Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you think about immortality? - page 3. (Read 12083 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
August 28, 2018, 12:01:56 AM
It is a myth because everything is mortal and there is nothing will last forever 
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
August 27, 2018, 11:03:34 PM
What do you think about immortality? Will people find immortality in the future?
Is it possible to transfer a digital copy of the brain to a computer environment?

This question can be answered in two ways. If we think according to body immortality, using artificial intelligence human could live forever, but if we think according to brain immortality it's impossible, because normal human brain has own lifecycle and it can't live forever.

The physical aspect of the brain may die or decompose, but what about memory and consciousness? Do you know that there are studies now about brain preservation and mind uploading? I heard that in the future, one’s personality or consciousness can be integrated into a computer simulation and thus, achieving life extension. Look up the VR technologist and PhD researcher David Evans Bailey and you’ll learn more about it.
What do you think about this possibility though?
Activity: 3
August 27, 2018, 12:32:39 AM
Immortality is great if the world is perfect but it is not living a long life suffering is in good
August 26, 2018, 11:54:54 PM
human nature is born and also dies, but if it's like the transfer of memory or brain memory if technology is very supportive it could happen

I agree. We are born and are predisposed to death because of our bodies. So perhaps, the key to immortality is freeing consciousness from the body. You mentioned the transfer of memory. Did you know there are actual studies behind that theory? I heard about this Virternity Project which explores the possibility of the human mind to thrive in a virtual realm. There's even a book about it by David Evans Bailey (PhD researcher in virtual reality). Have you heard about the project? What do you think about brain memory preservation and uploading it into a virtual space?
Activity: 56
August 25, 2018, 11:45:41 PM
I think immortality doesn't exist.
Activity: 39
August 23, 2018, 11:53:00 PM
Great thing if someone can gain or achieve but something nearly impossible too
August 23, 2018, 10:23:20 PM
I don't think immortality is possible even with the highest possible technology that we can create. Unless we mixed our body with robot features, that's when immortality is possible. And the intelligence of human can be transferred to computer. That's why AI now are being studied and improved by developers.

Interesting you mentioned about the transference of human intelligence to a computer. For most people, it sounds like a plot for a scifi book or film, but in reality, it’s based on actual research. If you’ll look up the Virternity Project, you’ll discover how likely humans can have their consciousness digitized and uploaded into a virtual realm to achieve this coveted immortality. Have you heard or read about it?
Activity: 28
August 23, 2018, 08:30:04 PM
human nature is born and also dies, but if it's like the transfer of memory or brain memory if technology is very supportive it could happen
Activity: 28
August 23, 2018, 06:02:25 PM
Its most effective goals.. its very sadIts handiest goals.. its very sadreality is some other
Activity: 616
Merit: 16
August 23, 2018, 05:49:04 PM
there is life after death. it is an eternal LIFE.
Activity: 33
Merit: 5
August 23, 2018, 05:38:01 PM
A friend and I had a really interesting idea about immortality last night actually. The thought was this: the classic pro-mortality argument is that death is a necessary incentive to live life to the fullest every day. If you were immortal, today is no better than tomorrow because tomorrow is just another point on a line stretching towards infinity. But, the key part of this argument has to do with time and expectations -- not death itself. That is, it would be possible for people to expect to die tomorrow, live life to the fullest today, find out that they didn't die the next day, and be left better off because of it. Therefore, if we were to live in a world where we really were immortal but believed we could face death at any moment that we stopped living life to the fullest, we could live life to the fullest forever.
Activity: 70
August 23, 2018, 05:32:12 PM
I think being an immortal will make you sad and lonely because all your love ones will die and the next generation to another you will be there which means the people who you really started is now gone and you need to make another family to be happy.
Activity: 50
August 23, 2018, 01:52:53 PM
What do you think about immortality? Will people find immortality in the future?
Is it possible to transfer a digital copy of the brain to a computer environment?

With technologies like in 21st century, I dont think that its possible to say but who knows how it evolves?
Activity: 240
Merit: 10
August 23, 2018, 10:33:41 AM
I don't think people should be able to live forever, we are meant to die.  If we lived forever evil people could control us for eternity.  Sometimes science is wonderful but immortality and A.I. scare the hell out of me.
Activity: 56
August 23, 2018, 09:58:17 AM
According to the religion and belief I have, eternal life is life after death it will happen to all human beings on this earth.
Activity: 121
August 23, 2018, 06:36:18 AM

This question can be answered in two ways. If we think according to body immortality, using artificial intelligence human could live forever, but if we think according to brain immortality it's impossible, because normal human brain has own lifecycle and it can't live forever.
Activity: 196
August 22, 2018, 10:32:07 PM
Immortallity is only in a game, not real.
Activity: 18
August 22, 2018, 09:46:40 PM
i think immortality isnot inneed.we live long means our friends die before us, its really painful!
Activity: 50
August 22, 2018, 08:43:39 PM
Immorality is very impossible.You are likely becoming God to which you are not either.
Activity: 14
August 22, 2018, 08:41:31 PM
It is impossible
Pages:
Jump to: