Pages:
Author

Topic: What comes to your mind when you think of Japan? - page 79. (Read 102621 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 107
What comes to my mind is that Japan is a country popular when it comes with a high technologies.
Activity: 384
Merit: 101
Robots, culture, food (sushi)
Activity: 561
Merit: 274
rising sun flag,tekoki,genetic dental abnormalities,yakuza,dolphin hunting,unit 731,takeshi kitano,akira kurosawa,hikikomori,taijin kyofusho,karoshi,enter the void and this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2XoIG5WX48
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I read an article last week in a major newspaper detailing how it appears to be a thing now in Japan to buy mannequins resembling inflatable dolls and live with them as if they were their partners. I'm sure it has the advantage for a man to never be contradicted or be turned down. Yet, how desperately sad that Japanese men to have to resort to this. It attests to their emotional incapability and human tardiness. 
Activity: 504
Merit: 512
Giants monster and giant robots.
Activity: 243
Merit: 251
I think of sushi, wasabe and a few car brands like Honda and Toyota.

Also think of a very advanced country with an interesting culture.
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
Thousands of vending machines. Kind and polite taxi drivers with interesting glooves.
Activity: 41
Activity: 527
Merit: 250
Depression
Activity: 84
severe mental disorder
When I think Japan I think of sushi with lots of wasabi and saki. Japanese sports cars and hot Jap girls.

To me Japan equals Nikon, my fave!

Otherwise I associate it with mad people working 24/7 and sleeping at the office, manga portraying underage girls being forced into sex, young girls mimicking sex to paying customers behind a glass and sad lonely men gathering at local bars buying drinks to a really young entraineuse.

The Japanese people I have met have all been very kind and courteous but there is something about their whole modern culture that I find somewhat unhealthy...

I had once started studying the language and for a period of time I was very much into Japanese literature. Yet I think that if Mishima was alive these days and saw all these things, he'd end his life the exact same way he did.
Activity: 330
traditions, music, discipline, unique philosophy and poetry, calligraphy, sake, sea food.
Activity: 68
When I think of Japan I come up with 2 things; one is the cherry blossoms. I want to see the cherry blossoms because it is calming and so cute. I wanna play with it and i want to watch the flowers as they fall to the ground. Second is Ramen. I am a fan of ramen and one of my favorite ramen houses that we have here in the Philippines is Ramenagi. I like how they create and cook the pasta. I also want to experience going to Japan; see the cherry blossom and eat Japanese foods like Ramen, california maki and sushi.
Activity: 15
A bunch of little yellow tinted people. 
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Mt. Fuji, Sakura, Bullet train, japan flag, Toilet bowl, sushi and Sumo.
Activity: 448
Merit: 251
Futurov
 japan is known for its various landmarks and dishes but what stands out the most is its Anime industry which is the first thing that pops into my mind when i hear the word japan. their stories are well written and the art of the animation is cute and that i think is the reason why people love it so much.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I come to mind a charming geisha, blooming sakura and hara-kiri Grin
Activity: 280
innovation, quality products.. I try to buy made in USA, Germany, or Japan when possible.
sakura, mount fuji, fukushima, sea food, sake, sushi, anime.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 267
Buy $BGL before it's too late!
1st thing that comes into my mind when we talk about japan is that, well developed country and the next thing is creativity and art.

Yeah me too. Also, the people follow discipline and up to now, many are still putting honor at a high regard. I think this is what makes japan a much respected country and what makes it at par with the rich countries from europe and america. A lot of respect for these people really Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: