Pages:
Author

Topic: What are the biggest mistakes you've done with Bitcoin? - page 12. (Read 18180 times)

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

Trusting Mt.Gox is a reliable company.

Hit the nail on the head there.  They have been holding our bitcoinica funds for around a year now.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
Sold 25 coins at price $45/BTC.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1722
Selling and buying Bitcoins too often at the wrong price.

Buying a 6 month mining contract from a guy who ran away with the money (didn't recover everything).

Trusting Mt.Gox is a reliable company.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
My final BTC trade was at 2.94 BTC/CAD, pretty much the bottom of the first decline. Haven't touched bitcoin since, started reading up on it with the recent price spike. So many regrets right now.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Next biggest was to sell most of my coins on the way back up @ $26.

Yeah I really hate the fact that I needed money back at the $20 level and sold most of my coins Sad
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Lost password to my first encrypted wallet. I have 0.4 BTC in there and no way to get it out. I know one day that'll be worth like $150,000 hahaha...   argh

I'm also invested in the BAKEWELL mining asset on Bitfunder, which appears to have been some sort of scam.
Activity: 532
Day trading Alt-currencies in the past like Solidcoin,Iocoin and Ixcoin.Lost at least 100 btc doing that.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001
Lost 25 BTC by sending to what I thought was my instawallet... But it wasn't. Instawallet is just a bit richer because of my stupidity.
Activity: 661
Gamble about 150 BTC away around 5-10 dollar range.

Next biggest was to sell most of my coins on the way back up @ $26.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
As the topic says, What are the biggest mistakes you've done with Bitcoin?

I'm trying to gather just a list on things that have gone wrong. This can be terrible backup stories, client hacks, reversing at MtGox and such.
I don't want to gather a list of hacks of commercial sites in particular because there are plenty of information on that already.

I will post everything I find on this very simple website:
http://sites.google.com/site/whoissatoshi/bitcoin-mistakes

Don't be shy!

EDIT: Please add some context, interesting details etc to make it a nice story.
Pages:
Jump to: