Pages:
Author

Topic: What are the biggest mistakes you've done with Bitcoin? - page 8. (Read 18180 times)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0
I did not buy enough  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 1279
Primedice.com, Stake.com
Selling cheap :|
Activity: 13
I bought 7BTC for £50. I then lost about 6 of that on btcjam. Had I just held on to them they would be worth about £800-900.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
Pre-Ordering bASIC's. Lost nearly $100,000.

Ouch. sorry about that.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
selling bitcoin?
Activity: 454
Merit: 250
Technology and Women. Amazing.
Pre-Ordering bASIC's. Lost nearly $100,000.
Activity: 49
I sold 9.5BTC at $2000 yesterday when they were $189...
Those numbers don't seem to add up...

He means $1795.5.

People like to round up when talking about their winnings.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
Speaking of mistakes, "Biggest mistakes you've made with bitcoin"  Undecided
Activity: 28
Those numbers don't seem to add up...
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Stopping my bitcoin miners back in 2010 because of a port conflict with Vmware. 
Activity: 49
Knew about Bitcoin since it was at about $2, never bought any as i was poor uni-student
Mined with my old computer, before mining pools, but turned it off after a couple days because it was going to take about 5 months (average) to hit a block (get 50 coins). Would have a couple hundred at least if i let it run, for no real cost to myself.
Got 5 coins from Bitcoin faucet way back when, which i just left in a wallet to rot on an old hard drive that i dumped when i threw out my old computer.
At the start of the most recent boom, @$30/btc, i signed up to mt.gox (thinking it was the only real way to buy mass coins - stupid) as i wanted to buy $2000 worth of coins. Waited about 3 weeks for my account verification so i could fund it, verification got rejected and Bitcoins tripled in value.

Ended up getting my $2000 worth of btc's at $96 a piece on localbitcoins. The thing is i looked at localbitcoins while my account was pending verification and thought it look a bit shady so continued to wait for mt.gox while the price skyrocketed.

My bitcoin experience is full of missed opportunities, however i have my coins now and am happy. If the price continues to climb i have a stake in it. If it plummets then i simply have the chance to buy more.
Activity: 252
biggest mistake:

not buying in when i first heard about it!
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Trusting shitmarket.eu - twice! The transactions went fine everytime, the users were cool but using it as an online wallet was...expensive... I lost 50 BTC because the admin gambled at first with user´s money (bitcoinica), then got "hacked" Angry

Same. Although I only trusted them once, and "only" lost 40 BTC...
I'll get dizzy now thinking of how much it is now.

They did not only steal my coins, but also a part of my future  Cry

Activity: 434
In Hashrate We Trust!
Biggest mistake: invested a big amount in gold and silver instead of Bitcoin six months ago. That investment would be worth 20-25 times more now.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10

#1 mistake.

Back when bitcoins dropped to 3$

I stopped my mining rig and upgraded my main pc with the parts.

If I didn't stop mining, I would have made way over 35 bitcoins.
Probably up to 300 bitcoins.

I sold my bitcoins for... 23$
Made 700$, reinvested half in a new mining rig.

Now I got 3 bitcoins.

No losses at all, just fun... and hell of a facepalm thinking of the money I could have made.
Activity: 364
Responsible gaming everyone  Wink
copper member
Activity: 1428
Merit: 253
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
not starting early enough

Today even though I sold at an avg of $210, I'm losing money.... :/

I'm not selling until I reach my goal!
xqr
Activity: 56
So far my biggest mistake has been ordering a Jalapeño with BTC. I probably won't see the hardware for at least 6 months, woulda been better off just hoarding the BTC I used to pay for it.

Second biggest mistake was using bitinstant to transfer. My money has disappeared.
Activity: 28
not starting early enough
Activity: 740
Merit: 501
Back at the day when I was new to bitcoins you could buy them at about 6$ per coin, wish I could travel back in time and slap myself on the head and invest all I can gather into them.
Pages:
Jump to: