idena.io)
Mining is very competitive, so in order to collect a reward, the miner will need to be able to go through those random inputs as quickly as possible. Hence why choosing hardware with higher hash rate is extremely important for successful mining. Thats way a little bit expensive for Btc mining. May be Ethereum mining..Of course I want to mining with my laptop but we are in 2020.

And with Idena it's not competitive. Anyone has the same chance (not even a chance, it's a sure thing).
Activity: 213
Merit: 11
Mining is very competitive, so in order to collect a reward, the miner will need to be able to go through those random inputs as quickly as possible. Hence why choosing hardware with higher hash rate is extremely important for successful mining. Thats way a little bit expensive for Btc mining. May be Ethereum mining..Of course I want to mining with my laptop but we are in 2020.
IdenaNetwork (idena.io)
The difference is that Idena dont have any value on exchnages while MASS is trading around 0.22$. Thats why I think MASS is a better option when compared to Idena.

Idena has a price of 800 sats (0.07$) on qtrade.io.

You can:

a) make $50-ish a month if you sell after every validation (and that works well for 2nd and 3rd world countries),

b) HODL for, IMHO, imminent boom in the future.

Either way, there IS a value. How much MASS can you mine per month on a laptop?
Activity: 37
For people starting mining in 2020, there is no better option than going for mining MASS on your laptop and computers. That's a great way to learn and earn. I am mining it on my laptop reward is a bit low but its fun to see how this works.

With IdenaNetwork you don't even have to use your CPU or GPU. Just some of your time once in every 2 weeks, when validation ceremony day comes.

Any CPU-minable coin will have those that use high-end CPUs vs those that use a laptop.

In Idena, there's no difference. Only thing that matters is YOU, a person, compared to a bot.

IdenaNetwork (idena.io)
For people starting mining in 2020, there is no better option than going for mining MASS on your laptop and computers. That's a great way to learn and earn. I am mining it on my laptop reward is a bit low but its fun to see how this works.

With IdenaNetwork you don't even have to use your CPU or GPU. Just some of your time once in every 2 weeks, when validation ceremony day comes.

Any CPU-minable coin will have those that use high-end CPUs vs those that use a laptop.

In Idena, there's no difference. Only thing that matters is YOU, a person, compared to a bot.
Activity: 194
Give YadaCoin a try! We're listed on SafeTrade. You can mine our coin with our fork of XMRig, a very popular RandomX miner. RandomX mining is perfect for CPU only hardware.

0% dev fees, 1% pool take.

Download:

Windows: https://github.com/pdxwebdev/xmrigCC/releases/download/2.8.0/YadaCoin-XMRigCC-WindowsRC1.zip

Linux: https://github.com/pdxwebdev/xmrigCC/releases/download/2.8.0/YadaCoin-XMRigCC-LinuxRC1.tar.xz

Build from source: https://github.com/pdxwebdev/xmrigCC/tree/yadacoin

Support:
Visit our discord: https://discord.gg/JEDJaFS #mining-help
Activity: 46
Activity: 123
why dont you download ROI coin wallet on your laptop and mine the coins from your wallet just turn on mining leave it on make sure you turn off screensaver and turn power saving off and your get yourself some roi coins , and then when you get say 100 which wont take long then deposit them back to your wallet and earn 19 percent , i do this all the time i have 100k coins soon these coins will be worth a fortune guaranteed.
Activity: 762
Merit: 35
Recently I started mining DMS coin due to it's real world use case, which is not only planned
Like most of th coins out there, but actually working. It can be mined with almost any CPU.

It is designed to timestamp and mark documents of any sort as original, eliminating fraud.
If you are interested, you can learn more on their Discord: https://discord.gg/acfRC4X
Activity: 40
Merit: 1
I dont have the financial capacity to mine bitcoin. Is there anything I can mine profitably using my ordinary electronic gadgets like laptop, mobile and related stuff?
The answer is No, to mine any coin either CPU algo or GPU algo it requires better hardware setups, laptop is bad news for handling mining heats, they will die in short period of time, mining with either CPU or GPU on laptop will use all available power to the fullest and this will make your motherboard become extremely hot, this coursing damages or short life span

You are correct in saying that ordinary devices like CPUs cant be used to mine expensive cryptos like BTCs but less expensive coins (that still have some market value) can be mined on your ordinary CPU.

MASS gave a great opportunity to people who cant afford expensive mining devices, those who accepted the challenge got huge profit by selling MASS at good price on exchange.
Activity: 30
The answer is No, to mine any coin either CPU algo or GPU algo it requires better hardware setups, laptop is bad news for handling mining heats, they will die in short period of time, mining with either CPU or GPU on laptop will use all available power to the fullest and this will make your motherboard become extremely hot, this coursing damages or short life span

You are correct in saying that ordinary devices like CPUs cant be used to mine expensive cryptos like BTCs but less expensive coins (that still have some market value) can be mined on your ordinary CPU.
Activity: 196
Merit: 12
Activity: 42

I will defiantly do research on MASS and IDENA recommended by you. The game of mining is not over for people who are new and don't have money to buy expensive equipment.

The good thing about MASS is it's open for all and making mining decentralized once again and doing good job on exchanges. Those who wanna learn mining and don't know how to start, MASS is for them.
Activity: 30
Mining is still profitable with tokens like MASS. BTC mining is no more profitable for people who are starting mining now. We have to look for alternatives and good news is that we still have options.

Btc should not be the option for now for people who want to start the mining now . Also their are people who are looking to mine on the  laptop or mobile and I would suggest not to try out such things beacuse it will just overheat your laptop tot mobile and as a result it may get destroyed and not a good option to use it.

Yet everyone here is overlooking IDENA which gets you mining rewards without actual CPU or GPU use. Just some of your time and use of your brain.

I will defiantly do research on MASS and IDENA recommended by you. The game of mining is not over for people who are new and don't have money to buy expensive equipment.
IdenaNetwork (idena.io)
Mining is still profitable with tokens like MASS. BTC mining is no more profitable for people who are starting mining now. We have to look for alternatives and good news is that we still have options.

Btc should not be the option for now for people who want to start the mining now . Also their are people who are looking to mine on the  laptop or mobile and I would suggest not to try out such things beacuse it will just overheat your laptop tot mobile and as a result it may get destroyed and not a good option to use it.

Yet everyone here is overlooking IDENA which gets you mining rewards without actual CPU or GPU use. Just some of your time and use of your brain.

BTC mining is out of question for anyone who wanna start mining right now. MASS and other such coins are good option for anyone who is new and wanna get some insight of mining.
Activity: 41
You can mine Verus ( https://veruscoin.io/ )with your laptop. It uses you CPU and can make you $0.30 to $1 a day -power but its not a lot.

Because you are on a laptop just use 1/2 of your cores for mining.

I'm sorry but I don't agree
It is not recommended to do this with Laptop CPUs, because heating and constant use at 100% can damage your hardware
Laptops are not designed to handle this kind of situation, with Desktop CPUs you can use a very efficient cooler and handle easily

Another thing to consider is the battery of the laptop, with heat and constant usage, you'll kill faster

You have to sacrifice something if you mine any crypto, there is no way we can mine crypto outside computing devices.
The reason why I was recommending MASS for mining is that you don't need to spare your computer for mining, you can mine MASS while doing your work on computer. There are more tokens like that also, we have to find them.
Pages:
Jump to: