Pages:
Author

Topic: what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down? - page 2. (Read 34295 times)

Activity: 688
Merit: 106
Well we will not longer be able to trade in Bitcoin although if the internet completely went down then we are in for a storm of problems.
If internet goes down there is lot of problem facing by bitcoin because internet is the bridge to transact in bitcoin if it goes down how we can trade. No internet no bitcoin and no income to earn. I thank to God that we have internet to use for bitcoin.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
If internet goes down , it will be a big clash for investors and workers. Because We can live without internet but when we use bitcoin then there will be a big issue if there is no internet connection and It wil be very pathetic for us.
Activity: 949
Merit: 48
That will be a big mist to bitcoin users and bitcoin around the world. It will gonna be a big problem, we all know bitcoin is a digital currency that relay on the internet connection. This might be a big disaster to bitcoin world and to all have connection to internet world.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
It is obvious that bitcoin will not be usable because aside from the miners that are mining the blocks to keep the network of bitcoin running is the internet where all the energy of bitcoin came so if there is no internet then the bitcoin will be useless and this is the worst day to expect that there will be day that the internet will go down because it will bring a lot of losses.
Activity: 140
face to face trades? Of course there must be a way to broadcast the transaction anyways. And as said on previous topics, if there is no internet service, we probably have bigger things to worry about.
While Bitcoin is one of the most resilient pieces of software around, it requires the availability of the internet in order to operate. In the unlikely case of a complete Internet shutdown Bitcoin will go down with it, however not all will be lost.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
If the internet goes down, Bitcoin is rendered useless, you pretty much can't do anything. The Internet is so widely used today, worldwide, that a total collapse would set us back for decades!

I agree, but we also have an offline storage for bitcoin, so to those who uses offline storage's can still be able to use their bitcoin but their bitcoin in their online wallet will left there and become useless since there is no internet connection that can transact bitcoin everywhere.
Activity: 182
When internet goes down or totally shutdown then there's nothing we can do with it because it the only way we can access in cryptocurrency world..hoping it will not happen, because I believe there's way so that it will not happen.
Activity: 168
I think the Internet has long played an important role in economic, social, political, recreational and technological change. Of course, bitcoin and the crypto market generated from online technology, all exchanges, sending and receiving are all dependent on the internet. Therefore, the broken internet will cause huge damage, all activities are stopped. I think the world will not let this happen.
Activity: 188
Merit: 12
If the internet is down, it's obvious that we can't access bitcoin again. Bitcoin will dead i think, since there will be no one using it again.
We can't check our bitcoin, manage it, buy or sell it anymore without internet.
It's the only way to access bitcoin so when internet is over, bitcoin will be over too. Except there's a way to use bitcoin without internet.
Activity: 638
Merit: 300
given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is how do we trade bitcoin during this time if we can't access internet.

home internet and mobile internet goes down
Bitcoin network completely breaks down. no hash power, no node. no confirmation, then we have to go cash, like dollar, euro.

when internet is gone we can't do bitcoin as well. This a blockchain technology, it can only be done through internet or online transaction. so the life of bitcoin is internet and computer and power without them bitcoin will die too. everything that we do in here needs internet conmection.
Activity: 290
Merit: 100
it will definitely crash down together with internet. Bitcoin solely survives thru the internet. Without internet, cryptocurrencies will have no platform for any activity since Bitcoins have no physical counterparts.

Nothing will happen to bitcoin, bitcoin will stay bitcoin even if the internet will shut down, the right question is, what would happen to us if the internet will shut down, that would be a headache since we can't access bitcoin without internet, we can't do Trading and whatever stuffs we are doing to earn cryptocurrencies(though internet shutting down seems impossible in this age).
Activity: 32
Aside from the gadgets, we need internet connection in order for us to open our bitcoin account. If the internet goes down, of course the bitcoin can be affect. The transaction of money will be affected, it will getting low. The bitcoin price will decrease and i think the bitcoin will gone. It's hard to know what are the updates. I am pretty sure that if the internet goes down, the bitcoin will gone.
Activity: 81
given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

home internet and mobile internet goes down

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away
Without the Internet, bitcoin would have lost its existence and would not be able to trade and die.
But I don't think the Internet will disappear unless there is a nuclear war all over the world.
Activity: 812
Merit: 510
All of us will lose our bitcoin forever because there would be no way to access bitcoin as it is all stored in online wallets like coinbase and when internet comes back everything will fall because no one would demand it and all our hard earned savings will go in vein , i just hope such a situation never occurs otherwise we all are finished and nothing could work out
Activity: 238
Merit: 57
First going of internet down is not possible in the whole world because if such accident happen then it will be recover soon as possible while if internet down in the whole world then it means bitcoin will also down because bitcoin access is only possible to users if they have internet access.
Activity: 162
Merit: 2
Wouldn't it freeze and resume after going back online...if blockchain is down how can anything change
Activity: 196
Merit: 11
If the internet services goes down or shutdown; there will be a big and serious problem that the company and management of bitcoin will face.
I think they should consider offline wallet in order to solution this problem incase this thing happen .
Yes your opinion is true and I agree with your opinion.
It's over if the internet service starts to jam because it can automatically block the way bitcoin to be our source of income each month. So I think if bitcoin service starts to jam then we should really take coin coin that there is a trumpet and then we sell all before there is news about internet jams.

Then the price you sell all your coin is very low.
No further notice that will be happen regarding the internet dies. If its down, i think no formal notice regarding that. It migh affect loss to every user because the coin is stuck.
Activity: 50
If internet goes down then bitcoin will need to suffer. As bitcoin transactions require internet.
Activity: 162
Merit: 2
Shit what happens if Trump gets a second term is more of an immediate danger  Shocked
Activity: 101
It's will not happen because internet never die. Cheer!
Pages:
Jump to: