Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you think about immortality? - page 2. (Read 12083 times)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
September 17, 2018, 11:34:58 PM
I think there is nothing eternal in this world, but we do not know it in the future
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
September 17, 2018, 10:39:43 PM
I don't think it is possible, but than again, if you showed someone from 1940s an iphone, they would probaby think you're crazy. Smiley Smiley

Exactly! We don't know for sure how technology will progress, so who knows, right? It's interesting though that there's so much talk about this possibility for immortality. If there's smoke, there's fire.

There's even a subreddit devoted to a project exploring digital immortality.
https://www.reddit.com/r/virternity/
It talks about the studies and plans for a virtual future. There's some interesting discussions there.
Activity: 69
September 17, 2018, 08:56:06 PM
Even if immortality exists, think about the world's population. Now we are comfortable, because deaths and births are counting almost same.
Activity: 7
September 08, 2018, 04:49:24 PM
I don't think immortality is a good thing.
Activity: 61
September 08, 2018, 12:44:32 PM
My opinion in the distant future will be found a way of immortality in one form or another
Activity: 1
September 08, 2018, 12:41:28 PM
Death makes reason to live full life.
Activity: 32
September 08, 2018, 12:34:30 PM
I don't think it is possible, but than again, if you showed someone from 1940s an iphone, they would probaby think you're crazy. Smiley Smiley
Activity: 21
September 08, 2018, 06:36:09 AM
I hope that this is impossible to achieve, but if it can be done, it will be one of the contradictions of nature and it will not end well
Activity: 70
September 08, 2018, 06:05:20 AM
About immortality at all not think. For one simple reason! No one needs it, because immortality will not add positive qualities to a person, will not give more Love, in the end, you just get tired of life. You will suffer because we are all destined to die, that is our life. Thank God that immortality does not exist in life,because it does not make sense!!! Life without immortality is more interesting because it is dangerous and contains the meaning of our stay on earth.  Smiley
Activity: 24
September 07, 2018, 07:06:15 PM
It's always a debate about this. There's no solid proof that it exist.
Activity: 44
September 07, 2018, 05:39:35 PM
What do you think about immortality? Will people find immortality in the future?
Is it possible to transfer a digital copy of the brain to a computer environment?

I think it is possible to transfer the digital copy of our brain because of the advancement and the continous growth of our learning about computers.
Activity: 14
September 07, 2018, 06:55:07 AM
All civilisations in the past have naturally worked or been guided towards it. In future maybe, but not now.
Activity: 126
September 06, 2018, 09:46:09 PM
For me immortality is not possible to happen in a person in a real life. Immortality is just an imagination of humans and only exist in movies and anime . The cycle of life of a human being is when they were born they are definitely to die in the future. The transfer of the brain into digital is not also possible in my opinion and it will never be happen.

But maybe we should at least keep an open mind about it. Most of the technology today we couldn't have predicted would exist, right? Who knows what advancements we can have in the future. There is scientific basis for a brain interface. The concept is explored in a book called Virternity, and is supported with a lengthy bibliography of different articles and studies.
Activity: 560
Merit: 105
September 06, 2018, 09:38:40 PM
For me immortality is not possible to happen in a person in a real life. Immortality is just an imagination of humans and only exist in movies and anime . The cycle of life of a human being is when they were born they are definitely to die in the future. The transfer of the brain into digital is not also possible in my opinion and it will never be happen.
Activity: 30
September 06, 2018, 09:06:04 PM
I think immortality should not exist Cheesy
Activity: 196
September 06, 2018, 08:41:33 PM
I believe one can achieve immortality after death. That is this physical body dies and our immortal bodies that's the soul takes over forvever thus immortality is achieved.   

Why have to wait for death though? What if the means to achieve immortality (perhaps through digital immortality) can be available within your lifetime, wouldn’t you grab that chance? I think with how technology is progressing (ex. Blockchain, AI, virtual and augmented realities), they could all provide a means for life extension. What do you think?

Activity: 56
August 30, 2018, 04:26:46 AM
Speaking of immortality, immortality is just a mirage for us.
Activity: 47
August 28, 2018, 04:53:07 AM
I believe it is possible especially right now. Cloning and an AI God politician might be the norm.
Activity: 44
August 28, 2018, 04:02:04 AM
I believe one can achieve immortality after death. That is this physical body dies and our immortal bodies that's the soul takes over forvever thus immortality is achieved.   
Activity: 121
August 28, 2018, 01:52:57 AM
Eternity ... imagining this word like looking at an endless railroad track, imagining an endless journey, or imagining something that doesn't know when it's finished. Imagining eternal life is terrible. It's like imagining an endless pain.
Pages:
Jump to: