Pages:
Author

Topic: What good things has Obama had since he is elected ? - page 5. (Read 11557 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Fixing the US Economy
Winning the war in Iraq

But the fact is that he started a new one with Libya ...
A lot of people would say for Obama. A wolf in sheep's clothing

I just had to comment on this..

Winning the war in Iraq... That's like saying my High school basketball team did things because we dummied the 6yo rec team.  Like not even middle school the pre school team...
You went into a country that had maybe 5 tanks and beat them... SUCH IMPRESSIVE...
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon

Axelrod: Obama’s Approval Rating In The Toilet Because Voters Lack Brain Power To Appreciate How Smart He Is…

President Obama’s approval ratings continue to sink to fresh lows as a growing number of Americans turn away from the harbinger of the tired and worn-out message of “hope and change.”

But it’s not because of the White House’s ham-fisted handling of a myriad of scandals, including the Internal Revenue Service’s targeting of conservative groups, the 2012 terrorist attacks on U.S. facilities in Benghazi, Libya, the National Security Agency’s ever-growing surveillance program, the White House’s decision to circumvent Congress and release five Taliban officers in exchange Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl or the still-brewing scandal involving the Department of Veterans Affairs.

No, here love died between voters and the president because he’s just too darn complex, or so says David Axelrod, a former senior adviser to the president.

National Review’s Rich Lowry flagged this gem of a quote in a recent New York Times article:

Reagan significantly changed the trajectory of the country for better and worse. But he restored a sense of clarity. Bush and Cheney were black and white, and after them, Americans wanted someone smart enough to get the nuances and deal with complexities. Now I think people are tired of complexity and they’re hungering for clarity, a simpler time. But that’s going to be hard to restore in the world today.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2550540/

Activity: 519
Merit: 500

So If I understand this well, the poorest Americans will have to wait after those 300 000 new people will be "serviced" before them because it is a just cause?

Probably you don't understand this well.  But who knows?  I'm just guessing about this, and going by my observation that such 'understandings' are usually a result of pumped up right wing echo chamber nonsense and more than a bit of predisposition toward such beliefs.

While we wait for my understanding to materialize here are the data, right wing echo chamber free, if you chose to believe it is, of course Smiley
I can understand why some liberals would see this as a positive and genius move from obama. Too bad about all those children who died or turned into food rapist. "Can't make an omelette without breaking some young south american eggs" could be the new motto from the O's cheerleaders...

My comment was more toward the veracity of the suggestion that support to Americans was going to cease resulting in seniors adopting a diet of cat-food until we bought every S. American refugee a Porche or whatever gibberish Fox News is forcing down the throats of their gullible audience.

Fact is that immigration is widely used by the business class to force down wages, and that is very likely a big part of the 'problem' which has mysteriously proven so 'intractable' over the decades.  From the 'Liberal' standpoint this 'problem' is nothing but one more in a countless string of examples of Obama being indistinguishable (if not worse) than any other political who is totally beholden to corporate interests.

Again, the question in my mind is whether this whether there is a direct link to the military/industrial component given the interesting age cohort observable with this latest 'immigration problem.'  Americans do seem to be getting fed up with their own kids coming back from the edges of the empire without all of their limbs.  Presumably it would not be that big a deal if it were some immigrant kid doing his duty in the service of America who took the brunt of this damage.  Especially if we could dump them back to their country of origin if they ended up injured and costing tax dollars.

You do realize that these kids will be citizens very shortly.  They will get minimum wage jobs in border states.  Look what just happened to the minimum wage in San Diego.  All that cheap labor as you call it will unionize in 5 seconds thanks to SEIU and force companies (at least those that don't have government holding back the union leashes) to basically do wealth redistribution (whether you're for it or against it).

I agree the CEOs make way too much considering they are not being held responsible when something bad happens (they take the 5th).  The boards of publicly held companies having turned into crony capitalism - and Obama is currently king of such a jester court (previously Haliburton via Bush/Cheney).
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
Probably you don't understand this well.  But who knows?  I'm just guessing about this...
Those of us that live in the border areas don't need the help of your guesswork.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
My comment was more toward the veracity of the suggestion that support to Americans was going to cease resulting in seniors adopting a diet of cat-food until we bought every S. American refugee a Porche or whatever gibberish Fox News is forcing down the throats of their gullible audience.

Fact is that immigration is widely used by the business class to force down wages, and that is very likely a big part of the 'problem' which has mysteriously proven so 'intractable' over the decades.  From the 'Liberal' standpoint this 'problem' is nothing but one more in a countless string of examples of Obama being indistinguishable (if not worse) than any other political who is totally beholden to corporate interests.

Again, the question in my mind is whether this whether there is a direct link to the military/industrial component given the interesting age cohort observable with this latest 'immigration problem.'  Americans do seem to be getting fed up with their own kids coming back from the edges of the empire without all of their limbs.  Presumably it would not be that big a deal if it were some immigrant kid doing his duty in the service of America who took the brunt of this damage.  Especially if we could dump them back to their country of origin if they ended up injured and costing tax dollars.

This which you wrote, is a rather strange concoction of illogic, fantasy, and shreds of fact aligned with  each other regardless of the lack of meaning in so doing.
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276

So If I understand this well, the poorest Americans will have to wait after those 300 000 new people will be "serviced" before them because it is a just cause?

Probably you don't understand this well.  But who knows?  I'm just guessing about this, and going by my observation that such 'understandings' are usually a result of pumped up right wing echo chamber nonsense and more than a bit of predisposition toward such beliefs.

While we wait for my understanding to materialize here are the data, right wing echo chamber free, if you chose to believe it is, of course Smiley
I can understand why some liberals would see this as a positive and genius move from obama. Too bad about all those children who died or turned into food rapist. "Can't make an omelette without breaking some young south american eggs" could be the new motto from the O's cheerleaders...

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/05/border-meltdown-obama-delivering-290000-illegals-to-u-s-homes/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, it does make one wonder if this whole influx of young Hispanics is an implementation of the supposed strategy to use Central Americans as our primary bullet-stoppers at the far flung corners of our empire.  Time will tell.

Deportation data won't dispel rumors drawing migrant minors to U.S.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-deport-children-20140706-story.html#page=1

Activity: 519
Merit: 500
What I find comical here in Southern California is the local TV stations showing Hispanics protesting that the kids should be allowed to stay.  I know about 100 Hispanic families, 6 of them very closely. 5 of those families have been here for more than 3 generations.  Of the 10 or so families that I've spoken about this issue to in casual conversation, 7 want the kids deported.  5 of those 7 families are the ones that have the long roots here.  2 Cubans, 2 Mexicans, 1 Guatemalan.

I guess when you identify yourself as an American you see it as cheating the system. When you identify it as a Mexican or El Salvadoran living in the US you see it as a humanitarian issue.

If you identify yourself as a politician you see it as more votes LOL
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276

http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/05/border-meltdown-obama-delivering-290000-illegals-to-u-s-homes/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, it does make one wonder if this whole influx of young Hispanics is an implementation of the supposed strategy to use Central Americans as our primary bullet-stoppers at the far flung corners of our empire.  Time will tell.

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
No WW3 and no draft? Okay, so far we are good to go! Cheesy

Yep.. Only drones on countless children and their family... and some terrorists of course. We are good to go...  Grin

Activity: 924
Merit: 511
No WW3 and no draft? Okay, so far we are good to go! Cheesy
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

So when bill Clinton enacted don't ask don't tell and Obama never said he was against it was he an hypocrite back then? While he was against gay mariage there was someone else who was for it: dick Cheney... Strange isn't it...

I don't recall what Obama said when he was 32 years old in 1994 when DADT was enacted.  I know he used to be against gay marriage.  I also know the difference between him and Cheney is that when Cheney was in a position to actually make a difference on the issue - he did nothing except say he loved his (gay) daughter.  Obama is a hypocrite on a lot of issues - HUGE SHOCK!  A POLITICIAN IS A HYPOCRITE!!!

My post pointed out that there are some good things (in the eyes of many) that Obama has done.  It also pointed out that the economy is no where as close to what it was in 2008. 

You didn't post anything to dispute that.   You wanted to go off on a rant against the ACA - so good on you.

If your definition of a good economy is to print 85 Billions of new bills every month and artificially pumping wall Street while every days food for every day people keep climbing, it would seem to me you are for the 1% and too bad for the poorest of the poor. You may have a point on that hypocrite notion for obama being a liar though... We can agree on that Grin

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

So when bill Clinton enacted don't ask don't tell and Obama never said he was against it was he an hypocrite back then? While he was against gay mariage there was someone else who was for it: dick Cheney... Strange isn't it...

I don't recall what Obama said when he was 32 years old in 1994 when DADT was enacted.  I know he used to be against gay marriage.  I also know the difference between him and Cheney is that when Cheney was in a position to actually make a difference on the issue - he did nothing except say he loved his (gay) daughter.  Obama is a hypocrite on a lot of issues - HUGE SHOCK!  A POLITICIAN IS A HYPOCRITE!!!

My post pointed out that there are some good things (in the eyes of many) that Obama has done.  It also pointed out that the economy is no where as close to what it was in 2008. 

You didn't post anything to dispute that.   You wanted to go off on a rant against the ACA - so good on you.
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
People have very short memories.   The absolute tailspin the economy was in back in 2008 can't be described in a forum post.  Failures of investment banks, AIG, the auto industry on the verge of utter collapse.

It's very easy for people to have their opinions "on paper".  Let the auto industry fail...that's how markets work.  Who cares that the economy was circling the drain, let's just throw a million more people out the door.   Let AIG fail, who cares that 50 million people would wake up with no car/home insurance and their employer can't transport goods to market.  

I personally feel Obama should be charged for his targeted killing of American's overseas, and am less than happy with the targeting of whistle blowers and constant creep into privacy being eroded.

Naomi Wolf had a documentary called "The End Of America" where, under GW Bush she talked about a lot of the parallels occurring in the early 2000's that were reminiscent to nazi germany, east germany, the soviet union and other dictatorships.  (People spying on each other, paramilitary groups etc) An important point she made, was that once you give up something to the government, the next guy in line isn't exactly going to be forthcoming to give it back.  Obama has taken every inch given to him by the previous POTUS, and whomever follows Obama will do the same.

If you believe folks are born gay, then allowing them to serve in the military openly is something Obama did positive.   If you (like I) have family who have a child with a genetic illness, you can now buy health insurance for them - that's because of Obama.   Credit card companies have stricter rules if they're going to just try to bump up your rates, that's because of Obama.

To say that things are worse (economy) now than in 2008 is just flat out wrong.  To say that Obama has done nothing positive, is also wrong.   
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
See no good, hear no good, speak no good.  Long for the days of losing 700,0000 jobs per month.  Change the way we have historically tallied unemployment to make the numbers all look worse.

92 million americans.....many of which are children and retired baby boomers.   But the number sure sounds awful.  There are more people working today than in 2009.   That is driving you nuts.

Pew also found that 52% of Solid Liberals "have college degrees and 21% have graduate degrees" while "45% say if they could live anywhere they wanted, they would live in a city." While 93% of Solid Liberals believe that "stricter" environmental regulations are worth the cost, only "12% say the description 'hunter, fisher or sportsman' fits them well, the lowest share of any typology group."
Conservatives are significantly prouder to be Americans.
Pew's survey found that "81% of Business Conservatives and 72% of Steadfast Conservatives say the phrase 'often feel proud to be American' describes them well." Pew also concluded that the "feelings of pride in being American – and a belief that honor and duty are core values – are much more widespread among the two conservative groups than the other typology groups."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/07/04/Pew-Survey-60-of-Solid-Liberals-Not-Proud-to-Be-Americans

------------------------------------------------------
Hot dogs, burgers and Bud! Wink

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Some 2 million Americans lost their jobs shortly before Barack Obama took office, but make no mistake: they lost them precisely because he was about to do so. And to argue against that is to demonstrate colossal ignorance as to what a business owner's first job is, which is to see around the corner and position his business for what is coming.

And business owners saw Obama coming. They saw Pelosi's and Reid's increased power coming, too. They feared that trifecta so much that they went ahead and fired about 2 million people between Election Day 2008 and the inauguration. They were too scared to wait until Obama was actually sworn in.

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504
Well I guess when people are forced to work two jobs at 30 hours each just to make a living wage, you can call that a success story for the US economy. Good job to our leaders for creating these opportunities for the masses by burdening the employers who offer decent jobs with these asinine laws and regulations. Small businesses are suffering, people are financially stressed to the limit, and those government reports sure do make everybody feel better about it!
legendary
Activity: 1568
See no good, hear no good, speak no good.  Long for the days of losing 700,0000 jobs per month.  Change the way we have historically tallied unemployment to make the numbers all look worse.

92 million americans.....many of which are children and retired baby boomers.   But the number sure sounds awful.  There are more people working today than in 2009.   That is driving you nuts.

There's no doubt that the u3 unemployment numbers reported in the media are far from accurate as they only account for a small percentage of unemployed. If the the entire u1-u6 numbers were used as the unemployment numbers, unemployment percentage would easily jump by 6 percent, by conservative estimates.
Not to mention these so-called created jobs are lower wage and minimum wage jobs, not the middle class lifting element that we've seen in the past. The ones that are great are typically contract positions that last for a short time and are usually benefiting to those that have been in the job market for decades and/or newly retired folks. There's a whole generation (millenials) that have next to no opportunities our of high school or those that graduate college w/ a 2 or 4 yr degree that have loans w/o jobs in the line of work they went to school for. So, there's a very limited supply of younger people having families in a responsible way that can afford to buy even starter homes, let alone buy the houses of all the Boomers retiring. It's not just Obama to blame but the entire ruling and political class current and past that have used the system for their advantage at the expense of main street. There's no way to defend the amount of spending that's been going on abroad or here at home thinking that's a way to future prosperity and I can't believe there's anyone into cryptos that truly buys into any of that.
Pages:
Jump to: