Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you do when your coin spikes? - page 9. (Read 3329 times)

Activity: 226
Merit: 10
October 25, 2018, 06:05:17 AM
I'm not a greedy person and so if the price of coins has significantly increased, then I sell the coins and wait for the price to fall again.
Yes, if we encountered bull run market I rather not to greedy selling my coin and my strategy is to hold for a couple of months or year until it will explodes again in higher prices, for now I rather to buy more cheaper coins.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
September 21, 2018, 07:07:43 PM
Roll Eyes Well its depends on you... and it also depends on how much its spike out if I think the value is enough then I go for it but if not then I keep holding it..but sometimes when you thought is already been good there comes another spike but sometimes its the opposite of what you expect...I guess it is matter of timing and good condition of cryptocurrency.

For my own opinion if my coins will spikes and meet my expectation price then I have no doubt to sell it for us to gain profit, rather than waiting for another chances of spikes that not really sure how big it is and when will be the exact time that it will be happen. So it is a matter of your own decision, to wait or to grab!
Activity: 1232
Merit: 143
September 21, 2018, 07:06:37 PM
I do what everyone else does, sells hold the coin down and repurchases again. This question is a bit obvious.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
September 21, 2018, 07:02:58 PM
I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?
I really think there is a correct answer, and the correct answer to that is to watch that coin very closely, when that happens you could be tempted to sell as soon as possible and claim your profits but you could be missing a huge bull run and you do not want to do that, so when you see your coins spiking that way you need to concentrate all your efforts in that coin, so you can maximize your profits.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
September 21, 2018, 12:32:26 AM
 Roll Eyes Well its depends on you... and it also depends on how much its spike out if I think the value is enough then I go for it but if not then I keep holding it..but sometimes when you thought is already been good there comes another spike but sometimes its the opposite of what you expect...I guess it is matter of timing and good condition of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
September 21, 2018, 12:13:28 AM
Personally, I adhere to a strict strategy and sell my coins only when they have risen above 50% of the original value.
I was also because that was the strategy I used too, the important thing is to sell the coin to get that profit was grateful even though the coin that I held experienced an increase of only a few percent
bce
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
September 21, 2018, 12:10:49 AM
Suddenly increase 30% value not a big thing in cryptocurrency investment, so I won't do anything, if my holding coin suddenly increase at least 200% of total value, then I'll sold 50% of my total holding and buy back when price fall back again
in my opinion you are an investor who is good at taking advantage of opportunities and reading situations and situations, indeed investing in crypto currencies requires thinking in making decisions in investing
Activity: 770
Merit: 101
fLibero.financial
September 20, 2018, 11:57:42 PM
Well, for some people, thirty percent jump is something and they most likely going to sell and get profit. But some others, thirty percent does not justify their effort and they are likely going to ignore and wait for better valuation.
Activity: 154
September 20, 2018, 11:49:34 PM
For a trader it'll be lots advantage, buy and selling will be precise, for holder, it'll also be desirable choice. but as for me if coin am protecting leap, will should exchange it to both bitcoin or ethereum. because those are two coin that dictate price increase for all different cash.
Activity: 298
Merit: 11
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
September 18, 2018, 03:17:47 AM
If it jumps up to 30%, I won't hesitate to sell it. I prefer to earn on a daily or weekly basis than take risk and hodl for months without income. I always tell my friends that if they are happy with the price, they can sell it rather than monitoring the price everyday waiting for a miracle to happen. Hodling for months is tiring and can consume some of your happiness if you let it affect you.
Activity: 356
September 18, 2018, 03:11:40 AM
I always take note to the characteristics of a coin if rather rise some percentage i automatically sell half of my coin. The excess should be run for holding wait for bull run of prices. Make your own strategy to gaining more.
Activity: 798
Merit: 253
September 18, 2018, 03:08:16 AM
30% is already rising high enough. However, better search knows first cause of the increment to wait whether decisions that would like to take. When there is no good news then selling alone and wait to buy more when the price back down. But if there is indeed a great news there may be the opportunity to ride longer and better wait.
Activity: 252
Merit: 1
Decentralized Transportation Solution
September 18, 2018, 02:57:27 AM
If the coin I hodl suddenly experienced a considerable increase. If you have reached the target I want, then I will sell quickly. then I'll come back later when the purchase price back down.
Activity: 504
September 18, 2018, 02:50:15 AM
I probably do not quite understand the meaning of the word shipy, but still it seems to me that this should worsen the mood of people, because as I understand it is not good value for the token.
Activity: 252
September 18, 2018, 02:48:30 AM
Personally, I adhere to a strict strategy and sell my coins only when they have risen above 50% of the original value.
Activity: 341
Merit: 4
September 18, 2018, 02:43:24 AM
It depends on the coin. I always have predefined strategy for each coin I hold based on earlier analyses and know
what I want to achieve from each coin. If the profit target has been met I execute my trades according to that. We have
to be prepared in advance for many scenarios.

Yes correct, if you have met your profit target, there is no need to keep your coins for too long. it will just end up to low prices if you will continue to keep it. If there have a chance to sell and you think the price is ok with you, then sell it do not hesitate.

but before you sell all your coin, it will better if you can leave some amount for the next increasing of the price so you can make another profit form the coin. sometimes this can happen in some coin so you need to take attention for this coin and you can expect to make another profit. but if you don't mind if the price can increase higher than the price now and it's better to take the profit while you can, then it makes sense to sell all of your coins so you can wait for another lower price to buy that coin again.
Activity: 350
September 17, 2018, 10:41:50 PM
It depends on the coin. I always have predefined strategy for each coin I hold based on earlier analyses and know
what I want to achieve from each coin. If the profit target has been met I execute my trades according to that. We have
to be prepared in advance for many scenarios.

Yes correct, if you have met your profit target, there is no need to keep your coins for too long. it will just end up to low prices if you will continue to keep it. If there have a chance to sell and you think the price is ok with you, then sell it do not hesitate.
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
September 17, 2018, 06:05:54 AM
I will sell the coin because the value of a coin can change.
When there is a chance that the price of a coin will rise in price, I will sell it and wait to buy more coins when the price has decreased.
Cryptocurrency market conditions are indeed difficult to predict, sometimes increasing and sometimes experiencing a decline, so we must be smart to take advantage of the Cryptocurrency market conditions.
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
September 17, 2018, 05:52:26 AM
I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?

It depends on the economic strategy. If you use the crypto currency as a tool for playing in the market, then of course sell. If you use the Crypto-currency as a long-term investment, it is better to wait.
Activity: 379
September 17, 2018, 05:45:48 AM
No one can accurately predict the highest price, and I think it's necessary to specify a complete investment plan, otherwise it's hard for you to stay awake after the coins go up.
Pages:
Jump to: