Pages:
Author

Topic: What if bitcoin wasn't created? - page 28. (Read 2199 times)

Activity: 29
Merit: 6
January 31, 2018, 08:53:45 AM
The world would die, bitcoin is our savior, savior is the next step in our silly life, bitcoin is our future.
Activity: 154
Merit: 111
January 31, 2018, 08:49:51 AM
I think if bitcoin was not created, crypto currencies would not be known world wide and no other altcoins would be created. If there is no bitcoin, there are no millionaires because of bitcoin and maybe we don't have other source of income.
Activity: 770
Merit: 629
January 31, 2018, 08:41:21 AM
What if bitcoin wasn't created?
I was just wondering what would happen to the crypto world or would still cryptocurrency be this popular this day if bitcoin wasn't created?

Someone else would have done something similar.  Time was ripe.  Almost all elements were lying on the table.  However, history might have been quite different if the first inventor of a trustless token had not made certain choices that Satoshi has made.  In fact, there would have been smarter choices than making a speculative pyramid game ; on the other hand, maybe it is only because of the greed unlocked by such a pyramid game that it caught on. 

It's something you can't do twice.  The missed opportunities with bitcoin are missed for ever I think. 
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251
January 31, 2018, 08:37:09 AM
Hi,

I think that if bitcoin hadn't been created... It would have been created anyway.

What matters here, is not the name in itself. It could be called "frogby", it changes nothing. So I guess that if the "bitcoin" (with such name and the characteristics we know) hadn't been created, another crypto would have taken its place of "founder". Just because what matters with the bitcoin is not the name but the idea behind it. And if you consider the society we are living in, I cannot imagine a dimension in which nobody wants to challenge financial authorities and traditional banking! Wink

So actually, if bitcoin hadn't been created, it would exist anyway. And the current crypto situation would be quite similar I guess!
Activity: 75
Merit: 1
January 31, 2018, 08:25:24 AM
If Bitcoin wasn't invented it wouldn't make a big difference right now. I don't think Bitcoin is currently actively affecting a lot of lives. Sure, there are some exceptions but I think a majority of people see Bitcoin as a curiosity. In any case, paying with Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency doesn't seem that appealing to me when it's so volatile, and I think that it's going to take a while before any of the currencies are stable enough to be a payment method. Being a viable payment method would deliver on their promise to cut out the middleman, but at the moment cryptocurrencies mostly seem interesting to speculate on
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
January 31, 2018, 08:00:40 AM
i don't understand what you're saying because BTC was the first crypto coin ever created, if it wasn't created crypto wouldn't exist, easy.
Blockchain and others coins are here because of BTC, somebody would have invented something different but without BTC crypto world wouldn't be where it is now.
Activity: 350
Merit: 30
January 31, 2018, 07:58:51 AM
What if bitcoin wasn't created?
I was just wondering what would happen to the crypto world or would still cryptocurrency be this popular this day if bitcoin wasn't created?

There are a lot of changes happened because of bitcoin and it also change the way on how we look on cryptocurrencies. Because of this some government and bank owners were alarm because of the rising popularity of bitcoin and the other cryptocurrencies. Cryptocurrencies also help many people giving them works online and gets profit from invesments.

But what if Bitcoin wasn't created, where would you be right now?
What would happen to crpyto world?
Will the cryptocurrencies be as known as it is right now?
Pages:
Jump to: