Pages:
Author

Topic: What are options to mine a profitable crypto on my computer. - page 3. (Read 3800 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1026
Do you recommend mining this coin?
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/massnet/
https://massnet.org/en/about
The Circulating Supply is very large. In the beginning, mining might have been a good idea.
I may be wrong, but there is no point in mining such coins now.
Activity: 966
Merit: 311
there is a complete site where you can enter all the parameters such as energy cost, type of graphics card and power (hash per second) based on these data it tells you your earnings in 24 hours and which is the best algorithm / coin to use the site is https://whattomine.com

Site is to technical to be used by newbies or less technical people like me. Nonethless we need simple answer that which coin complexity is less and can easily be mined on less expensive gadgets. MASS has removed the need to use of ASIC and we can mine it on our devices, that's some positive news for new miners.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 110

It may be fun but its definatly not much worthy to mine MASS now. See its price now, I am very much sure that you wont get much profit by mining this coin. So better go to exchange and buy this coin , its standing on 0.30$ for very long time. Chances are that it will go up from here.

Whether one agree or not, price of MASS is stable on 0.30$ for so long. I am 100% sure that it will go up from here on. If you are looking a close eye on MASS then you will admit that this is the right time to buy MASS now. BTC is bullish and it will remain bullish for few months. Lets just buy MASS and HODL.
Activity: 148
Merit: 11

MASSNET main strengths are its PoC consensus algo and ability to mine it on any device. With time we see its complexity going high because of its popularity there are too many people joining in the mining process. But still its fun to mine the coin.

It may be fun but its definatly not much worthy to mine MASS now. See its price now, I am very much sure that you wont get much profit by mining this coin. So better go to exchange and buy this coin , its standing on 0.30$ for very long time. Chances are that it will go up from here.
copper member
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
World's First Lunar Registry Blockchain
With the recent ban in china on mining, the mining industry in China has almost gone down to zero. There are other countries where such miners have been shifted. If you read this thread there are many coins highlighted that can be mined profitably using traditional gadgets like Laptop, mobile etc. MASSNET is a good option but I am struggling to find how much MASS you will get for 10TB of HDD? Can someone help me with that.

MASSNET main strengths are its PoC consensus algo and ability to mine it on any device. With time we see its complexity going high because of its popularity there are too many people joining in the mining process. But still its fun to mine the coin.
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
With the recent ban in china on mining, the mining industry in China has almost gone down to zero. There are other countries where such miners have been shifted. If you read this thread there are many coins highlighted that can be mined profitably using traditional gadgets like Laptop, mobile etc. MASSNET is a good option but I am struggling to find how much MASS you will get for 10TB of HDD? Can someone help me with that.
copper member
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
World's First Lunar Registry Blockchain
Well to be honest there are still many coins that can mined profitably without requiring any expensive setups. MASS was no doubt ideal to mine but at that time people were not taking interest in it. Now its value has gone up and so is its complexity now everyone is running after this coin. Its late, we need to be on time to catch the train.
Activity: 121
Merit: 1
There really is no secret method out there. Sure there are some very small alt coins which you can mine however there is no guarantee that they will do an 100x. And the daily profitability of those coins is slightly less than mining ETH directly.

If some new coin and algo comes out then as soon as it’s listed on one of those “ whattomine” website and it shows as slightly profitable than ETH you will see the difficulty sky rocket because everybody wants a piece of the more profitable pie.

Mining is extremely difficult these days. More difficult than in any of the previous cycles.

Mining gets extremely difficult once a coin is listed on exchnage (more miners jump in and complexity goes up) but its fine to mine a coin before its listed on any exchnage. So try to hunt coins that can go up in future and mine them.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 260
There are many options highlighted on this thread where one can find a coin that can be mined with profitability. I am not going to favor a coin for mining. But one thing is very clear that mining is not over for people with low budget there are still lots of options available. All we need is an effort to uncover those coins.
Activity: 759
Merit: 15
there is a complete site where you can enter all the parameters such as energy cost, type of graphics card and power (hash per second) based on these data it tells you your earnings in 24 hours and which is the best algorithm / coin to use the site is https://whattomine.com
Activity: 1274
Merit: 265
even by mining with only the desktop or laptop pc there are expenses, consumption, you need to calculate the cost of energy and have a fairly powerful pc with a good cpu and gpu, for the mining cpu (with at least 8 cores) i recommend mining uplexa on cryptonight upx algorithm, instead with the gpu (at least 4gb of ram) i recommend to mine firo on mtp algorithm

Yes there are expenses on mining with desktop and laptop, not to forget the possibility of heating up the devices that may cause irreversible damage. Its very difficult to exactly find out the ratio of power consumption to coin mined. Do you have any calculator that tells how much profit one can generate by mining uplexa and Firo ?
Activity: 759
Merit: 15
even by mining with only the desktop or laptop pc there are expenses, consumption, you need to calculate the cost of energy and have a fairly powerful pc with a good cpu and gpu, for the mining cpu (with at least 8 cores) i recommend mining uplexa on cryptonight upx algorithm, instead with the gpu (at least 4gb of ram) i recommend to mine firo on mtp algorithm
I dont have the financial capacity to mine bitcoin. Is there anything I can mine profitably using my ordinary electronic gadgets like laptop, mobile and related stuff?
there is hdd mining with chia and hotspot mining with helium, i think helium better choice for low budget miner and easy maintenance

or you can start mining for hobbies with cpu or anything that can compute

Prices of Chia and Helium are very high and I don't think you can earn much with limited HDD and hotspot. So its better to buy these coins and trade (short or long term).
If you are hobbyist then you can mine any coin that you want, there are already so many mentioned in this thread. But keep one thing in mind that mining is rarely profitable with limited resources.
legendary
Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002
I dont have the financial capacity to mine bitcoin. Is there anything I can mine profitably using my ordinary electronic gadgets like laptop, mobile and related stuff?
there is hdd mining with chia and hotspot mining with helium, i think helium better choice for low budget miner and easy maintenance

or you can start mining for hobbies with cpu or anything that can compute
There really is no secret method out there. Sure there are some very small alt coins which you can mine however there is no guarantee that they will do an 100x. And the daily profitability of those coins is slightly less than mining ETH directly.

If some new coin and algo comes out then as soon as it’s listed on one of those “ whattomine” website and it shows as slightly profitable than ETH you will see the difficulty sky rocket because everybody wants a piece of the more profitable pie.

Mining is extremely difficult these days. More difficult than in any of the previous cycles.

There are coins that can be mined easily on your normal gadgets (laptop, mobile etc) but its only till the time they don't have any value or are not listed on any exchnage. Rest as coins goes on exchnage, many others join in and complexity of the coins goes up and you need specialized hardware to mine it.
I do agree with you that its more profitable to purchase coin directly rather then mining it.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

Activity: 121
There are still many profitable ways of doing mining. If you don't have much money then don't mine BTC, ETh etc. Just look around and see what coins (not shit coins) are there that can be mined on your devices. there are many listed on this thread.

If you are referring to MASS then its better right now to buy this coin rather then mining it now, you will get more profit. If you are new to mining then do MASS mining in order to get understanding of what mining in reality is. There are curtains for people who wanna do BTC, ETH mining but dont have much money.
Activity: 40
There are still many profitable ways of doing mining. If you don't have much money then don't mine BTC, ETh etc. Just look around and see what coins (not shit coins) are there that can be mined on your devices. there are many listed on this thread.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 265
To create a masternode, you need to download special software and buy coins.
The shittier the project, the easier it is to make a masternode, these are my observations.
Profit is usually said in the amount of coins that you will receive additionally if the masternode works.
But the price of a coin can drop at any time and you will lose money.
Better learn to mine on video cards.

Video cards and other specialized mining devices eats too much power and are costly, that's why they are in reach of rich miners only. The primary reason why people look for cheap mining options is because of lack of affordability. Its better to learn mining first on video cards or using HDDs (PoC) before you invest huge money there.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1026
To create a masternode, you need to download special software and buy coins.
The shittier the project, the easier it is to make a masternode, these are my observations.
Profit is usually said in the amount of coins that you will receive additionally if the masternode works.
But the price of a coin can drop at any time and you will lose money.
Better learn to mine on video cards.
Pages:
Jump to: