Pages:
Author

Topic: what do you think about pump and dump? - page 11. (Read 10024 times)

Activity: 743
Merit: 500
November 10, 2017, 11:59:34 AM
what do you think about pump and dump?  did you ever trade on pump and dump event? can you give few tips for how to make money from this events? what i need to look for?
Well that was commonly experience by all traders the so called "Winning and losing" pump and dump, you can win and you can also lose that is the well experience of all traders especially thise who is already trade long time ago with the crypto currencies, they lose big time and they also win big time.
I think of pump and dump as the beauty of bitcoin. It is a very unique kind of concept and all your earnings entirely base on this thing. Market price of bitcoin will keep on fluctuating and it will either increase or decrease.

You just need to prepare yourself for any kind of situation in a way that you will be able to make the maximum advantage of the situation through which you are going through.
when you are starting to trade expect that all traders encounter that kind of scenario and pump and dump are very common we all know that this is a movement of coin but the when there is a dump some are panicking on it they make some panic selling so stay calm of pump and dump deware on that when you are in trading.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 644
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
November 10, 2017, 10:46:40 AM
First, it is a fact and not going to change anytime soon.  The words may go away, but the actions are still there.  The pumps are done by one or two people, sometimes a small group, but the dumping is something that everyone makes happen.  The initial run and bail may be the pump group, but the downward slide is everyone getting the hell out as the price drops.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 589
November 10, 2017, 09:13:31 AM
what do you think about pump and dump?  did you ever trade on pump and dump event? can you give few tips for how to make money from this events? what i need to look for?

I think pump and dumps are pretty common in the altcoins markets.
I tried to trade twice time ago, once I earned money while the other one I lose it.
In order to make money from this event, you have to be the admin of pump and dump groups and buy before the others.
The movement of the price of bitcoin or any form of crypto-currency in the market should help people particularly teh trades or the bitcoin holder to depend their transactions on the current value or the movement of the price of bitcoin so that they could know if they will going to earn or have profit in the future. It is also a good thing to learned because people could also used it in the investments and business world. So if you are going to learn the price of bitcoin or the movement as it dump and pump in different reasons you could have the ability to have a better form of trading and investments in the future that could give you earnings and profit.
Activity: 644
Merit: 379
November 10, 2017, 08:47:01 AM
People usually burned out on this pump and dump event.
If you want to make money you need to be super quick.
I have seen few group on telegram who announce the pump coin.
One guy is named captain who did these.
Activity: 1036
November 08, 2017, 05:29:55 AM
Pumps and dumps is a common thing in trading. You should be ready to face this situation as this will test your emotion how you would react in a critical situation like when you see the value of your coins is falling.

It is common but realistically you shouldn't end up in a situation where your coins are really falling hard due to a pump and dump because that probably means that you bought at the top which you really shouldn't do.
These two situations are very favorable and those who are cursing dump they are stupid because dump is the time when one can buy coin at low price and one thing is sure that bitcoin recovers from any type of dump this is just because of its popularity as people start buying it the prices will start going toward upward and more to it bitcoin gives chance to earn in both situation so get benefits from both of these
This sounds pretty funny. All I can think about the two opposite phases that is the dump and pump is that the first one is most appropriate time for buying more and more of the digital Assets and saving them in your online wallet waiting for the right time to sell that is the pumping phase.

This is because the dump phase provides you  great opportunity for buying Bitcoins as beginners in this field get too much worried upon the situation and anxiety ,depression along with many other emotions combine together  to the situation that they decide about selling out whatever they have at lowest minimum prices.

Activity: 854
Merit: 501
November 04, 2017, 05:28:00 AM
Pumps and dumps is a common thing in trading. You should be ready to face this situation as this will test your emotion how you would react in a critical situation like when you see the value of your coins is falling.

It is common but realistically you shouldn't end up in a situation where your coins are really falling hard due to a pump and dump because that probably means that you bought at the top which you really shouldn't do.
These two situations are very favorable and those who are cursing dump they are stupid because dump is the time when one can buy coin at low price and one thing is sure that bitcoin recovers from any type of dump this is just because of its popularity as people start buying it the prices will start going toward upward and more to it bitcoin gives chance to earn in both situation so get benefits from both of these
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
November 02, 2017, 10:29:40 AM
I apologize for repeating myself, but it is clear that many people don't understand what "pump and dump" means. I am concerned that they don't know it is a scam and they are likely to fall for it.

"Pump and dump" (P&D) is a form of microcap stock fraud that involves artificially inflating the price of an owned stock through false and misleading positive statements, in order to sell the cheaply purchased stock at a higher price. Once the operators of the scheme "dump" sell their overvalued shares, the price falls and investors lose their money. ...

While fraudsters in the past relied on cold calls, the Internet now offers a cheaper and easier way of reaching large numbers of potential investors through spam email, bad data, memes, and fake news.

A pump group is a pump-and-dump scam.
An alert service or channel is a pump-and-dump scam.
Don't be a victim.

Let me help to bump this information.

Yeaa people got trapped on a misconception about the pump and dump , the real definition is exactly like what you stated above quoting wikipedia explanation.
Pump and dump is a tricks of trade where some group spread the false info expecting people believe on it and drive them to buy or sell without thinking clearly.
It is completely a trick that basically considered as a "scam" attempt , but people fall into a wrong direction about this p&d.
Activity: 322
Merit: 114
November 02, 2017, 10:07:50 AM

Activity: 129
Merit: 100
November 02, 2017, 10:04:50 AM
Activity: 419
November 02, 2017, 06:10:53 AM
Well that was commonly experience by all traders the so called "Winning and losing" pump and dump, you can win and you can also lose that is the well experience of all traders especially thise who is already trade long time ago with the crypto currencies, they lose big time and they also win big time.
I think of pump and dump as the beauty of bitcoin. It is a very unique kind of concept and all your earnings entirely base on this thing. Market price of bitcoin will keep on fluctuating and it will either increase or decrease.

You just need to prepare yourself for any kind of situation in a way that you will be able to make the maximum advantage of the situation through which you are going through.
Activity: 503
Merit: 102
November 01, 2017, 09:59:35 AM

pump and dump I think is common in the world of Cryptocurrency and pump and dump is a good thing for traders we can buy a lot of coins at the time of dump and can sell with high oppit at the time of pump

Nothing to do with it. I think  pump and dump are normal processes within the Bitcoin volatility and there is nothing you can do about that but to accept that fact and adjust your strategy to it. Despite some opinions there is no way to predict the pump or dump so you just can watch the market and react when it changes. You just have to go with your gut feeling and i think the best way is that just leave the lost and go forward.
There is one way. If you buy all altcoins and set TPs. Maybe it sounds crazy, but don't forget that there is a lot of coins that are pumping sooner or later Smiley
Never! the price of altcoins never increase like your target.
If the market can easily make money like your said, this market do not have many losers and some people went bankrupt every day.

You forgot that 99.99% traders can't afford buy all these positions in the market
Activity: 737
November 01, 2017, 01:23:53 AM

pump and dump I think is common in the world of Cryptocurrency and pump and dump is a good thing for traders we can buy a lot of coins at the time of dump and can sell with high oppit at the time of pump

Nothing to do with it. I think  pump and dump are normal processes within the Bitcoin volatility and there is nothing you can do about that but to accept that fact and adjust your strategy to it. Despite some opinions there is no way to predict the pump or dump so you just can watch the market and react when it changes. You just have to go with your gut feeling and i think the best way is that just leave the lost and go forward.
There is one way. If you buy all altcoins and set TPs. Maybe it sounds crazy, but don't forget that there is a lot of coins that are pumping sooner or later Smiley
Never! the price of altcoins never increase like your target.
If the market can easily make money like your said, this market do not have many losers and some people went bankrupt every day.
Activity: 812
Merit: 317
October 31, 2017, 03:00:54 PM
I apologize for repeating myself, but it is clear that many people don't understand what "pump and dump" means. I am concerned that, because they don't know it is a scam, they are more likely to fall for it.

A pump group is a pump-and-dump scam. An alert service or channel is a pump-and-dump scam. Don't be a victim.

"Pump and dump" (P&D) is a form of microcap stock fraud that involves artificially inflating the price of an owned stock through false and misleading positive statements, in order to sell the cheaply purchased stock at a higher price. Once the operators of the scheme "dump" sell their overvalued shares, the price falls and investors lose their money. ...

While fraudsters in the past relied on cold calls, the Internet now offers a cheaper and easier way of reaching large numbers of potential investors through spam email, bad data, memes, and fake news.
I completely agree with you on this situation, but I think that every user should be attentive to the information that is viewed and read. The most important thing is not to be led on such provocations. And with the fact that scammers affect the price fluctuation, it is the consequences of panic in the market.
legendary
Activity: 4438
Merit: 3387
October 31, 2017, 02:38:11 PM
I apologize for repeating myself, but it is clear that many people don't understand what "pump and dump" means. I am concerned that they don't know it is a scam and they are likely to fall for it.

A pump group is a pump-and-dump scam.
An alert service or channel is a pump-and-dump scam.
Don't be a victim.
Activity: 503
Merit: 102
October 31, 2017, 12:54:31 PM

Activity: 938
Merit: 251
October 31, 2017, 08:35:09 AM
Pump and dump event is unavoidable event in crypto market! Pump and dump may not be all bad because it provide and liquidity and it could also last for a while if what is driving the pump is actual product, services or real development. Knowing when to get in out of pump and dump is the best strategy anyone can master!
Activity: 129
October 31, 2017, 08:04:40 AM
It is ideal to buy coins during dump because coins is super cheap during that period. Then hold till the price pump surely you will gain in this strategy.
Activity: 642
October 31, 2017, 07:59:40 AM

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
October 31, 2017, 07:11:23 AM
Don't chase the pump, some traders look for coins that are currently being pumped and when they have enough coins in stock and plan to sell, price starts to drop (dump), and you are left with a coin that you bought at high price. If someone tells you to invest in this or that coin on this day, that's already a clue for you not to buy the coin and look the way.
Activity: 462
October 31, 2017, 07:06:47 AM
Pages:
Jump to: