Pages:
Author

Topic: What good things has Obama had since he is elected ? - page 4. (Read 11557 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Time is on our side, yes it is!
Marijuana has been legalised in few states, no? Grin Even thought not on federal law level  Roll Eyes

Obama didn't build that!!!   Shocked Grin
Wow, c'mon mang you know how much work the people had to put in just to get that far and you just give Obama credit for it all just like that.  The federal laws are still shite and I've not seen Obama make any real changes in that arena...

That is a good point, but it is true that Holder's justice dept finally lightened up even if it took a while.  That is a little something.

What is very interesting to me is that Holder's 'operation choke point' targets a lot of things, but almost seems to coddle the medical (chuckle) marijuana industry.  I've not formulated any good hypothesis for their fairly 180 degree turn on this issue.  Whatever the reason is, I'd not be at all surprised if it has some nefarious character to it.

Well, Holder has been coming out on reforming the criminal justice system meaning that people can eventually be forgiven of past minor and non-violent drug convictions so standing strong on these cannabis legalizing states wouldn't jive w/ that. Part of it is they don't want Rand Paul to get the lion's share of the credit for leading the charge on this issue or otherwise many minorities would have little or no reason to continue to support democrats especially in 2016 if Paul is the at the GOP's top of the ticket.

Very good points and I agree that Holder's actions for reform of the criminal justice system are a positive but I believe the decision is purely politically driven as suggested by Chef Ramsay.  Remaining relevant being the basis of the decision would make the most sense in my opinion.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
Marijuana has been legalised in few states, no? Grin Even thought not on federal law level  Roll Eyes

Wow, c'mon mang you know how much work the people had to put in just to get that far and you just give Obama credit for it all just like that.  The federal laws are still shite and I've not seen Obama make any real changes in that arena...

That is a good point, but it is true that Holder's justice dept finally lightened up even if it took a while.  That is a little something.

What is very interesting to me is that Holder's 'operation choke point' targets a lot of things, but almost seems to coddle the medical (chuckle) marijuana industry.  I've not formulated any good hypothesis for their fairly 180 degree turn on this issue.  Whatever the reason is, I'd not be at all surprised if it has some nefarious character to it.

Well, Holder has been coming out on reforming the criminal justice system meaning that people can eventually be forgiven of past minor and non-violent drug convictions so standing strong on these cannabis legalizing states wouldn't jive w/ that. Part of it is they don't want Rand Paul to get the lion's share of the credit for leading the charge on this issue or otherwise many minorities would have little or no reason to continue to support democrats especially in 2016 if Paul is the at the GOP's top of the ticket.
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276

Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Time is on our side, yes it is!

legendary
Activity: 1176
minds.com/Wilikon
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276

Ah, I thought of one today:  Chuck Hagel.

He would not have been my first pick by any stretch, but at least Obama stood up to the neocons for once and demonstrated that he's the president of the United Fuckin States and his pick to head the defense dept will be looking out for number one as his first priority (and won't be fellating any donkeys.)

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
It hasn't really sunk in yet or hit home to the black folks I encounter on a regular basis up here in the Great Lakes region. Of course, my normal encounters are through a major hospital where the employees mostly have it pretty good, unlike those in the inner city or its offshoots. Forget competing for low wage jobs but consider thinking about one's welfare benefits or related entitlements and how the writing is on the wall for how your future will look as more people are on the take. Around 38% of Americans are on some sort of welfare, disability or similar program and the numbers are only going up. I wonder how outsiders think about good ole America going down the tubes..

You voted at 90% for the One, believing he was your savior... but ends up being your pied piper, damning you to hell...

legendary
Activity: 1568
It hasn't really sunk in yet or hit home to the black folks I encounter on a regular basis up here in the Great Lakes region. Of course, my normal encounters are through a major hospital where the employees mostly have it pretty good, unlike those in the inner city or its offshoots. Forget competing for low wage jobs but consider thinking about one's welfare benefits or related entitlements and how the writing is on the wall for how your future will look as more people are on the take. Around 38% of Americans are on some sort of welfare, disability or similar program and the numbers are only going up. I wonder how outsiders think about good ole America going down the tubes..
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

PHOTOS: Obama Laughs His Way Through Meeting with Gov. Perry

July 10, 2014

Reuters published these two photos from President Obama’s meeting with Texas Gov. Rick Perry Wednesday. The president and the governor met in Dallas to discuss the humanitarian crisis on the Texas-Mexico border. The federal government estimates that 57,000 unaccompanied children have been taken in after illegally crossing into the United States.

In the two photos, Gov. Perry and his team appear to be taking the moment seriously. President Obama is grinning and laughing.

Obama himself has described the situation on the border as a “humanitarian crisis.”

President Obama refuses to visit the border while he is in Texas this week, despite the fact that while he is in Austin for a fundraiser he will be a short flight from the Rio Grande Valley. The vast majority of the illegal crossings are occurring in that region.

President Obama has requested $3.7 billion in emergency funding to handle the crisis, with most of that going to process and care for the children, not secure the border.

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/07/10/photos-obama-laughs-his-way-through-meeting-with-gov-perry/

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

http://therightscoop.com/houston-black-woman-goes-on-epic-rant-about-unaccompanied-illegals-why-cant-they-go-back/

Black Americans: The True Casualties of Amnesty
Democrats throw black voters under the bus.

One of the sleeper issues surrounding the debate on amnesty for illegal immigrants – an inconvenient one that no proponent of a widespread amnesty wishes to acknowledge – is the devastating effect so-called immigration reform will have on African Americans.

The black unemployment rate is almost 11 percent, far higher than that of any other group profiled by labor statistics. African Americans are disproportionately employed in lower-skilled jobs – the very same jobs immigrants take. As Steven Camarota asked in a recent column, why double immigration when so many people already aren’t working?

Who will be harmed most by amnesty? African-Americans.

The issue resurfaced this week when a YouTube video emerged of two young African-Americans confronting pro-illegal-immigration demonstrators in Murrieta, California. Murrieta is one of the towns in which undocumented minors are being relocated — and supporters are squaring off with protestors.

The young man argues:

If somebody brought six children to your house and you ain’t got no job, are you gonna take them in?… What are you gonna do? Are you gonna try to go out there and take care of these children AND the children you got already that you can’t take care of?… What are we going to do for the people who are here who are starving already?… We got our OWN people that are starving and hungry…. Why would we add to the problem?!

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/382338/black-americans-true-casualties-amnesty-j-delgado

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
If someone can tell me what good and meaningful successes has President Obama had since being elected ... what Democrats can call as one success ?

I’m not judging Obama only want to summarize ...

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

Did you see the news that Holder resigned today? He was "advised" to do so.
Nothing in his administration has done any good for anyone, I tried signing up for the ACA and it would have raped me financially HAD I THE MONEY TO DO SO.

Also I'm repub.

But that's not the point. I probably would like the guy outside the presidency, hell I'd probably hang out with him. He seems like a really nice guy.

Also I read an interesting article about how he used conversational hypnosis to make people vote for him in the first election, I wish I still had that link.

Basically here's the gist of his presidency:

Scandal
Scandal
Scandal
"I got Osama whooppeee"
"Attends 90000 basketball games with celebs"
"Nothing gets done"

I'm sorry I just have a sore spot for Obama.

Is this what you are talking about?

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

Obama Admits He Lied To Voters: “I’m Telling The Truth Now” Because I’m Not Running For Office…

http://youtu.be/1lxFXGRDnGY

“I’m just telling the truth now. I don’t have to run for office again, so I can just, you know, let her rip.”

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)

Axelrod: Obama’s Approval Rating In The Toilet Because Voters Lack Brain Power To Appreciate How Smart He Is…

President Obama’s approval ratings continue to sink to fresh lows as a growing number of Americans turn away from the harbinger of the tired and worn-out message of “hope and change.”

But it’s not because of the White House’s ham-fisted handling of a myriad of scandals, including the Internal Revenue Service’s targeting of conservative groups, the 2012 terrorist attacks on U.S. facilities in Benghazi, Libya, the National Security Agency’s ever-growing surveillance program, the White House’s decision to circumvent Congress and release five Taliban officers in exchange Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl or the still-brewing scandal involving the Department of Veterans Affairs.

No, here love died between voters and the president because he’s just too darn complex, or so says David Axelrod, a former senior adviser to the president.

National Review’s Rich Lowry flagged this gem of a quote in a recent New York Times article:

Reagan significantly changed the trajectory of the country for better and worse. But he restored a sense of clarity. Bush and Cheney were black and white, and after them, Americans wanted someone smart enough to get the nuances and deal with complexities. Now I think people are tired of complexity and they’re hungering for clarity, a simpler time. But that’s going to be hard to restore in the world today.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2550540/

I made a bet to keep track of his approval ratings in the future
I am not really expecting him to set the low bar which is Bush that was pretty bad and it could be a whole different topic on what good things did Bush do when he was elected ?

Still I am a bit impressed that he is hovering close around 40% That Nobel Peace Prize Eh Smiley
http://www.gallup.com/poll/124922/Presidential-Approval-Center.aspx

___________President Obama - Approval Rating 1 Aug 2014
Options: 41 and Lower | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 and Over

http://www.gallup.com/video/172001/president-barack-obama-job-approval-higher-george-bush-midterm-second-term.aspx?utm_source=tagrss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=syndication
June 26, 2014
President Barack Obama's Job Approval Higher Than George W. Bush, at Midterm of Second Term
Gallup Editor-in-Chief Frank Newport compares President Barack Obama's job approval rating with other recent presidents' ratings at the midterm of their second terms.

Obama 41% Bush was 30%

But thats nothing congress is like 15% lol. That's impressive then again with all the bloody infighting everytime we see the Fiscal Cliff can see why the President is more popular mumbles ...
http://www.gallup.com/poll/1600/congress-public.aspx

Activity: 140
Merit: 110
bitcoinnaire
If someone can tell me what good and meaningful successes has President Obama had since being elected ... what Democrats can call as one success ?

I’m not judging Obama only want to summarize ...

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

Did you see the news that Holder resigned today? He was "advised" to do so.
Nothing in his administration has done any good for anyone, I tried signing up for the ACA and it would have raped me financially HAD I THE MONEY TO DO SO.

Also I'm repub.

But that's not the point. I probably would like the guy outside the presidency, hell I'd probably hang out with him. He seems like a really nice guy.

Also I read an interesting article about how he used conversational hypnosis to make people vote for him in the first election, I wish I still had that link.

Basically here's the gist of his presidency:

Scandal
Scandal
Scandal
"I got Osama whooppeee"
"Attends 90000 basketball games with celebs"
"Nothing gets done"

I'm sorry I just have a sore spot for Obama.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Kia ora!
Yes your country needs a new president to start shitting on.
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Well hes about to help student loan debts right.  I guess thats 1 step in the right direction.

Hum.. no he is not.  He is still making them 100% impossible to default on and pushes the idea that if you don't spend $100,000's you'll never get a good job..  Then you find out after you're in so much debt nothing can save you that the awesome sauce job you went to school for and went in massive debt for pays 25% more than the factory you could of started at 4 years ago.

You can pay the loans back over a longer time now though with out getting a black mark on your record!! YAY!!!!  .....  welcome debt slaves to our new wonderful world.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Well hes about to help student loan debts right.  I guess thats 1 step in the right direction.
Pages:
Jump to: