Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you do when you are over 50% lose on your trades? - page 10. (Read 1327 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 101
I think that the best way out of this situation will be to do nothing and wait for the market to recover. If you do something now, you can lose a lot more money.  Undecided
Activity: 70
Merit: 1
There's nothing much that you can do about that, you need to be rational about choosing to hold it or sell it already. That's why it is essential to really know the coin you're investing in and to keep yourself posted. What you can do next time is to set an acceptable percentage of loss for your investments or choose a more stable coin. But There's still a chance for you go get profit if you hold.
Activity: 133
Merit: 10
Blockchain with solar energy
I would just hold if I am the one in that situation specially if that 50% of my investment lost in trades are huge. I suggest you refrain from short term trading and wait for your investment to gain profit atleast regaining what you have lost from your previous trades. All you need is patient and a realistic goal for your investments before selling them.
copper member
Activity: 630
Merit: 420
We are Bitcoin!
Today I moved these coins (except music and VTC) to my hardware wallet means I am going to hold these coins for long term.
Activity: 154
Merit: 11
Dare to invest means dare to take risks.
The situation you are experiencing now means you are having bad luck.
Your actions are right with keep in holding them, I will also do the same.
Wait until the value back up, at least exceeded a little of the amount of funds that you spend, after that it is up to you, whether to sell or re still hold if you want to get big profit.

I agree with your overall sentiment, but this piece of advice shouldn't mean that you should be patient forever even if all your coins are in the red. You should keep checking whether something is wrong with your portfolio, check the news, check the graphs and indicators; and if it looks like your portfolio is not going to recover, you should cut your losses and invest in other coins.

The price of your coins is not going to start increasing magically, so you have to make sure (as much as possible) that they are going to rise again. Otherwise, you may hodl forever coins that are going to keep falling and become worthless in the end.
Activity: 233
Merit: 106
The Operating System for DAOs
Honestly it sucks to lose but being stubborn doesn't help your cause either. And it does suck to admit which of your bags isn't as good as the others but you gotta look at the situation honestly. That is the only way you are getting out of this in the best shape. If some of your bags are no good get rid of them now before they become bigger losers and also not every bag can be a mooning bag you know so just keep that in mind don't get your expectations too high. And yes I have sold a coin a -50% before and it was the best decision I made on that coin.
Activity: 364
When you are working on the stock exchange, you always need to use your own trading system. If you work without the system, but only by feeling, then in one day you can lose everything. It's my opinion.
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
I would still hold them, 50% loss would be too great for me and I wouldn't want to conclude it that way since there are still potential for market to change and will only cut my loss if by some chance that I would need extra money. But as for that situation it would be best to just hold and wait these months are usually bound to have very low value among cryptos but it will eventually go up in no time.
Activity: 37
yeah just stop following their movement right now because it will just give you unneeded stress. most of the coins are undergoing correction and it looks to be almost over. trx expecially may climb up soon so don't worry, just forget about them and remember, even the millionaires from bitcoin had to wait 7 years.
Activity: 160
I strongly suggest be strong.! Be is always the principles of strong people who can manage their life in struggles and challenges. If you have your coin with you just what I said be strong to hold it. Avoid always watching the price every moment it make you sick I guess. Maybe everything will be well with you in a few days.
Activity: 392
Merit: 12
The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi
You should be patient.  I'm sure you were told such a thing millions of times.  Calm down and wait.  The situation is going to change for the best. If the sum you have spent on those coins was all you have,  I'd recommend you not to take such risks in future. Invest no more than 30 % of how much you have.
Activity: 924
Merit: 12
About utk for sure you have to hold your coins...i am sure that utk will hit the 1$ and more again,remember that utk is not listed in any magor exchange
Activity: 98
Activity: 32
You said it, just holding and not selling it when it's low.
You bought them when market was in very green color.
Activity: 532
Merit: 102
Dare to invest means dare to take risks.
The situation you are experiencing now means you are having bad luck.
Your actions are right with keep in holding them, I will also do the same.
Wait until the value back up, at least exceeded a little of the amount of funds that you spend, after that it is up to you, whether to sell or re still hold if you want to get big profit.
Activity: 294
Vertex.Market, the World's First ICO Aftermarket
If you are trading with cryptocurrencies, you must be ready for every kind of results. You shouldn't trade with the amounts which can bring you economical crysis. Try to learn from your trade history and continue or just quit.
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
Holding it wont hurt your ass,but selling these coins in panic will give you a lot of headache,i personally holding a lot of coins because i am one of those people who got FOMO after some hype but then when i bought these coins the price were dropped down to 50% from the price where i bought these.We have no choice but to hold it for sometime unless you are stupid enough to sell them in panic,you can lose everything.
Activity: 466
Merit: 100
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
Im experiencing the same thing, just hold those coins and move onto some other ones. ones that have better gain potential. even dead coins sometimes surprises traders when they eventually pump to even up to x50 or more. crypto is a crazy world.
not only you friends, it also happened to me, when I lost more than 50% in trading I feel very desperate and try to decide to sell my coins because of limited funds. but what happens next is a deeper regret that after 24 hours I sold, the coin pumped up to more than 100% and it makes me very sorry, so from now on when I am already in a losing position in the trade then I will continue to hold coin me though in a long time.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
Hold your coins, the dip you see now is temporal the price will normalize and you will not regret for holding them.
Activity: 154
Sapien.Network-Beta Platform is Live
As for the recent value of those coins, I agree with most here which is to HOLD. Soon when developments are up on those coins, they will gain value. You now have the option top continue investing on other promising coins or not. As for me, I got thesame fate as yours. Now i stopped putting in me. I am now focusing on bounties to gain momentarily what i have lost.
Pages:
Jump to: