Pages:
Author

Topic: What is going to replace bitcoin? - page 16. (Read 2038 times)

Activity: 556
Merit: 100
April 16, 2018, 10:03:14 AM
For me I don't think anyone can replace bitcoin us the foundation of cryptocurrency. Bitcoin can provide any cryptocurrency need,not because of Bitcoin suffering straggles in the last few months bitcoin will end.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
April 16, 2018, 09:45:16 AM
I think that no altcoins will replace bitcoin. This is the core of all cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 2422
Merit: 357
April 16, 2018, 09:14:18 AM
Bitcoin is still the master of all coins and even a strong etherium cannot replace it. Its dominance is still high until now and it will continue to rise in the future. Not unless the world will turn against it. But, altcoins can become the next bitcoin someday. Who knows?. For now, ill bet for etherium because its the second popular cryptocurrency here in our country.
Activity: 210
Merit: 11
April 16, 2018, 09:03:02 AM
I believe crypto is not going away but it looks like in the near future bitcoin is going to be a afterthought.   What coins do you think have a chance at replacing it and being adopted for use?
to talk about bitcoin replacement, it will be very hard to predict which one will be the best arrival to btc, because looking at the chart rightnow, we can see btc dominance is always more than 40%, while ETH and Ripple is too small to be compared with btc, i don't mean Altcoins will never be able to replace btc but they will have a very long time to fight against btc dominance.
Activity: 74
April 16, 2018, 08:23:13 AM
If any coin/token will be able to replace bitcoin after several years, I think that the most possible one is ethereum.
copper member
Activity: 106
Nebula Exchange Admin
April 16, 2018, 08:18:30 AM
It's gonna be hard to take the crown...

Especially if the lightning fork is a complete success imo.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
April 16, 2018, 05:44:50 AM
I still see nothing for now but it's really possible that bitcoin might be replaced. It could be bitcoin 2.0 with a new name or a coin that is supported by the masses, government, developers or etc.

Cryptocurrencies are evolving and everything could be happen anytime. So many of us are wondering what could replace the Bitcoin due to the fact that some cryptos has the potential to grow its value as the years are passing by. Also, they keep making innovations and upgrading the system. So, we never know what would happen in the future but there are a lots of potential crypto that has the chance to be its competitors.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
April 16, 2018, 04:26:45 AM
I still see nothing for now but it's really possible that bitcoin might be replaced. It could be bitcoin 2.0 with a new name or a coin that is supported by the masses, government, developers or etc.
Activity: 606
Merit: 108
April 16, 2018, 03:43:58 AM
I believe crypto is not going away but it looks like in the near future bitcoin is going to be a afterthought.   What coins do you think have a chance at replacing it and being adopted for use?
why can you think like that? I do not think anyone can replace Bitcoin, and in any market Bitcoin is always in position number one. Bitcoin is its parent and Altcoin and others are just an alternative to being able to get Bitcoin, I'm very sure Bitcoin will always be a sata number in cryptocurrency.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
April 16, 2018, 03:35:37 AM

I think that bitcoin is here to stay, and will remain a major coin for the foreseeable future. Maybe number one, maybe not, but certainly up near the top in cap.

And different coins have different uses, it's not a case of one coin fulfilling every role. For example ETH and XRP - ETH will never replace XRP for fast international banking payments, and XRP will never replace ETH for smart contracts.

It's not the case that there will be a single winner that fulfills every role.
Activity: 680
Merit: 103
April 16, 2018, 03:23:38 AM
I believe crypto is not going away but it looks like in the near future bitcoin is going to be a afterthought.   What coins do you think have a chance at replacing it and being adopted for use?
I'll going to pick ethereum. I believe that ethereum will replace bitcoin in the coming future because of it's price stability. And also it is capable of holdings a lot of erc20 tokens that is extremely useful for an ico projects.
Activity: 294
April 16, 2018, 03:08:29 AM
It would be very difficult for other coins to replace bitcoin position if any other coin that is able to replace bitcoin position will take a long time. Bitcoin will stay in place, and other coins will remain under bitcoin. Maybe you can make a backup investment in other than bitcoin, I think is suitable to be invested besides bitcoin ie Ethereum and BCH.
Activity: 616
Merit: 11
TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
April 16, 2018, 02:33:44 AM
It will be Ethereum for me.But maybe this will take for long long years since Bitcoin has lower total supply than Ethereum. I fully-believe ethereum will soon moon for it has a lot of capability and a smart contract and a plarform by countless famous tokens.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
April 16, 2018, 01:12:31 AM

Where do you think crypto is going? (Based on your question)

There are so many good altcoins out there that might beat Bitcoin someday, but ofcoarse we're not sure about our speculations or a guess. Many says, Ethereum will beat Bitcoin or it can be Litecoin. But I have a strong belief that it will be Ethereum.

Indeed many looks that say could replace the ethereum bitcoin. but of course, this needs to be a long time because of the bitcoin itself can also be easily moved. but there will be no one knows how the future later on how the fate of the bitcoin.
Activity: 770
Merit: 252
https://twitter.com/iambitboy
April 15, 2018, 11:31:47 PM
The only real rival is ETH, but the chances are low, something really extraordinary must happen so that BTC will looose 1st position.

In fact, ethereum is never going to replace bitcoin, there is no way that it can be better than it. To be honest, i do not understand those people who are always saying that ethereum is ten times better than bitcoin.. I like both coins.. but btc is always going to be the best one

Yeah i think that too, maybe the market cap becomes equal but it will never replace bitcoin... the coin who will replace bitcoin does not exist yet in my opinion, but time will tell
Activity: 1484
Merit: 535
April 15, 2018, 06:42:12 PM
The only real rival is ETH, but the chances are low, something really extraordinary must happen so that BTC will looose 1st position.

In fact, ethereum is never going to replace bitcoin, there is no way that it can be better than it. To be honest, i do not understand those people who are always saying that ethereum is ten times better than bitcoin.. I like both coins.. but btc is always going to be the best one
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
April 15, 2018, 06:37:08 PM
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001
April 15, 2018, 06:32:14 PM

I don't understand why you think that bitcoin will not remain the leader. I'm fully confident that bitcoin will be the most important coin for many years. Now I don't see any coins that could replace it.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
April 15, 2018, 04:37:11 PM
At the moment i think nothing will replace bitcoin for a very long time. He has the most acceptance worldwide and more and more people know bitcoin.
But bitcoin will not be alone. There will be other big coins besides bitcoin. I think it will continue for the next years.
Activity: 280
April 15, 2018, 04:30:11 PM
The coin that can replace bitcoin can only be Etherium. Also Ripple can do this by its marketcap
Pages:
Jump to: