Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you do during a panic attack? - page 3. (Read 1644 times)

Activity: 90
Merit: 0
Holding your breath for atleast 45 secs would do the trick...but if you have a girlfriend or a boyfriend you can invite him/her over so that you guys can makeout this because in the process of kissing the person you love you hold your breath for atleast  20secs so in this process your panick attack will reduce gradually. this is a very credible method for taming panic attack.
Activity: 33
Smoke weed  Grin

hahaha... I like your reply... But honestly, thats exactly what people should do... get yourself engaged in something different altogether not concerning the market
Activity: 154
Deep breath and focus on getting over the matter
Activity: 42
Merit: 1
xanax is good. but i use it only as last resort. as soon as i feal the panick kicks in i start breathing tehnic. there are various on internet. like breathe in for 8 seconds, hold for 4 and out for 7 idk now. if i remember corectly that "moves the brain out" of primal part fight flight of freeze. also i spread as much as i can. if you put your hands in the air in the V shape it increases confidence. some people do that before going on stage. basicaly i refuse to cluch into myself. i head its better to walk or run rather then go to bad, becouse brain thinks oh shit there is some danger we need to get the f out of here, so when you walk your brain gets the massage: we went away from danger. i also go away from noisy places and away from people, couse i get easyaly frustrated by noise (headphones or earplugs help here), definitely hate car noise. also i tend to go to disociative states, and think other people can see im not right in my head, so i avoide eye contact so noone would ask me anything. i live in noisy city, it helps to know the city well in sense, know places where you can "hide". i hide from people and from noise in for example: WC, parks, lonelyplaces, nature, dog parks, lybraries. my friend finds it helpful to awnser this in his head: name 3 tings you can hear right now, name 3 things you can feal/touch, name 3 tings you taste now, name 5 tings you see now.
Activity: 28
stay calm and think positively to avoid big problems Wink
Activity: 31
Just try to breath, go outside if possible
Activity: 11
I usually do is relax myself by breathing smoothly. Just deep inhale and exhale process. Then I assess the current situation.
Activity: 35
i used to be tense and talk to myself.
Activity: 34
Lie down and ask someone to sprinkle water over my face to cool myself.
Activity: 58
if there's is a panic attack first i will calm my self first then i will think what should i do.
Activity: 62
When I get something's not similar to the panic attack, I try to get to a warm place, pr ferably ky bathroom, some place there are no people. And just concentrate on the present, feel the moment, and let the attack pass
Activity: 68
Stop negative thinking by shouting the word "STOP!!!" really loud inside your head. By shouting the word "STOP" you are interrupting the emergency message that your brain is sending to your adrenal glands
Activity: 114
When I was in to the state of panic I then not trying to be calm and don’t haste took the decision.
Because if any of the state of panic usually mind often to bring emotion.
And I always pray in order to on god that can be overpowering in any circumstances.
Now I still learn to remain calm at the time is freaking out
Activity: 51
Try to sit down with my heads upright and reach out for water and start the fan at high.
Activity: 70
Not bothering about anything is the best way to avoid panic attacks.
Activity: 126
either take really deep breaths or cry it all out
Activity: 43
Keep calm. Because if you start thinking about the deaths and get more tensed then, that will be more harmfull for you.
Activity: 128
I am the type of person who is easy to panic and easy to stress. When I am nervous or panicked my hands and feet will usually feel cold, dry mouth, my stomach feels nauseous, heart palpitations and my body starts to vibrate. Usually when experiencing gejela like this I need a lot of water. In one swallow I can spend 2-3 bottles of mineral water, and after drinking enough water I will usually feel better.
Activity: 30
Keep calm and take action
Activity: 26
If you get more panic stricken during a panic attack then that would be the worst of worst.
Pages:
Jump to: