Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you do when you are over 50% lose on your trades? - page 12. (Read 1327 times)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
If I have that kind of portfolio I will narrow it down to 2-5 atlcoins. This is to make sure that I can monitor any progress in the market. Losing 50% on one coins is very hard to recover. It will take you a lot of time to recover. That's why the second strategy you should do is set cutloss for your portfolio. Based on my experience my maximum loss tolerance is only 30% if one of my account reach 30% loss and the technical and fundamentals reflects is still downtrend I will execute my cutloss strategy.
Activity: 238
Merit: 101
ICO reviews through objective analysis
It's always smart to check ICO reviews & ratings before investing.

www.cryptorated.com

Is a good start. It shows popular ICOs, market trends, coin analysis.

Check the ICO Review pipeline for the top most popular ICOs

https://cryptorated.com/ico-request-pipeline/

Good luck!
Activity: 43
if you are a trader you should cut loss long before 50%. If you are a holder, ok, go back and have a sleep and find something else to do!
Activity: 381
Merit: 100
You log off your PC, and enjoy your life without crypto.

Seriously.

Maybe check CMC once a week and you will eventually be in the green - it could take a week or a year.

Yeah i think so, i have fall too, lose on my investment and then i just let it there not seeing my lose portfolio very often and care too much about what i have lose, i tried more focus what will benefit and prospect on the future like doing life stuff and make money to invest in another interesting project. i think you just let it sleep for 3 to 6 months before you begin to check.
Activity: 840
Merit: 128
It seems you are not made for the trading. It doesn't matter I am not made for trading too. You may be good as a holder.
If you lost the half of your money, I would advise you to invest the rest in some good crypto coins and forget everything for some months. Don't check the prices daily. The crypto market is in short-term volatile but in long-term it gives back big profits.
Don't forget to make some investigation before investing your money.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
Activity: 1610
Merit: 507
Activity: 924
Merit: 260
Activity: 1540
Merit: 500
Activity: 602
Merit: 101
Well, from the very beginning, I would probably get drunk, well, the next day I would probably start to worry, but not with such a heavy heart, because yesterday there was a party. In a few days, I would probably still have studied the reason why I lost so much money, and then I would continue to work on the exchange
Activity: 700
Merit: 553
i prepared very strong espresso, and close all my screens and all devices, disconnect from cryptoworld and say hello to the world Smiley fisihing,swimming,movie,theatre are other alternatives Smiley c'mon guys it is the truth of the market, just stay tuned and hodl.
Activity: 616
Merit: 102
You are an investor, right? So don't sell and just hold it for a year or more. Don't let your emotion affect your investing strategy. According to what I had read in the internet feed. January is the worst month for crytomarket while August is worst for stockmarket. It will surely recover in a few months.  Thus JUst HODL.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Blockchain Identity Verification
The main thing is not to sell altcoyins in a drawdown, and keep them until the price again grows! And anyway, when I buy altcoins, and they grow in value, I always sell not all coins, but only some part of them, since they can grow even more!
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
the only thing that remains is to wait. the course will be restored, it is only a matter of time. because everything is just beginning. Although, I do not venture to trade, I only invest in ico and prospective projects, it also gives its profit, but it takes less time and nerves.
Activity: 399
Merit: 16
I would do research why there is a big price drop. Knowing the reasons could help in analyzing the price trend.  There are so many factors that could result to a downfall.  Others are temporary and there are those that could result to its burning.  A review of the roadmaps are quite helpful too.  Sometimes there are golds at the end of a rainbow if you just follow.  A saying that holds true to some crypto that are considered as tarnish shit but solid gold inside.
Activity: 15
If you are a 5-10% loss you can consider a cut and run if you feel it may tank further, but I feel once you are beyond that you need to just settle in for a bag hold unless its an obvious pajeet coin.
Activity: 611
Merit: 124
Happened to me the first time I traded, because I didn't do the homework before investing.
Activity: 504
Merit: 16
I had stick in this situation on Jun lat year, but In made pending order for each coin at the price that i was willing to sale, and I borrow from a friend his extra satoshies  and  I got through some ICOs, and on the mid of  December 2017, all pending orders  hit the target prices and got executed!

I think it was wise decision from my side.
Activity: 686
Merit: 39
There's nothing you can do except hodling it until the price bouncing back. That's why i've never trade more than i can afford to lose. I always split my capital in case the price keeps dipping. I already bought more altcoins at the last "red waves" and take a rest until the price recovered and pump again. I'm sure if there's an improvement to the project, the price will pump again even more than you expected.
Pages:
Jump to: