Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you do when you are over 50% lose on your trades? - page 11. (Read 1327 times)

Activity: 54
Merit: 29
Best thing you can do is just forget about it.

Other option of you have more capital, buy at the lower price.

You are already ahead of the curve, if you are not panic selling your coins.

Activity: 224
Merit: 11
This is a huge lose and its gonna be hard to just set it aside and not think about it. However, in this sotuation, i guess setting it aside and not thinking about it the best thing that you should do; get your mind off of it. As with your remaining coins, hodl them; give them about a year or two and just check on them every week or so. Eventually, those coins will grow in value. This situation is truly stressful but you have to remember that values won't keep on going down, it will also rise or imcrease. It is just a matter of time.
Activity: 303
Merit: 100
POS / PRIMENODES
I think it is best of you stop thinking for a while. Do not check it every hour or even every day. Give yourself a little rest and let it grow. Log in in a week and see the difference, than do another week. Soon the correction will be over and the prices will move upward.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 325
Activity: 135
Merit: 10

the only solution and you stop looking at the coins all the time, and forget about them, and wait for them to return, now invest in other currencies, and when your loss returns you sell it.

Activity: 48
Merit: 0
just forget about the coins and hold until they hit back your price, focus on other coins and ico and do other stuffs.

I would add - buy the dips. Once you get paid from job or w/e.
I agree. If you believe in the coins, buy on the dips and lower your average buy price.  Then when it rises, you'll be in the green much faster and calm your nerves.  Again only buy the dips if you like the coins. Don't blindly buy on the dips or you'll end up with bigger loses. This is your chance to DYOR if you didn't before since you got no more money to buy. I practrice what I preach by the way  Grin . Good Luck
Activity: 126
You are probably just trading with your gut instincts, which will get you slaughtered every time. You need to make smart predictions based on facts and sound investment strategy or you need to get very good at math and trust the math. Size your positions based on their risk. Don't tell yourself you are genius when things are going great or you will make mistakes.
Activity: 42
Some solid replies on here. Speaking from experience, it is best you hold. Things will turnaround in due time and you will either get back your initial investement or some profits. Best you focus on other projects for the time being and completely forget about crypto for now. I know it isnt easy but you have to set your mind to something else and revisit your coins later on.
Activity: 95
just like a few weeks ago because of Korean and China issued regulation to banned all exchange trade cryptocurrency, all of trader have lose a lot. At that moment I watch the chart how I will take action Hold or Cut Off, after take some analysis, I decided to Cut Off some of my asset about 45% before it going down deep. Cause my analysis the rebound will take longer than usually, maybe more than a months to recover.
Activity: 392
Getting into similar situations is the norm, for such a playing market as crypto-currencies. Personally, I'm playing for the money that is ready to lose irrevocably, for this drawdown, even 50% of me do not worry. Practice shows that growth will be inevitable. Just need to wait ...
Activity: 167
Merit: 11
Activity: 108
If that type of situation arrives, when you keep loosing, you should stop trading for that sessions. You have to calm down, cool your nerves. Trying to stay relax. Because when we loose, we become ferocious! We try to recover our loss. In that time more loss happens. So the best choice is to quit for a moment. Check out the market and make another plan. You can hold for a days and observe the market. Soon it will goes towards your target. So being patient is the main thing.
Activity: 32
Merit: 2
Many of us have been to the very same place, as you can see from all of the feedback here.   I was there briefly in July last year but I held and just kept reading / researching about projects and eventually some projects that were down one month, shot up 3-8X a month later (at which point, I sold my initial position and have let the house money ride ever since as I'm playing the long game with crypto).    There are more and more people around the world noticing the space and what is going on every single day.   Crypto is set to explode in 2018, so just hold if you're able to stomach it, take a small break from it if needed but once you step back in, make sure you build a strategy on building that portfolio til it's... up, up and away!
Activity: 882
Merit: 251
Actually I see the only one way out here: just stop trading for awhile and hold your coins. Sooner or later many of them will go up, and you will get at least some profit. Do not get rid of these alts and pay more attention to the rates progress of all altcoins.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 250
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
You log off your PC, and enjoy your life without crypto.

Seriously.

Maybe check CMC once a week and you will eventually be in the green - it could take a week or a year.

Yeah i think so, i have fall too, lose on my investment and then i just let it there not seeing my lose portfolio very often and care too much about what i have lose, i tried more focus what will benefit and prospect on the future like doing life stuff and make money to invest in another interesting project. i think you just let it sleep for 3 to 6 months before you begin to check.
so does it include making you traumatized trading bro? I think you should try to learn your experience and try to bounce back with minimal capital for maximum results and you can try to get profit again. because your hard work will get profit.
Activity: 490
When i will get over 50% lose on my trade then i will try to hold my coins rather than selling them at lesser prices. I will wait for the right time till my coin will get back their positions.
Activity: 448
In such moments it is better not to panic and not to jump to conclusions , because in a panic, unable to sell ,but now is not the best situation on the market , so waiting for sunrise is about somewhere in late February
Activity: 226
🤖UBEX.COM 🤖
I try not to go in at all and not to look at the results on the days of drawdown. I try to have a better rest and spend time with my family, it helps me to break from bad thoughts
Activity: 1000
Merit: 279
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
A lot of people here are saying that you shouldn't sell whilst being 50% under, however a good trader knows when to cut their losses. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, if you're losing most of the time, you must be doing something wrong. If a coin is genuinely dead, then you should exit your position as the situation will only get worse. For now, I would research the public consensus regarding those coins, and see if opinions are mostly negative, if so, get out and cut your losses now. You still have the opportunity to make it back on other cryptos later.
Activity: 378
If you want  to never lose in your trades then don’t go with ICO’s because now a day’s, many ICO’s are listing below there ICO price and you don’t get any profit if they list below  there initial price. Do your research and then buy good quality alt coins which are already listed and proved.
Pages:
Jump to: