Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you think about immortality? - page 4. (Read 12083 times)

Activity: 50
Merit: 2
August 22, 2018, 08:08:25 PM
I believe that there is a part of humans that is immortal and some day in the future, man as a being would be immortal and indestructible.
Activity: 75
Merit: 0
August 22, 2018, 08:04:52 PM
If you think about the concept of the soul, we are already immortal. We might just forgotten our past lives if the soul continously want to go back to the material world and not return to source. If you would view it scientifically, it state that matter can neither be created nor destroyed, it just change form, the trick is does it remember its previous form?
Activity: 41
Merit: 2
August 22, 2018, 06:28:01 PM
Immortality is actually is actually not possible
I use to believe this when I was alot younger but at this point in my life... I can't
Activity: 27
August 22, 2018, 11:46:10 AM
Objectively, we may reach immortality at some point. It might be attained by keeping the body forever healthy and avoiding death factors, or brain data uploading as suggested by some members. However I think it is not good from a psychological point of view. Can an endless life truly be called "life"? If being alive is defined as "not being dead", can life exist in the abscence of the concept of death? And somebody immortal would be mentally unstable, creating a "void" in his person, leading him to have no goals, and wishing his very own death.
Activity: 268
Merit: 100
World's First Chain Balancing Token (CBT)
August 21, 2018, 03:09:18 PM
I don't think immortality is possible even with the highest possible technology that we can create. Unless we mixed our body with robot features, that's when immortality is possible. And the intelligence of human can be transferred to computer. That's why AI now are being studied and improved by developers.
Activity: 28
August 21, 2018, 02:53:54 PM
I think it is meant for no one as nobody wants to live in this world forever.
Activity: 31
August 19, 2018, 09:17:04 AM
I think that eternity will not be easily obtained because we are governed by God and there is no eternal human unless God wants it to happen
Activity: 14
August 19, 2018, 08:00:42 AM
It should remain only till the gods and not even be given to the humans.
Activity: 71
August 18, 2018, 02:06:01 AM
Actually it is said that soul is immortal, and it just changes its form from one living being to other.
Activity: 35
August 16, 2018, 04:21:44 PM
All will die, no one will live forever. Death in my example is not the last moment of life, which certainly awaits us ahead, but nothingness.
Activity: 28
August 16, 2018, 09:10:30 AM
immortal is a torture for me because of the more sinful day I made
Activity: 59
August 15, 2018, 09:26:35 PM
Well, i think there is no immortalyti Cheesy
Activity: 37
August 15, 2018, 08:32:37 PM
Immortalily? I think it is kind of a pointless thing, living forever for what? Maybe to look at the generation of the future or and the technological advances but I think it could get borin after a while.
Activity: 25
August 15, 2018, 08:08:35 PM
It cannot be achieved by the humans and people should know it clearly.
Activity: 30
August 15, 2018, 05:51:48 PM
Actually it is said that soul is immortal, and it just changes its form from one living being to other.
Activity: 42
Merit: 7
August 15, 2018, 03:09:19 PM
for human kind to transform into a data to be immortal requires conplex programming that would be able to transfer dna to the most smallest bit and might require huge storages of data for storage so to attain immortality with the aid of technology might just be impossible but there may come some other way to be immortal but i think, as of what we have known and discovered for today it would still be very impossible.

Even if they achieve that it will not make you immortal as the consciousness can't be extracted into data, you might create an immortal copy of yourself though
Activity: 35
August 15, 2018, 02:48:59 PM
Eternity has two meanings. Immortality comes from the eternal basic word. Eternity is a homonym because its meanings have the same spelling and pronunciation but the meaning is different. Eternity has the meaning in noun classes or nouns so that eternity can state the name of a person, place, or all things and everything that is doomed.
Activity: 36
August 15, 2018, 02:47:18 PM
Eternity or eternity is literally a unit of time that has no limit, or an infinite time, as expressed in the expression of eternal peace, or eternal rest.
Activity: 64
August 15, 2018, 01:20:43 PM
for human kind to transform into a data to be immortal requires conplex programming that would be able to transfer dna to the most smallest bit and might require huge storages of data for storage so to attain immortality with the aid of technology might just be impossible but there may come some other way to be immortal but i think, as of what we have known and discovered for today it would still be very impossible.
Activity: 29
August 15, 2018, 12:21:11 PM
I wish to be immortal and i want to know how to reach ther
Pages:
Jump to: