Pages:
Author

Topic: what happens if the bitcoin disappear ? - page 15. (Read 13695 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
January 24, 2016, 09:37:48 AM
I doubt it will disappear. Let's remember that all coins will be mined in 100 years from now so it will be here for a long time to stay. This was a very well thought thing to do by Satoshi.
Yes, Satoshi's idea of this digital and cryptography based currency does not reside on a single computer. So, no force will disturb it. And as OP is talking about after 10 years, then there will be laws made for them, so it will be not easy for it to disappear.
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
January 24, 2016, 05:35:48 AM
I doubt it will disappear. Let's remember that all coins will be mined in 100 years from now so it will be here for a long time to stay. This was a very well thought thing to do by Satoshi.
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
January 24, 2016, 03:17:57 AM
May be another coin will replace bitcoin's place.

I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large
(bitcoin) transaction volume or no volume.
Hope bitcoin will not fail as it have more adoption even now

It won't occur any time. Bitcoin has supported human gain knowledge about a developing technology along with an earning which no one can get and best part is that, it had come across various fluctuations and price downfall crisis. At that time also people believed in it so with those hope still going on successfully. So we can better doesn't need to discuss upon the disappear of Bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
January 24, 2016, 03:16:52 AM

Even if there are bitcoins that were mined earlier, they won't be worth if nobody uses them just like the coins that existed years ago but are just lying with us like memories. Bitcoins will be lying in our wallet but we wn't be able to spend them anywhere and this thought is itself saddening as it is the first ever popular crypto currency that became so popular.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
January 24, 2016, 02:49:45 AM
not sure bitcoin will be dissapear. what is the reason btc dissapear?
year by year pass and bitcoin become more larger and famous..
well if that happen ,i just go back to the first time i dont know btc...go work in real life and buy something without btc using another type of online transaction...
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
January 24, 2016, 02:22:56 AM
what happens if the next 10 years, bitcoin disappeared and worthless?

for 10 years maybe still too early to bitcoin be unused and disappear, period of bitcoin will be at the start, so prepare yourself mate
Activity: 770
January 24, 2016, 02:15:52 AM
May be another coin will replace bitcoin's place.

I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large
(bitcoin) transaction volume or no volume.
Hope bitcoin will not fail as it have more adoption even now
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
January 24, 2016, 02:01:55 AM
I think it's not possible that bitcoin will disappear except the internet is gone.

IF there's no one using bitcoin, then there will be another great cryptocurrency that could compete with bitcoin. So people will use that crypto currency.

There always be Alternatives.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
January 24, 2016, 01:39:33 AM
I think it will not happen, many people are alive because bitcoin, perhaps almost 1 million people work full in bitcoin, impossible bitcoin will disappear.

Nobody is alive because of bitcoins but yes I agree that bitcoins have proved to be the source of income for many and hence it has been a currency that has proved its worth. Everything is mortal in this world and so is bitcoins IMO.

@OP: I doubt bitcoin would be worthless in the next 10 years but if is, I hope we have a new crypto currency that is better in terms of volatality and legality.
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Crypto.games
January 23, 2016, 11:47:44 PM

In next 10 years... I dont believe bitcoin will disappear by then,
maybe in next 90 yrs. or more.but if bitcoin will disappear.
millions or billions of dollars will be lost. and
 A lot of people , will lose their source of income. also,
It will be just a proof that bitcoin is a scam like the not bitcoin believer people,always saying.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
January 23, 2016, 11:41:09 PM
It would be dodge coin time.
Activity: 574
January 23, 2016, 11:28:50 PM
good answer  Grin
Activity: 742
January 23, 2016, 03:28:40 PM
for me nothing too much would happen, i dont have vast amounts of bitcoins what means that i wouldnt lose a lot of money, also, besides that i think all people would go back to the regular money we have

May be it could this case for you, but not for everyone else, because from this Bitcoin's community there is a lot invested huge amounts into Bitcoin's projects (mining, trading and so on) so i don't think they can stop supporting and advertising this powerful crypto currency everywhere
legendary
Activity: 1246
!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!
January 23, 2016, 02:58:33 PM
for me nothing too much would happen, i dont have vast amounts of bitcoins what means that i wouldnt lose a lot of money, also, besides that i think all people would go back to the regular money we have

Don't say that, because even if you possess BTC0.01, you possess a very big value of BTC that you will witness in future... Wink
Bitcoins won't disappear but will grow way above where they are currently, based on the adoption being done and people getting added more and more day-by-day...
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
January 23, 2016, 02:46:02 PM
If bitcoin disappears, this means another altcoin took its place. Maybe one of the altcoins nowadays shine enough to overtake bitcoin but we'll never know exactly what.

when e-gold dissapeared, Liberty Reserve took place, when LR disappeared, BTC arose.

If BTC will value zero, other e-currency will replace it. The Dark Market needs a payment system. Smiley

emh, egold was centralized and completely flawed, there is no comaprison with bitcoin

bitcoin disappearing is more equal to internet disappearing = not gonna happen, i'm talking about the technology behind bitcoin not bitcoin itself
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
January 23, 2016, 02:07:50 PM
legendary
Activity: 1246
!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!
January 23, 2016, 02:02:35 PM
If bitcoin disappears, this means another altcoin took its place. Maybe one of the altcoins nowadays shine enough to overtake bitcoin but we'll never know exactly what.

No alts can take place of BTC as it is parent coin, and as much as it gets older, it will itself shine more becoming Gold in real sense...
Bitcoins are the most known and adopted cryptos amongst all having the most capitalization, so saying that an alt would come and take its place would be sarcastic...
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
January 23, 2016, 02:23:53 AM
I doubt that bitcoin will ever disappear, altcoins just come and go they can never replace bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048
January 23, 2016, 02:07:24 AM

i dont know,i am also sure that no one know what excatly happen in next 10 years,i just guess that bitcoin will more popular and much more people use and adopt bitcoin,because on past week i found some forex users start to asking about bitcoin,and i'm sure many people from other forum also do that.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004
January 23, 2016, 12:25:16 AM

when e-gold dissapeared, Liberty Reserve took place, when LR disappeared, BTC arose.

If BTC will value zero, other e-currency will replace it. The Dark Market needs a payment system. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: