Pages:
Author

Topic: What is going to replace bitcoin? - page 13. (Read 2038 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 15
www.cd3d.app
May 11, 2018, 10:56:15 AM
It will be incredibly difficult to replace bitcoin given the number of its holders. It is a coin with a positive history and positive dynamics of development. So far, no other crypto currency has achieved such success.
Activity: 588
Merit: 256
May 11, 2018, 10:26:28 AM
I believe crypto is not going away but it looks like in the near future bitcoin is going to be a afterthought.   What coins do you think have a chance at replacing it and being adopted for use?
many people believe that bitcoin will continue to grow so bitcoin becomes familiar to large and medium-sized investors who regard it as a very promising investment asset. it is highly unlikely that bitcoin just disappears, although there is always a new type of altcoin emerging but certainly will not replace the bitcoin position known as kryptocurrency king.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 601
The Martian Child
May 10, 2018, 12:54:24 AM
replace the bitcoin I guess will never exist and can't. bitcoin remains alive because it has a great demand as well. bitcoin annually still continue to grow. This will make the other altcoin will be increasingly difficult for the equivalent of the bitcoin.

It is understandable that bitcoin is a force to be reckon with. It always survive after too many attempts to bring it down. I also see great potential in it even short term and preferably long term. But we never know how some of these altcoins perform because everything in crypto is still very young. I don't mind some altcoins surpassing bitcoin but one thing is clear, bitcoin never dies. Well, at least not that easily after proving how strong its history.
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
May 10, 2018, 12:48:28 AM
replace the bitcoin I guess will never exist and can't. bitcoin remains alive because it has a great demand as well. bitcoin annually still continue to grow. This will make the other altcoin will be increasingly difficult for the equivalent of the bitcoin.
Activity: 208
Merit: 0
May 10, 2018, 12:33:41 AM
The future is uncertain, but at present Bitcoin still remains the greatest cryptocurrency. However, some analysts distinguish Litecoin as a possible crypto not to replace but to have equal standing as that of bitcoin but surely not in market value. Litecoin developer designed this coin as a response to the scalability problems witnessed by the bitcoin network. This altcoin is likewise perceived by many as the better transactional currency than bitcoin due to its faster transaction times and lower transaction fees. Litecoin has also witnessed less volatile price movements in comparison to other digital currencies.
As i see it, Litecoin will be a potential returns booster as well as a great diversifier to bitcoin and ethereum.

Activity: 406
Merit: 251
May 10, 2018, 12:21:16 AM
I'm not sure anyone can replace bitcoin, the future is something that is difficult to predict, you can not say something that will not necessarily happen in the future, but that does not mean I do not pay attention to problems like bitcoin that will disappear sometime, there will be replacements that have a variety of advantages, so get a good response from many people so they can adopt it, but it is a mere prediction of the fact that bitcoin can survive today because of some of the advantages it has, so every still trust and use bitcoin
Activity: 182
May 10, 2018, 12:04:31 AM
It looks like Bitcoin will not be replaced with other coins.
Bitcoin is the oldest coin and from its inception to the present day, Bitcoin remains a great coin with a high value.
Bitcoin will survive until whenever Bitcoin sophistication is very superior and there is no coin that can match it.
Bitcoin will not be replaced.
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
May 09, 2018, 11:54:12 PM
I believe crypto is not going away but it looks like in the near future bitcoin is going to be a afterthought.   What coins do you think have a chance at replacing it and being adopted for use?
If someday Bitcoin dies, I'm sure a coin that can replace Bitcoin is Ethereum coin. Ethereum is very worthy to replace Bitcoin. The more there are who like and believe in Ethereum. If the development of Ethereum from year to year is always fast and the price is always high. I'm sure Ethereum can be the best coin of all coins and Bitcoin can be replaced by Ethereum.
Activity: 826
Merit: 256
May 09, 2018, 11:44:24 PM
In order to replace bitcoin, altcoins should first try to match the achievements of bitcoin for the past years and reach its present  value. The would be challenger to bitcoin's throne should also independent from any bitcoin price fluctuations and can still rise even the price of other coins are going down. The existing group of altcoins have yet to show their capability of replacing altcoins and it might take more years before some of them can able to show the ability to match bitcoin's achievements.   
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
May 09, 2018, 11:22:15 PM
It could be a currency that is already existing or a currency that is yet to be created. No one knows for sure as there are so many currencies nowadays and so many are claiming to replace bitcoin but no one succeeded yet. Maybe someday when there would be a consensus among the people and decide to support a coin that is better than bitcoin then it would replace it. Along with the push by the whales, the support of the community of that coin and much better features compared to bitcoin then there is a chance for it to replace the king of cryptocurrency. Even though it is highly unlikely at the moment, we cannot still eliminate this possibility.
Activity: 2226
Merit: 848
May 09, 2018, 08:01:50 PM
Unlikely Bitcoin will be replaced. Bitcoin being the first, most trusted, most secure, the only coin synonymous with cryptocurrency in general, didn't come from an ICO, doesn't hard fork every few months while ignoring consensus like some coins, advancing technologically slowly but safely and surely, has no leader since Satoshi left and is therefore its influence and power is even more decentralized.

There is not a single other coin on the market that is even close to it in these regards. Most coins coming out over the past year or so are either niche product tokens, are centralized in some way, are of experimental tech that may not pan out, are forks that are just power/money grabs, and likely no one will care about them in 5 or 10 years.

Plenty of coins aren't even competing with Bitcoin, they are trying to take a different part of the crypto space, like application tokens or dApps platforms. Nearly all altcoins that are directly competing with Bitcoin like its forks and other alts focused just on payments are some combination of either centralized in some way or doing things like advancing tech without a thought about security.

For a decentralized source of money you want it to be highly secure, very resistant to change, and have no one in complete control of it. That's Bitcoin.
If you see a coin hard forking a lot that means you can't trust it to be money. If you see a coin with a few people in total control of the direction and make changes with no consensus you can't trust it as money. If you see a coin where the founders own a very significant portion of the supply you can't trust it as money.

The only real challenger I can think of that is like Bitcoin but much less popular is Litecoin.

The more time that passes the more Bitcoin becomes engrained as THE cryptocurrency. There is only one bitcoin. There are like 1600 or so altcoins. The likelihood that one of them will beat all the others and then replace Bitcoin is very unlikely. Not impossible, but I'd say it's like a 5% chance.
Activity: 55
Merit: 53
May 09, 2018, 07:53:10 PM
I believe crypto is not going away but it looks like in the near future bitcoin is going to be a afterthought.   What coins do you think have a chance at replacing it and being adopted for use?

According to several recent Twitter polls, GoldCoin (GLD) will be the consumer favorite.

https://twitter.com/realmicroguy/status/993820004285145089
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
Market Integration Platform
May 09, 2018, 07:38:11 PM
I believe crypto is not going away but it looks like in the near future bitcoin is going to be a afterthought.   What coins do you think have a chance at replacing it and being adopted for use?

Everything will depend on the big players. Where they will transfer their funds, there will be a new top coin.
Activity: 84
May 09, 2018, 06:55:09 PM

Are you talking about price? Because, no one can replace Bitcoin, he is a pioneer and will always be the number one. By popularity with him, some projects can already compete. At a cost, as rightly noted in previous comments, time will tell, how it will be in future, no one can predict.
Activity: 994
Merit: 250
BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn
May 09, 2018, 06:43:44 PM

a lot of good project with new features come,
but, i beleieve there will be no cryptocurreny can replace bitcoin
Activity: 472
Merit: 100
Gamblica Pre-Sale launch 01.03.2018!
May 09, 2018, 06:40:13 PM
I don't think that any coin can get in Bitcoins shoes.
Bitcoin is the flagman of the whole industry and it is the most popular and well known.
Activity: 265
Merit: 11
May 09, 2018, 05:29:26 PM
I believe bitcoin will be "replaced", if the market capitalisation of another cryptocurrency exceeds Bitcoin's.

From a tecchnical perspective, I can see almost any coin take over Bitcoin, as Bitcoin is slow, inefficient, and does not scale well at the moment, so its technically inferior to plenty of other coins.
From the perspective of the use of Bitcoin, it is a speculative investment, and also it trades into almost everything. But all I see is it could be any coin.
If we wont see any serious hardfork happening, other coins, like Ethereum might surpass it in terms of market capitalisation. Also, it is technically superior (at least in my opinion).
Activity: 210
May 09, 2018, 05:17:17 PM
replacing bitcoin wont happen but many coins will compare themselves to bitcoin but no technology coin can handle how bitcoin protocol is handling the payments for last many years
Activity: 1218
Merit: 513
May 09, 2018, 04:55:35 PM
Bitcoin was the first and has been here since 2009. It's been known for a long time, and it all started from Bitcoin. Personally, I think it will not replace any other cryptocurrency.
Although ETH can get closer to either price or popularity. The future will show.

Bitcoin is the best. Ethereum is not even close to Bitcoin and looks like Ethereum will have a real competition in the face of NEO.
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
May 09, 2018, 04:45:06 PM
Bitcoin was the first and has been here since 2009. It's been known for a long time, and it all started from Bitcoin. Personally, I think it will not replace any other cryptocurrency.
Although ETH can get closer to either price or popularity. The future will show.
Pages:
Jump to: