Pages:
Author

Topic: What I do before buying an altcoin! - page 34. (Read 4179 times)

Activity: 114
Merit: 12
February 05, 2018, 12:48:58 PM
So I thoght this could be of help for some that also in search so they will also be inspired .. maybe they could also ad stuff arround here that could be of help!

Research it takes a few days/weeks so if u're in this fase take your time.

1.Forum search about the coin;
2.Join the telegram group and try to interact with the members;
3.Try to make a post on the forum and also see the crowd sentiment;
4.See some data on coinmarketcap.com , : https://icodrops.com/ , https://icorating.com/
5.Watch this tool from investing.com - find here the explination: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29503403
**LATER EDIT:
6. Team - research moust of the members on linkedin and google , also the backers or advisors.

Doing this can be of help to get a sense of a really good buy... at least this is what  I do.

What are your thoughts ? How do you do it??

Cheers!
If you are investing it for long term, you have to focus more research on the team behind the project because they are the one who will handle it and other research is just secondary. If you justify that this team can deliver what they trying to achieve then time to do more research on roadmaps and the idea if it is possible and realistic.
Activity: 313
Merit: 11
February 05, 2018, 10:50:34 AM
So I thoght this could be of help for some that also in search so they will also be inspired .. maybe they could also ad stuff arround here that could be of help!

4.See some data on coinmarketcap.com , : https://icodrops.com/ , https://icorating.com/
5.Watch this tool from investing.com - find here the explination: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29503403
**LATER EDIT:
6. Team - research moust of the members on linkedin and google , also the backers or advisors.

Doing this can be of help to get a sense of a really good buy... at least this is what  I do.

Cheers!

thats exactly what im doing by the way just add reading the whitepaper of the coin or token to determined if the alts is a good project.
doing research first before investing in a project is low risk and you will confident of your investment.
Activity: 574
Merit: 100
February 05, 2018, 10:35:57 AM

**LATER EDIT:

Cheers!

Don't forget to make a plan regarding your investments, make a visual timeline of your expectation and actions whenever certain scenario happens which will make you less surprised and more ready for unwanted events. Know that the market are ever changing and the faith to your altcoin is important but it wouldn't hurt you to have a plan or two.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
February 05, 2018, 10:32:34 AM

**LATER EDIT:

Cheers!
You almost got it,but you should be researching about the whitepaper and roadmap of the project,the product itself if it has some use in real world which will make this project to achieve success.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
February 05, 2018, 10:21:03 AM
team research is very important. some scam coins using random photos in the internet instead of team photos. i am just searching these photos with google. this could be a lifesaver.
Activity: 392
Merit: 12
The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi
February 05, 2018, 10:19:04 AM
It is a good checklist if you plan to buy some coin and hold it. For short term speculation it will be enough to go through the official site and social media. Buy at low,  sell at high. Pretty clear and fast.
Activity: 379
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain
February 05, 2018, 09:59:12 AM
all the infomations that you shared are neccessary before you buy an altcoin, but i think you have to learn how to control your emotions. that's one of the most reason that make people lose money
Activity: 462
Good Morning
February 05, 2018, 07:21:00 AM
Before investing money in a coin, I look at the white sheet, the road map, check the social network, I look at the presence of the site.
And only after that I start weighing all the pros and cons)
Activity: 518
February 05, 2018, 07:09:53 AM
As for me, I do all the things you have enumerated, but I also spend some time (2-3 hours) in the evening, after work, to watch the latest videos from crypto bloggers. It helps me a lot in making this choice.
Activity: 518
February 05, 2018, 04:44:49 AM
Before buying any altcoin, make sure to researcj first about the altcoin, their social media accounts (facebook & twitter account ) , how many followers do they have , are they active posting new about their recent events, check their whitepaper, good roadmap and the profiles of peoplw behind the ICO.
Merit: 18
February 05, 2018, 04:17:18 AM
Good information for beginners . And you are right before you buy something, examine what you take . Which team is behind the project , what is project as actively going development and promotion of the project . So many factors affect the growth

Thanks, yea it's not a receipt for each case but it might be of help doing such things before and not find yourself in bad project
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
February 04, 2018, 03:47:01 AM
Good information for beginners . And you are right before you buy something, examine what you take . Which team is behind the project , what is project as actively going development and promotion of the project . So many factors affect the growth
Merit: 18
February 04, 2018, 03:39:40 AM
This forum literally helps individual to understand the process to make trading. In very generous manner this topic is been updated. I personally would like to acquire more information if anyone has a unique strategy which can he helpful for others as well. I'd like add.one more thing if anyone can answer about mining as well including this topic.
Cheers

Thanks , yea this was the main idea so that we could give each other some advices in order to make things , the right way
Activity: 434
Merit: 105
February 03, 2018, 05:28:20 PM
First I am searching about the coin. I am looking for any information on any place I can get it from.
Before I buy I am considering:

1. Total supply
2. Popularity.
3. The main idea/ the goal of the project
4. The team behind it
5. Community

If I am happy with all of the above I will proceed. If I don't like something I will just pass.
Activity: 78
Merit: 3
Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io
February 03, 2018, 05:09:33 PM
This forum literally helps individual to understand the process to make trading. In very generous manner this topic is been updated. I personally would like to acquire more information if anyone has a unique strategy which can he helpful for others as well. I'd like add.one more thing if anyone can answer about mining as well including this topic.
Cheers
Activity: 294
Merit: 13
February 03, 2018, 04:59:31 PM
Each altcoin has something special and unique, but for me very important the purpose of the company that offers its own cryptocurrency. Their advantage over others and feature.
Activity: 29
February 03, 2018, 04:36:33 PM
I definitely feel like there are more measurable qualities like you mentioned, but you should definitely
at least make a nod to some of the more subjective parts of a business. Questions like these:

How do they present themselves on the websites and whitepapers and print?

Do they use sensational language or hype advisers that aren't actually personally invested in the project?

Are they using language that implies any false claims about projected return rates or promises of short
term gains without supplying proof that they have been successful before?

Think about their presentation - How does their market strategy reveal their attitude towards their
customer vs their attitude towards their investors? Do they seem genuinely interested in a quality
product?

Are they talking about other companies when they describe themselves or are they focusing on
a unique vision and trying to target a specific area of expertise or quality in the service/product.
A beginner company trying to accomplish too much too fast will have a much harder time making
an entry without serious quantities of investment. Think about companies with a single quality
product or service and about teams with relevant experience for that product or service.

Quality products have the best chance of being appealing to long term customers, which is where your
returns will probably come from!

This advice also assumes you're interested in investing for the long game though.
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund
February 03, 2018, 04:12:43 PM
I usually go on CMC, go through the historical data to analyse the previous price point and if there is some sort of consistency. If there is, I check out the social media pages to ensure they are active.

That's right, coinmarketcap.com is the best place to visit if you're going to put your money in Cryptocurrency market because coins are volatile and investing will give you a lot of money risks that even turn your money into nothing.
Coinmarketcap.com is the list of coins that are being circulated and already holding value, those coins already hit Cryptocurrency exchanges and people would prefer the history of each coin through this site because it's more accurate than any other sources.
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund
February 03, 2018, 04:09:15 PM
Buying Altcoin needs research and you'll spend much time on research because your hard earned money should not be put at risk.
Cryptocurrency is volatile that's why we need to know you coin first before putting our money.
I would suggest that you'll forget ICOs and refer Www.coinmarketcap.com because the coins that are being listed are the ones who passed and some kind of semi regulated and accredited coins that is worth the investments.
Activity: 42
February 03, 2018, 04:05:55 PM
I usually go on CMC, go through the historical data to analyse the previous price point and if there is some sort of consistency. If there is, I check out the social media pages to ensure they are active.
Pages:
Jump to: