Pages:
Author

Topic: What does KYC gives you ? - page 37. (Read 26228 times)

Activity: 153
Merit: 0
May 14, 2018, 04:35:57 PM
Hi.can someone tell me if KYC is ok ? what could be the effects of doing it especially in bounties/airdrops, they are requiring to pass KYC before joining
I don't know yet what are the consequences that we are going to face in doing KYC but to be sure to avoid that, don't join bounties that requires KYC. There are a lot of bounties out there that does not require KYC.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
May 14, 2018, 03:56:22 PM
This is a very good thing to protect your account or personal cabinet on some site. Sometimes in KYC is asked personal data in airdrops and I do not like to indicate it there.
Activity: 336
Merit: 15
Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.
May 14, 2018, 03:42:58 PM
I've encountered two bounty campaigns that require KYC. The first one got my ID, but then I realised how many scammers there are (not the one I sent my ID to). From then on I did not participate in any bounties requiring KYC. The risk is to big.
If(!) you do decide to send in an ID, then don't forget to:
1. watermark it (eg: "copy for bounty ...)"
2. blur out your social security number. You do not want identity thiefs to get their hands on that on.
Activity: 299
Merit: 102
May 14, 2018, 03:36:48 PM
Hi.can someone tell me if KYC is ok ? what could be the effects of doing it especially in bounties/airdrops, they are requiring to pass KYC before joining
I have never passed KYC in bounty campaigns,but began to notice this condition more often,on the one hand it is good that the campaign will not be participants with multiaccount,but on the other...
Activity: 532
Merit: 18
Bitcoin lover!
May 14, 2018, 02:32:52 PM
As a member of the ICO signature campaign, KYC does not give me anything, I do not know anyone who does not present my documents to anyone and may be fraudsters, they try to get my personal information and a copy of the passport. How should I treat this? Of course, extremely negative.
I try, therefore, to bypass those ICO projects in which KYC verification is required. So they then begin to deceive us. First, they do not write anything about such a test in connection with the connection, and when the ICO ends, instead of paying the earned tokens, they begin to make such a check. This is a fraud.
Activity: 17
May 14, 2018, 02:31:21 PM
KYC = know your customer

It's a legal process, often mandatory, to ensure
- that participants (investors) in the ico are not from certain countries - as it's illegal to join an ico there
- to be sure money doesn't come from illicit activities

KYC requirements are a good sign to the legitimacy of the project.
Weird they ask it for bounty campaign, though.
Activity: 29
May 14, 2018, 02:12:10 PM
If I send KYC, how scammers can use my personal information. I do not have experience. Share your experience. thank you.
First of all you have to carefully choose the project you want to invest in. But in my opinion scammers don't do KYC. It scares off some people so why would they do it?
KYC is a good thing because when project wants to interact with other partners in the industry, it need to be sure that the sources of all funds raised in the token sale are legitimate. And it knows that thanks to Know Your Customer process. Company or project are also obliged to protect all personal data of their customers.
Activity: 366
Merit: 14
Investment
May 14, 2018, 01:56:35 PM
you will be notified about this and you will receive tokens on your wallet, which indicated
Activity: 602
Merit: 12
May 14, 2018, 01:48:35 PM
it legal obligations on some country
but i'd rather doing bounty or buying ico without that special term (like KYC)
that personal/private data that can't share to anyone
there is risk if someone using ur data
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
May 14, 2018, 01:35:27 PM
By means of KYC, you pass the personal data to the third parties. Protection of your personal data is guaranteed by nobody. Suddenly the project is a scam? Swindlers will use your data in personal objectives or will sell them!
Activity: 854
Merit: 100
May 14, 2018, 01:17:12 PM
For me KYC is providing your private data, pictures, documents numbers to the people whom you don't know well. I suppose it is kind of a risky thing, so I try to avoid it as much as I can.
Activity: 756
Merit: 256
HEX: Longer pays better
May 14, 2018, 01:46:41 AM
It's only OK if it's truthworthy and legit ICO project or bounty campaign cause it'll be very risky if you do KYC for a scam project cause your identity could be sold on the market. I think the reason for KYC is US nationality is not allowed to invest in almost ICO projects so ICO project often require investors to do KYC to avoid US investors.
Activity: 901
Merit: 500
May 14, 2018, 12:41:57 AM
If the KYC haya ID card requirement is tolerable, because everyone has it. the most difficult thing is KYC needs passport, this is difficult to implement because some participants do not have it.
and managers must provide KYC-related announcements at the start of the campaign.
Such a shit post. Did you using google translate for your paid signature? I think i should report this to your manager and you will not be able to join in other campaign as well.
If you don't have passport, don't join.
copper member
Activity: 363
Merit: 9
May 14, 2018, 12:02:02 AM
It is good if they require KYC even before you join a bounty campaign because you have the option of not joining if you feel like not giving up your identity. To be honest i don't know what happen to the documents i submit after the bounty campaign.
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
COINECT
May 14, 2018, 12:01:46 AM
If the KYC haya ID card requirement is tolerable, because everyone has it. the most difficult thing is KYC needs passport, this is difficult to implement because some participants do not have it.
and managers must provide KYC-related announcements at the start of the campaign.
Activity: 840
Merit: 101
May 13, 2018, 11:47:02 PM

KYC is also known as know your customer. It is used as a requirement in receiving bounties or tokens in a certain project. Here, you send your information such as name, birthday, contact number, and address. The effect of this KYC is you are not going to be anonymous anymore since you send your information. Some bounties or airdrops don't tell you if there is a KYC at the beginning of the campaign that is why it can be pretty bad for other people joining campaigns especially for those people who are not comfortable in sharing such info.
Activity: 31
May 13, 2018, 11:28:42 PM
You generally don't want to do KYC for sketchy projects. Only do it if you believe the project actually has potential.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 193
May 13, 2018, 07:15:29 PM

Just be careful since not all bounty/airdrop campaign is legit. I personally don’t signing up on that kyc form because I don’t participate on airdrop. Kyc basically for our protection but it is still questionable if you are using it in airdrop.
Activity: 95
Merit: 3
May 13, 2018, 07:03:18 PM

Never send your documents to unverified companies, especially for 5 $ Airdrop. Only at quality ICOs, and only for the sake of good income. The only plus of this procedure is that people using multi-account will not get anything.
Activity: 901
Merit: 500
May 13, 2018, 06:45:31 PM
Idk, never join and will join in any of bounty which required to do KYC. They are only want our personal data which we don't know what they will do with those
Pages:
Jump to: