Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you do when you are over 50% lose on your trades? - page 13. (Read 1327 times)

Activity: 359
Merit: 101
Talking about lose, it directly feel worried.
Yups. Usually i make calculation before trading.
How much should i buy and how much will i get the profite.
And of course make a sure prediction. Even sometimes the prediction was wring Cheesy
It means it"s not my lucky time.
And the important thing is, i will not trade a lot of money when i feel doubt.
Yes, i won't do it. Because you know that when i lose, i am difficult to sleep and alway think about that.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
the same thing happened with me last month when was the whole market at depth situation so i had no choice but holding those coins and wait for the right moment and i have to tell to wait it will recover just need more time like it recovered with my holding and sold for on a bitcoin profit so just be patient and best of luck   
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
Why do newbs have such mindset "never sell their coin when it's in negative"?

You know your negatively performing coins are not going to recover because they failed at the most fundamental level,
they are meant to be just a pump and dump coin, not selling your loss just because they're in lost and hoping for a recovery is plain stupid.

You don't sell something only if you believe they are a good project from the fundamental level but experience a temporary fluctuation.

You should start from learning, then reconsider your investment strategy, here's a blog post that I share a portfolio that I believe is best for the average investor.
Activity: 406
I have to wait to recover as this market have huge volatility and it gives opportunities in both sides. If i am in losses, i have to wait for the market to cool down and start moving in upward direction and then decide to sell.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
There will be losses.  Yoy are definitely not alone.  If you want to protect yourself better you can always set a 10% stop loss from your initial buy on the exchanges. Stick with a strategy. Trade or invest!
Activity: 2394
Merit: 586
HODL!  Hopefully you didn't invest more than you could afford to lose and don't need the funds anytime too soon.
Activity: 90
if you in this dip, then hold, but really you got to know when to close your trade
for example, if you close in -10%, and rate goes down 40% more and you buy the dip, even if it recovers just 20% you are already in profit
Activity: 68
Sorry for your lost money. Just take it easy my friend. You have two option (1) hold your current portfolio or  (2) accept that lost the trade and execute cut loss strategy. The first one 50% lost on portfolio can be reverse for many years if you want to hold your portfolio. If execute the 2nd strategy accept the lost and trade better next time the probability that you can earn is better. I would choose cut lost, but the next trade just make sure you make adjustment on your strategy. Study harder on trading specifically technical and fundamental analysis. Set also on how much lost you can afford (set your cutloss and follow it religiously)
Activity: 742
Merit: 144
The first thing I do when this happens is to try to relax and not get carried away by the complaints, then I try to understand what I did wrong, if i missed the train, did not know the right time of entry or exit, i try to readjust my goals and visions. Wait and accept the flexibility of the market this is the tip.

This happened to me so many times, I feel broke of course at the first time but since I am a person who not give up easily I tried to figure it out what was wrong on my trading decision, and it all happened because of lack of knowledge and experience. Sometimes we need to experience this for us to learn and keep ourselves to push further, just keep in your mind that this is not the end of your journey there will always tomorrow better get your ass up and do better next time.
Activity: 246
Merit: 1
I had a similar situation when, after problems on the exchange, the BTS-e froze half of the etherium. Already passed more than six months, but this amount I never returned ((
But there was more motivation to increase the remaining half and I did it!
Activity: 336
Merit: 106
Cutting a 50% loss is too much.. Instead, just forget about that trade and focus on another opportunity for now.. You can check on it from time to time in case price has improved.
Bouncing back from 50% loss is not impossible in crypto market trading world, you can clearly see that some coins rebat with 100% gain on its price based on my little experience on trading, I'm not that good or expert with this kind of trading but I manage to witness some coins pumps over 100+ percent like bitcoin and eth over a short period of time. Holding the right coin is the key for you to cover all the loss of 50% because if you manage to hold some useless coins from PD and scammer groups then you may have to shift to another genuine crypto.

Yes, not all coins that have over 50% would mean that it is a shitcoin. With this kind of market and considering the nature of altcoins, it's quite possible to recover from that. You may be surprised by how fast the market moves.

My suggestion to OP if he really is determined to hold for long term is to avoid letting his emotions get to him. A 50% loss is huge, and he may resort to panic selling if he ever he suddenly feels depressed and the need to cut his losses. Just continue to hodling if you truly believe that this coin is worth for long term investment.
Activity: 866
Merit: 1001
What you could do is that you could buy the same coins more if their prices fall more so that you could adjust your losses when their prices increase once again. But what should be considered is to see that whether the coins you have invested are worth full or not.
Activity: 253
The first thing I do when this happens is to try to relax and not get carried away by the complaints, then I try to understand what I did wrong, if i missed the train, did not know the right time of entry or exit, i try to readjust my goals and visions. Wait and accept the flexibility of the market this is the tip.

Activity: 378
Why do you call it loss? After all, you have not sold these coins yet and have not recorded any losses. You need to be patient and wait until the market recovers. And then you will make a profit.
Activity: 336

It remains to wait and watch the market. I myself have some coins from your list, but I do not worry. I work with the bounty to close the plus positions and move on.
Activity: 13
Just try to find why it dropped, maybe it's just some random speculation, or something more serious.
Then analyse it, see if what made you buy the coin still there, if the answer is yes, keep it, otherwise, sell it.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
don't worry about your losses because every newcomer is experiencing the same thing.

the master word in this situation is "HODL" and spend only what you can afford to lose.
I wouldn't worry also, the prices are only a short view on what is going on in crypto. Most altcoins have prices that recover.
Activity: 224
don't worry about your losses because every newcomer is experiencing the same thing.

the master word in this situation is "HODL" and spend only what you can afford to lose.
Activity: 2086
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
I have seen your coins list you have invested mostly in high supply coins. But still I would advice you to hold it. It is no use to book loss now holding would be the best option because we never know when these coins will rise again so holding can be fruitful. If I were you I would hold or I will buy more coin at dip because it can help me to reduce the buying price average So that when market will rise again I can easily recover my loss.
Activity: 126
just wait.. The market it down for everyone. If you are down on a trade just wait until it goes up. There is nothing else to do at that point. I never understood why people would sell at a loss. You lose what you can potentially make later. If they are good coins they will come back up.
Pages:
Jump to: