Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you do when your coin spikes? - page 7. (Read 3329 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 250
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
February 16, 2019, 02:38:28 PM
I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?
I just keep hodling. Because I'm not a trader and all my attempts to make money on speculation ended in loss of money)
Ucy
Activity: 2632
Merit: 403
Bisq is a Bitcoin Fiat Dex. Use responsibly
February 16, 2019, 01:52:43 PM
I usually hit the buy/sell button whenever there is a big movement . Greed can be your enemy in this situation, this is why it is important to buy or sell bit by bit.  Any major movement should be an opportunity to buy or sell, whether it is a steadey one sided movement. A steady downward movement for example requires that you  buy all the major dips to sell bit by bit in a steady uptrend
copper member
Activity: 409
Merit: 0
February 16, 2019, 01:38:10 PM
If there is a jump, I will sell partially, and for other parts I will hold it and to wait if the price is higher then I can get more profit. And because of unexpected price conditions, I never sold everything.
Activity: 784
Merit: 135
DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization
February 16, 2019, 01:35:03 PM
I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?
I will probably wait for the coin to rise further and base from, this is not a good strategy. This is being greedy and this is not a good trait, you could end up losing those golden opportunity.
Activity: 1246
February 16, 2019, 01:34:44 PM
I'm more of a long term holder and the only coins I posses are bitcoin, eth and exrn so short term spikes don't affect me. Though if I were in a position where I could liquidate my assets without this idea, I'd probably sell them of and just wait for the right opportunity to buy back at the dip. Of course there's the risk of it pumping after selling but there's no point in sulking since i have no hindsight information to begin with.
your method is very difficult to do because no one will know when bitcoin prices can touch at the base price or low price and no one will know the bitcoin price movements will fall or rise, so take the risks and buy coins as much as possible when the price falls.
Activity: 658
Merit: 13
February 16, 2019, 01:29:22 PM
I usually don't waste time to sell once I get information of such sudden rise in a coin I am holding. The wise thing will always be to sell and buy back again at low price.

yes you really better sell before it's too late. holding on will only make you regret later. the price will not be forever, what else is caused by the pump. so sooner or later it will definitely be a dump. selling is the best choice if you find a situation like this.
Activity: 686
Merit: 11
February 16, 2019, 01:17:47 PM
I'm trying to sell to buy back cheaper. This is not always possible, because I use limit orders for sell. I have accumulated a lot of assets, can not track everything. CMC provides information with a delay.
Activity: 2100
Merit: 174
February 16, 2019, 12:49:13 PM
I'm more of a long term holder and the only coins I posses are bitcoin, eth and exrn so short term spikes don't affect me. Though if I were in a position where I could liquidate my assets without this idea, I'd probably sell them of and just wait for the right opportunity to buy back at the dip. Of course there's the risk of it pumping after selling but there's no point in sulking since i have no hindsight information to begin with.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
February 16, 2019, 12:31:11 PM
My reaction is generally similar to that of other people. The fact is that many people start selling when prices are just starting to rise, then there is a state of greed and other people are waiting. I sell it at these moments.

The nature of wanting to get more things will occur in the human brain so that all greed will be felt by others. So it's best to use the opportunity to make good profits for you.
Activity: 476
Merit: 10
February 16, 2019, 12:12:21 PM
The price of coins rises, of course, I will sell coins because this will be a good opportunity to profit. And when the price of coins decreases, I will not immediately buy it and I better glance at other coins. And when the coin decreases we will wait a long time for the price to rise again.
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
February 16, 2019, 11:57:24 AM
My reaction is generally similar to that of other people. The fact is that many people start selling when prices are just starting to rise, then there is a state of greed and other people are waiting. I sell it at these moments.
Activity: 561
February 16, 2019, 11:50:47 AM
I am gonna sell and buy back again at the low price. Atleast I got myself a profit and I will be able to buy the same amount of token again or maybe a little bit more. You should be wise in buy and selling to keep up the profit.
Activity: 238
Merit: 2
February 16, 2019, 11:30:10 AM
I usually don't waste time to sell once I get information of such sudden rise in a coin I am holding. The wise thing will always be to sell and buy back again at low price.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 258
1xbit.com
February 16, 2019, 11:24:08 AM
of course to sell because it's an opportunity I can benefit from a year the market has experienced a drastic decline. so never miss a good opportunity if you don't want to regret it later
Activity: 1372
Merit: 252
February 16, 2019, 10:48:25 AM
I will personally choose to sell it when I have benefited from the coin or at least the income I get is enough to cover expenses, because I used to choose to hold back because I believe the price will fall but the next day what happens is not what which I believe and that makes me regret.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026
SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files
February 16, 2019, 10:44:01 AM
I will sell at once. And hope major correction will occur. Then I will rebuy atleast same amount I just have sold. This way I will have same amount of tokens with some profit. Everyone thinks like me and like everyone I miss the peak to sell and again miss the lowest point to re-enter or fail to buy at lowest point. There are very few who bought BTC at 1k and sold at 20k.
Activity: 255
Merit: 1
February 16, 2019, 10:36:18 AM

If your not a greedy investor or you are not hodling for long term, its best to sell and not have regrets later because some of this tokens can go to their ATH and never return to that point once the fall. So, taken advantage of any opportunity you see in crypto
copper member
Activity: 68
Merit: 0
February 16, 2019, 10:27:43 AM
it all depends on the initial strategy if we intend to long term then we will not sell it even if it goes up or down.
but if that happens when we trade a rise of 30 is a very extraordinary thing then of course we will sell it.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145
February 16, 2019, 10:12:16 AM
most crypto trading is buying at a cheap price / dump, and selling at a high price / pump. so when the pump price is 30% of the purchase price, it will be sold. and will buy back at a low price. and that must be done. unless you are a long-term investment.
Activity: 1258
Merit: 104
February 16, 2019, 10:07:19 AM
of course I will sell because it's a good opportunity and never leave it if you don't want to regret later. because of luck it won't come twice here
Pages:
Jump to: