Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you do during a panic attack? - page 10. (Read 1644 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
December 04, 2017, 07:23:08 PM
It is a real mess, happened to me once or twice. In this case I take diazepam, but not too much, ask a doctor. And don't take it in other cases because it is addictive.
Activity: 166
Merit: 29
December 04, 2017, 05:02:26 PM
I'll find anything, like stone and hit the attacker... or, if there are many attacker, RUN!
Activity: 18
December 03, 2017, 04:37:50 PM
My therapist once tought me a good breathing technique: you should take one small breath and than breathe out as long as you can, repeat it as many times as necessory. The point is to take less oxygen than CO2 you breathe out.

It helps me. 
Activity: 140
December 03, 2017, 03:30:53 PM
Hi guys
Panic attacks are sudden periods of intense fear that may include palpitations, sweating, shaking, shortness of breath, numbness, or a feeling that something bad is going to happen. The maximum degree of symptoms occurs within minutes.Typically they last for about 30 minutes but the duration can vary from seconds to hours. There may be a fear of losing control or chest pain. Panic attacks themselves are not dangerous physically.Treatment of panic attacks should be directed at the underlying cause. In those with frequent attacks, counselling or medications may be used. Breathing training and muscle relaxation techniques may also help. Those affected are at a higher risk of suicide.
Activity: 95
Merit: 1
December 03, 2017, 03:13:00 PM
I know it's much easier said than done, but if you can try to get yourself calm, and reassure yourself that no matter what you're feeling, it's going to be okay, it will eventually be over.  Then, if you take long deep heavy breaths, slow, this should help amazingly.  I find lying on my back doing these breathing techniques are what helps me the most. 
Activity: 26
December 03, 2017, 01:41:57 PM
Just try to breath, go outside if possible
Activity: 225
Merit: 101
Presale is live!
December 03, 2017, 12:54:26 PM
Hyжнo пpилoжить вce ycилия для тoгo, чтoбы ycпoкoитьcя, пoнять, чтo пpoиcxoдящee c вaми бyдeт пpoдoлжaтьcя нeдoлгo и нe oпacнo для вaшeгo здopoвья.Кoнтpoлиpyйтe cвoe дыxaниe. Дeлaйтe глyбoкиe вдoxи.
Hyжнo пoпытaтьcя aбcтpaгиpoвaтьcя oт тoгo, чтo c вaми ceйчac твopитcя, зaнять ceбя oбъeктивными вeщaми. Haпpимep пocмoтpeть в oкнo, вcпoмнить имeнa poдcтвeнникoв.
Пoгoвopитe c нaxoдящимиcя пoблизocти людьми.
Пocтapaйтecь пoнять, cтpax пepeд чeм вызывaeт y вac пaникy.
Зaнимaйтecь тeм жe, чтo дeлaли дo нaчaлa пpиcтyпa. Ecли пpиcтyп нaчaлcя нoчью, нyжнo включить cвeт и yмытьcя xoлoднoй вoдoй.
Пocтapaйтecь yбeдить ceбя, чтo в тaкиx cлyчaяx нe yмиpaют, чтo вaм ничeгo нe гpoзит. Haдeюcь пoмoжeт.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
November 06, 2017, 07:26:36 AM
Stay relaxed try to keep quiet, close your eyes, yell and ponder what happened. Maybe you can wash your face. Keep your breath and stay calm. face everything that happens with prayer.
Activity: 253
Merit: 250
October 28, 2017, 07:14:37 PM
I had temperature and I had  salmonella and think what I did it was eating  a lot idk why in some kind of bad moment I eat and that is little relaxing me because I cant think about that thing and things are going more easy for me,there is a lot more less worry.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!
October 28, 2017, 07:07:47 PM
When having a panic attack you must have a mindset that you must calm down for starters. In a panic attack you must have control over your own body and mind whereas you can avoid doing things that can make it worse. Panic attacks are a serious case and you must not take very sudden action. In a more simpler language you should avoid doing anything.
Activity: 33
October 28, 2017, 08:48:33 AM
The first thing you need to do is to say no to all extra negativity in life you don't need. Don't go to forums filled with negative people and their horror stories. Life a normal life and seek help from  professionals who know what they are talking about. I don't necessarily mean a psychiatrist which may be constly but there is a lot of really good literature out there
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
October 28, 2017, 08:28:31 AM
I would easy up and find way out to get rid of this kinda situation.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
October 28, 2017, 06:37:25 AM
When you are under panic attack maybe you need to call a friend that is not under panic, so he/she can help you keep calm and talk about what is your problem. Having a friend in your side is also good.
Activity: 28
October 28, 2017, 06:11:01 AM
Fortunately I don't have often panic attacks, but when it happens, I use deep breathing and switch attention and concentrate on positive things, like nature or kittens  Smiley
Activity: 1
October 28, 2017, 04:56:38 AM
Like you i never was depressed and i was happy in general. i've had 3 very strong panic attacks through a ten year period. The last one which was the worst one, i can't even express with words how it felt.I even had several minor panic attacks days after.That week was awful.
It made me stop whatever i was doing at the time in my life, i went back to my homeplace and went through a period of refocus, balance and reevaluation of goals and life in general. Panic attacks are a strong message from you that something is very off.
It is a weird feeling when you do this and look back, it is like you just woke up and suddenly understand why your body reacted like this. I take it as a good thing, it means that in the back of your head you have an idea of what you want and where you want to be, but in the everyday life you go astray. Panic attacks, if you take the message, will get you back on your way.
'Its been a while since you posted, i hope you are good. But for longevity, food, exercise, meditation is what i found to be the solution. Every one of this has a huge impact in my life.
Activity: 1061
Merit: 502
RIP: S5, A faithful device long time
October 28, 2017, 04:38:10 AM
My workmate died heart attack on his home couple of years ago (Our restaurant chief)  Cry
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
October 28, 2017, 02:59:08 AM
For me, I just close my eyes and breathe slowly and pray. Try to refocus yourself and think of positive thoughts. Being with some you trust will also help especially if they know that you sometimes get panic attacks.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
October 28, 2017, 12:22:19 AM
I used to have a few short heartache from last month and had a serious panic attack I never had in my life.
It felt like I'm having a heart attack. I'm about to collapse, faint. I poured down some water on my head. Took long breaths, tried to sleep but the panic didn't stopped. It came for about an hour where are ran frantically from here and there taking long breaths.
I don't have anything to be depressed about but just had such attack first time in my life.
It was scary and the only feeling I got was I don't want to die.
Do anybody have the similar attacks? What should I do if I had it next time?
The important is you know what to do if you experience it again, ask your Dr. for first aid or you need to do if it happen again and be relax and calm your self to thinks carefully what you need to do to survive. Bacuase when you panic it will throw all your ideas and knowledge how to survive.  Kiss
Activity: 99
Merit: 1
October 28, 2017, 12:12:43 AM
Been there man, it's tough.  Like most are saying, just breath, you'll eventually get through it, and that's what you need to keep telling yourself, that it'll eventually be over.  It sounds like rubbish, but, when it's happening, to know that it will eventually end sometimes brings me relief.  Good luck!
Activity: 1204
Merit: 104
October 27, 2017, 04:14:52 PM
I have never experienced an anxiety attack but when I am stressed or feel nervous/anxious, I take 4 very deep and long breaths. I then try to calm my mind and think about something that makes me genuinely happy.
The fact is that you need to know first what your problem is and why you have panic attacks. You probably need to start by trying to solve those problems and remove the source that radiates a panic.
Pages:
Jump to: