Pages:
Author

Topic: What are the biggest mistakes you've done with Bitcoin? - page 9. (Read 18180 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Back when coins were around 10-15 I gambled some BTC at Bitzino. Playing blackjack I went from 6 BTC to 14BTC in 2 days. Could have stopped there, but pushed my luck. Lost it all within a couple minutes. Martingale betting is fun and profitable for awhile but it will bite you in the ass if you get greedy.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Twice now was I positive that we had hit the top, so I sold.... only to buy back in higher. Lesson learned. lol

I have thought about selling a number of times in the last few days, but each time I wake up and check the price on mtgox I end up quite happy that I didn't. I think I am just going to hold indefinitely regardless of what the price does, and when more and more shops begin accepting BTC i will use it for its intended purpose - as a currency.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
Lost a bunch of BTC on tradehill and never could get it back. Also lost BTC on the 1st mtGox hack.
legendary
Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001
Worst mistake was trusting MtGox with my bitcoins. Lost pretty much all i had back then due to this lame vulnerability on their site.
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
Your Argument is Irrelephant
organized lending.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Not exactly in the theme of this thread, but I once sent 10 btc to the wrong address by accident. I Google'd the address and it turned out to be Gavin's. He sent them back to me Smiley

Lucky break!
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
Not sure it applies since it's more related to the bitcoin community than bitcoin itself, but https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/transparent-history-transaction-specific-feedback-thread-161710

vvvv LOL Priceless.
Activity: 224
DigiByte Founder
"Hoooold for the longest time."
t3c
Activity: 23
Unless they hit 100K a pop i am never selling

....although if that happens >...
Activity: 840
Putting most of my coins in Bitcoinica (SCUMBAAAAAAAGS!!!!)
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
I never did this, but I already saw someone sending Bitcoins to the worng address, I think that this is the most Epic Fail someone can do.

Yep and I did that already. I sent 1 btc to a wrong address, probably a wrong instawallet address.
+1. Let us pray for the coins sent to oblivion...
(https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/attn-owner-of-17ifsbmd96whngemhwpkmhhepwkjx4jrq5-158175)

And 'investing' in Pirate.  Embarrassed
legendary
Activity: 1372
--------------->¿?
I never did this, but I already saw someone sending Bitcoins to the worng address, I think that this is the most Epic Fail someone can do.

Yep and I did that already. I sent 1 btc to a wrong address, probably a wrong instawallet address.
legendary
Activity: 1386
English <-> Portuguese translations
Activity: 68
I panic sold most of my btc yesterday at 115USD  Embarrassed
Activity: 412
Merit: 250
Twice now was I positive that we had hit the top, so I sold.... only to buy back in higher. Lesson learned. lol

Long term hold seems to be the only safe strategy when it comes to bitcoin. At least so far anyway.
Activity: 86
Trusting shitmarket.eu - twice! The transactions went fine everytime, the users were cool but using it as an online wallet was...expensive... I lost 50 BTC because the admin gambled at first with user´s money (bitcoinica), then got "hacked" Angry
Activity: 224
DigiByte Founder
Activity: 518
Manateeeeeeees
Loaned a total of 40BTC out on btcjam.  Lost most of it - sad times.  I hate scammers.
Activity: 11
Trusting anything to be reliable. Mt.Gox's API failed on me at the worst possible time. = losses of 100BTC  Undecided well.....
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪
I wouldn't call it a mistake, but I started investing $4k dollars in mining equipment and a similar amount in buying BTC directly when BTC was at $8 back in mid last year...
If I invested all 8K in BTC directly, I'd have way more coins! Smiley

I am betting some people on this forum would give their left nut to have made a 'mistake' like that.
Pages:
Jump to: