Pages:
Author

Topic: What does KYC gives you ? - page 34. (Read 26228 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 0
June 16, 2018, 04:53:53 AM
KYC such an headache for me.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 108
June 16, 2018, 03:10:49 AM
Passage of the verification of KYC with the participation of ICO signatures in companies can not give me anything. At the very least, it deprives me of my confidentiality, and in the future can cause a lot of trouble if it later turns out that my personal data was used by unknown persons in committing various crimes.
 Passage of the KYC test can not do anything good at all, since such a test can be used by both bona fide ICO team members and a scam team. I basically do not participate in ICO projects, where there is at least some information about the possibility of passing such an audit. In addition, such a verification of the participants in the ICO signature campaign is illegal, since we are not investors in these ICO projects.
Activity: 80
June 16, 2018, 02:14:24 AM
Hi.can someone tell me if KYC is ok ? what could be the effects of doing it especially in bounties/airdrops, they are requiring to pass KYC before joining
Doing KYC for bounty participants is good way to minimize the cheaters on the bounty. But having KYC for airdrops is not a good idea and I will not participate to those airdrops.
Activity: 602
Merit: 103
June 15, 2018, 09:47:43 PM
Bounties are considerate of conducting KYC, airdrops who want KYC for their participants are insane, for the participants didn't have a direct communication with the team. Even on bounties, KYC is a tedious and crazy part where you need to do KYC on every Bounty campaign you would/could join. We need a company that would handle all our KYC and get 1 time ID where we could submit and use here in the blockchain space.
Activity: 798
Merit: 268
June 15, 2018, 09:36:44 PM
KYC is not a commodity its just a requirements for some exchanges and bounties to know you more and to know if you are eligible to receive the bounty because some ICOs are prohibited in some places. Airdrop doesn’t need KYC, so be careful on filling up the form cause you might got scammed.
Activity: 83
Merit: 3
June 15, 2018, 09:05:27 PM
It gives you nothing. KYC means “Know Your Customer” you only give them your identity. Be careful of what you join or participate most of the Ico & airdrops are scam
Activity: 1120
Merit: 504
June 15, 2018, 12:53:21 PM
really KYC can provide security in the process of accepting prizes already in progress but will accelerate the process of sending gifts and all tested in each prize campaign without any differences and difficulties for further processing and this is widely evidenced by every ongoing project so that all participants accept what corresponds to what will be given Wink
Activity: 140
Merit: 2
June 15, 2018, 12:29:16 PM
The things what kyc gives us.. Brief insight of kyc
KYC stands for “Know Your Customer”. Thus, all documents which are required to establish identity of an individual are called KYC documents. Generally an identity proof with photograph and an address proof are the two basic mandatory KYC documents that are required to establish one’s identity at the time of opening of savings bank account, fixed deposit, mutual fund, insurance, etc

Why KYC is mandatory for all e-commerce wallet and sites.

Today other regulators too have made KYC mandatory. The Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) has mandated it for mutual funds and broking accounts, the Insurance Regulatory Development Authority (IRDA) while buying insurance and the Forwards Markets & Commission (FMC) for commodity trading. You need to submit it even for making post office deposits

NOW THE IMPACT OF KYC TO US.
Although the effort towards strengthening identification norms has helped in preventing money laundering and reducing fraud, it has had a negative impact in an unexpected quarter. The growth in investor numbers in various instruments is either stagnating or reducing. Apparently, the KYC norms are proving restrictive because of the hassles of documentation.

Thank you!!!!!
Activity: 273
June 15, 2018, 11:35:21 AM
Almost all HYIP projects require KYC verification,and this year and half of the bounty companies made mandatory passage KYC everyone should decide to give their personal data or not,but if the project promises, it is worth risking.
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
June 15, 2018, 10:21:13 AM
I believe that KYC is not an indicator of the success of the ICO project. So first of all read the white paper and pay attention to the team. After that, draw your conclusions
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
June 15, 2018, 08:31:33 AM
Hi.can someone tell me if KYC is ok ? what could be the effects of doing it especially in bounties/airdrops, they are requiring to pass KYC before joining

Well, KYC is carried out in order to weed out bots! Why pay bot? When you can split the steak between the real participants! Especially in many countries it is forbidden to participate in the ICO.  With the help of KIS, you can weed out participants who live in countries where ICO is prohibited!
Activity: 62
June 15, 2018, 08:12:35 AM
KYC is very important, the bounty projects are well tested and have projects that have my protector to use KYC, and airdrop does not require KYC to join me.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1
June 15, 2018, 04:52:27 AM
KYC has one positivny moment, if the company's bounty requires KYC, it helps to remove a large number of bots, and the fewer bots, the more we earn!
Activity: 574
Merit: 12
June 15, 2018, 02:00:36 AM
Don't blame any ICO developers, which request for a KYC verification before purchasing tokens. During the initial period of ICOs, there weren't any requirements for it, but some investors think they can become smarter to override the developers to get more tokens. KYC is then demanded. Besides, some countries are prohibited from participating in ICOs, developers uses KYC verification to sort them out.
And you were not at all interested in what is meant by the phrase "is forbidden to participate in the ICO." Is it forbidden to invest in ICO projects or is it forbidden to advertise ICO projects by participating in the generosity campaigns of ICO? Or the difference between these actions you do not see? In one case, in doubtful, from the point of view of the states, ICO projects invest their money and these states, taking care of their citizens and possible loss of their money, simply forbid them to do it, and in another case certain actions are committed without investing their money. Will states prohibit simple advertising of ICO projects, even if they are questionable from the point of view of these states? I doubt, because the citizen in this case, except for his efforts and time, does not lose anything. Therefore, I do not think that the expression "forbidden to participate in ICO" implies prohibiting them from advertising. Therefore, the requirement to pass a KYC test to the participants in the ICO generosity campaign is illegal.
Activity: 12
June 15, 2018, 01:54:16 AM
Carefully, not all airdrops need KYC.
Activity: 238
June 15, 2018, 01:13:19 AM
Now I do not join the projects that require KYC, since I will not be guaranteed by anyone who protects my personal data.

Can they use our details for some other illegal things if we submitted our details for the KYC? Are there any regulations regarding that? Even they can use your ID card images and make fake IDs and use them.  I also have the same problem that even though they use it to uniquely identify people but still they have confidential information about us.
Activity: 112
June 14, 2018, 04:16:25 PM
I think that it is possible to pass the KYC procedure in strong projects. You shouldn't put your data everywhere.
Activity: 2996
Merit: 609
June 14, 2018, 04:08:08 PM
If a project has kyc then it has the assurance that it is legit in a 99.9% but your personal information will be known by the company and can be used into illegal doings,  the best thing to trust projects is to check and prove that the developers of a project is trustworthy.

I believe the necessary to introduce KYC in different ICO's or bounties is to remove spam users. Everyone is well identified by the problem alt accounts in such situation the best way to filter alt or bot accounts is to introduce KYC feature. I don't think there is any harm to provide  KYC to a genuine company as your data will be in safe hands but providing your KYC information to any random project is quite risky, even if you provide KYC there is no necessity that the project will legit in long run.
But the question is how can you spot out if a genuine company do make handle those data on secure way? I doubt you wont able to know such thing.If you do then its really hard to find out. Most people do loves anonimity but sometimes or this is being take advantage for those who do likes to cheat or commit fraud. KYC do minimize it but not really a compulsory thing! For investors join on ICO's with your own preference.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 507
June 14, 2018, 02:17:50 PM
If a project has kyc then it has the assurance that it is legit in a 99.9% but your personal information will be known by the company and can be used into illegal doings,  the best thing to trust projects is to check and prove that the developers of a project is trustworthy.

I believe the necessary to introduce KYC in different ICO's or bounties is to remove spam users. Everyone is well identified by the problem alt accounts in such situation the best way to filter alt or bot accounts is to introduce KYC feature. I don't think there is any harm to provide  KYC to a genuine company as your data will be in safe hands but providing your KYC information to any random project is quite risky, even if you provide KYC there is no necessity that the project will legit in long run.
Activity: 287
Merit: 10
June 14, 2018, 12:05:32 PM
kyc gives ico companies full regulation and security for the ico company to perform on legal ground where ever they operate so it is preferable to have kyc
Pages:
Jump to: