Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you do when your coin spikes? - page 8. (Read 3329 times)

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107
February 16, 2019, 09:52:33 AM
I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?
For me it depends on how deep the spike that you talking about if its profitable enough  i will sell some of it in order to gain liquidity and acquired another coins/token and speculate again for more bigger profit in the long run thats my simple hodling strategy.
Activity: 574
Merit: 139
February 16, 2019, 08:49:15 AM
30% is huge profit, I would sell it even if it reaches lower spike.
What is important here, don't be greedy, be happy with less, waiting for too long and for higher profit might lead to loss of earnings and investment and yo will have to wait new spike to recover your investment and it might not happen again.
Activity: 280
Merit: 11
February 16, 2019, 04:05:24 AM
Definitely when a coin you hodl moon, you will consider taking profit out of it and then buy back at the bottom if possible later except you are sure that the growth will continue,that is exactly what i will do.
Activity: 966
Merit: 500
February 16, 2019, 03:59:52 AM
I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?
If I know that the price of this altcoin is more than 30%, I will not hesitate to sell it. When the price falls back, I will buy it again, so that I can earn more tokens.
copper member
Activity: 657
Merit: 1
February 15, 2019, 12:28:20 PM
To be sincere if it's a massive spike, the first thing I'll do is to check my TA, and also know why the coin is spiking. Then probably sell say 50% because the market always experience a retrace after a massive uptrend. If the spike is not that much, then I'll sell just some, because there might be a potential for more uptrend.
Activity: 910
Merit: 12
February 15, 2019, 12:09:54 PM
I've set a maximum value for each coin that I keep for investment. And when this coins reached the maximum price, I'm selling a large portion of this coin and I continur the hold the remaining amount. I'm buying from another coin for re-investment.
Activity: 602
Merit: 2
February 15, 2019, 12:06:22 PM
as you say. indeed, as the market increases, we must use it well. because the opportunity did not come for the second time. so when prices increase, we will immediately sell the coins that we have, and that all happens not only me. but there are still many people who will do that

We will sell our coins to get some profit for ourselves. Why then invest or hunt. You're right. When the market stabilizes, many will sell their tokens from hunting.
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
February 15, 2019, 11:55:27 AM
as you say. indeed, as the market increases, we must use it well. because the opportunity did not come for the second time. so when prices increase, we will immediately sell the coins that we have, and that all happens not only me. but there are still many people who will do that
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
February 15, 2019, 11:52:10 AM
If the price of my coins  spike , I will sell it immediately , why ? because I and most of people here come to the cryptocurrency market because of the  profit . If I do not sell it, I think I've miss a chance
If aiming for short term trade spikes needs to be used for your favor, like what you have said, opportunity who knocks on your door so taking it right away is the best option, better to be realistic and act faster, remember that inside the market wise people always wins.

For long term goal, buy low and sell high can be performed with some spike of the price, it's also an opportunitie to accumulate more after selling it with the higher value, placing and order to a much cheaper price will help you to hold more.
copper member
Activity: 150
Merit: 0
February 15, 2019, 11:46:08 AM
I don't really rush into selling because I may be selling the bottom. I rather make an informed decision by quickly checking if there are news responsible for the spikes before selling
Activity: 966
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
February 15, 2019, 11:30:49 AM
I think everyone has their own strategies. I personally will choose to sell the coins that I have if I have benefited from them or sometimes I will choose to sell them in part and keep holding them in part, because sometimes when we choose to hold it and hope the price will increase but what happens is not according to our estimates .
Activity: 602
Merit: 101
February 15, 2019, 10:56:15 AM
I sell. Yes, of course I sell them. And if I see that the project is really very cool, then I buy these tokens later, when the prices are much lower than the prices at which I sold my coins. This is a market.
Activity: 142
Merit: 10
February 15, 2019, 10:53:58 AM
If the price of my coins  spike , I will sell it immediately , why ? because I and most of people here come to the cryptocurrency market because of the  profit . If I do not sell it, I think I've miss a chance
Activity: 350
Merit: 11
November 10, 2018, 08:01:22 AM
The best thing to do when the coin spikes is to take your coin into consideration and make sure that you are checking if you will be making any profit from actually selling the coins, but if it is not at a point where you can actually sell the coin and make a good profit from it then you just have to wait a bit longer until the coin gets back to a point where you can make money from it
Activity: 296
November 06, 2018, 07:25:10 AM
I do not understand the implication of this question, but if there is a day like that I will have two more decisions: one is waiting for it to rise, then I wait for it to raise the highest price then sell  Grin, and two I sell it away, do not waste time for me Undecided.
copper member
Activity: 84
Custom Contract Network (CCN)
November 06, 2018, 07:25:06 AM
I always sell when the coins am holding spikes in price, unless the price spike is less than my buy price, then I would keep holding, I buy most of my tokens for profit and once I see that profit, I sell them off.. but normally it it's a valuable coin, I usually wait for the price to fall again and then I buy the dip and keep the profit I made.
copper member
Activity: 112
Velic Ecosystem
November 06, 2018, 07:17:20 AM
I always have a set target for every coin am.holfing, if it doesn't hit that target, I keep holding, but holding is a word I use loosely because I do not just hold tokens in a wallet, I keep swing trading it to increase the number of tokens, basically riding the dips and pumps.
Activity: 154
November 06, 2018, 07:13:12 AM
As for me, it is better to sell it and then try to buy again. Of course there are such moments when you are trying to buy for the same amount you sold))
Activity: 98
Merit: 2
November 05, 2018, 11:35:31 AM
I generally take my initial investment out when any of my holding coins more then 30-40% and hold the rest and buy again if it comes down.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
November 05, 2018, 11:19:44 AM
It depends on how high the spike is. If the price already reach the target then I sell my coins if not then hold. I only go for long term if the coin has a good roadmap  but if not I usually go for buy low sell high.
Pages:
Jump to: