Pages:
Author

Topic: What does KYC gives you ? - page 33. (Read 26228 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 10
June 18, 2018, 01:10:01 PM
Hi.can someone tell me if KYC is ok ? what could be the effects of doing it especially in bounties/airdrops, they are requiring to pass KYC before joining
I have followed several ICO projects and some of them require KYC / AML. Until now I am not complaining about the needs of the project. The reason some of the projects require participants to complete the KYC is to know the background of investors, in order to reduce the misuse of the project token. Obviously the project will keep our data confidential, so we need to look deeper into projects that require KYC.
I, too, do not mind giving my personal data if the company in which I'm participating demands it. But only in the world is the market for trading various data, including personal data, increasing. Based on this, I'm worried that my data will be sold and used for bad purposes or against me.
Activity: 196
Merit: 2
Kerja Cerdas
June 18, 2018, 01:03:11 PM
Hi.can someone tell me if KYC is ok ? what could be the effects of doing it especially in bounties/airdrops, they are requiring to pass KYC before joining
I have followed several ICO projects and some of them require KYC / AML. Until now I am not complaining about the needs of the project. The reason some of the projects require participants to complete the KYC is to know the background of investors, in order to reduce the misuse of the project token. Obviously the project will keep our data confidential, so we need to look deeper into projects that require KYC.
Activity: 791
Merit: 139
June 18, 2018, 11:54:37 AM

bounties may have KYC or know your customer, but never give it with airdrops!
it is too risky if you will have it with just airdrops.
and turned to be a scam.
well, at first i though KYC will give a boost on an ICO once in the market.
but i have seen many that still fails and dumped.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011
June 18, 2018, 11:30:49 AM
KYC is mostly needed for legal reasons by ICOs. Governments wants KYC from icos to to block money laundering. Also kyc is needed for detect multi participants.
I think only for this reason they will take our KYC. But how can they verify our KYC information without government support and it's not only one country people will apply for airdrop right. taking permission from all countries is impossible. just for the sake, they will collect or they will collect to use it for illegal things. So it's not necessary to provide our info to others just for few dollars. think twice before sending your info to others it is worth, safe or not.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
June 18, 2018, 11:20:04 AM
I'm worried about revealing KYC because it does not guarantee who will protect my personal data, often projects that require KYC I will ignore.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking about the disadvantage of having KYC and I will ask first those bounty campaign if it's needed a KYC before doing the bounty.
Activity: 556
Merit: 100
June 18, 2018, 10:56:52 AM
For me the disavantage of joining KYC is the indentification proud your profile can use on scam or any bad things. But on the other part KYC provide a security on many scammer.
Activity: 62
June 18, 2018, 10:45:58 AM
I'm worried about revealing KYC because it does not guarantee who will protect my personal data, often projects that require KYC I will ignore.
Activity: 102
Merit: 5
June 18, 2018, 10:34:16 AM
KYC basically means know your customer and it's a good system to verify those greedy ones. It helps the company you intend to invest on to know basic information about you, this is because some countries have legal restrictions to investors and crypto at large. It gives you an edge and advantage over those who are yet to come on the crypto world. Don't be scared of doing KYC but just be watchful especially when those scammers tend to redirect you and get vital information from you.
Activity: 69
June 18, 2018, 08:16:14 AM
I wouldn't trust giving any of my information to a project specially if it is just for an airdrop or bounty, why does a project need such kind of information if a person is only doing a bounty or joining an airdrop? If your investing well that's another story but the risk is still there, so always be careful. Anyway, try using menlo they will automate KYC submissions to any ICO you would like to participate with.
Activity: 210
June 18, 2018, 06:17:02 AM
Majorly KYC procedure it to detect multiple participants because there are many people creating multiple account but this help them that they are legally doing and developing under those countries rules and regulations.
Activity: 308
June 18, 2018, 06:10:54 AM

Usually when you successfully passed KYC, you receive a letter to the post office that you have successfully passed KYC. This is a confirmation. But it's better to check with your bounty manager. Maybe differently
Activity: 340
June 17, 2018, 12:01:37 AM
now many are using KYC as a rule in following ico or bounty, maybe it is a requirement that must be done by an ugar project they can enter EXchange and do not break the rules in their country
Activity: 266
June 16, 2018, 04:38:52 PM
I agree with the KYC if it is said at the beginning of the bounty or airdrop, but when it is reported after the end it's a setup! I have no problems with KYC but if it is not reported in advance it's very bad
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
June 16, 2018, 03:58:17 PM
I believe that KYC does not guarantee that the ICO will be successful. There are many examples of where KYC was, but the result is a scam project. After all, they sold the documents on the black market
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
June 16, 2018, 02:28:36 PM
KYC is mostly needed for legal reasons by ICOs. Governments wants KYC from icos to to block money laundering. Also kyc is needed for detect multi participants.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 101
June 16, 2018, 12:48:54 PM
KYC is very important at present time. Now there are many scammer and thief that using real bounty members name but wallet address is another for stolen token. As a result manager fail to understand which is real or which is false. For that reason KYC is invented to identify the real person who is working hard for that bounty. On the other hand many men now using 2nd Forum ID for doing bounty. But when KYC came it also banned.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
June 16, 2018, 10:03:52 AM
KYC does ruin the ultimate goal of cryptos that is anonymity. But since many countries have already put in regulations in regard with cryptos, ICO need to go with KYC to abide by the rules. If you aren't okay with sharing your personal information or don't believe in certain project, don't get involved in an ICO or bounty which requires KYC. If the project is legit, there won't be any negative impact of going through KYC. But as I stated before if you have any doubt about the project and you think they will stole your personal information, just stay away from such project/bounty.
Activity: 58
June 16, 2018, 08:41:58 AM
kyc is required if the company is fraudulent, then your data can go to the black market and used in the finishing of the loan
Activity: 168
June 16, 2018, 05:54:33 AM
we can't really do away with the kyc. just be vigilant and do it only to those you think legit project. its really dangerous to give your identity to those you dont know but it is require so just be careful in doing it.
Activity: 368
June 16, 2018, 05:38:00 AM

In most cases, KYC needs to pass after the bounty is completed. Do this in order to remove from the lists the multiaccunts. If you have one account, you do not have to worry about it.
Pages:
Jump to: