Pages:
Author

Topic: What is the best investment? - page 13. (Read 11084 times)

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
November 06, 2015, 07:05:57 PM
What are your investment aims?

Property can be horrifically illiquid.
Activity: 432
Merit: 250
November 06, 2015, 06:58:55 PM

As for the UK, property could give you decent return in relatively short time. Aim for cheaper houses (< GBP 100k, affordable for first time buyers), preferably repossessed by bank, located within less than 1 hour drive from the town centre of any major city. Don't do any major work on it, just refresh the look, give it a proper cleaning and re-paint.

If you're lucky, you can pocket out 30-50% profit in few months. If you struggle to sell, you can always try to rent it out.

As for Bitcoin. Definitely too risky to invest large % of your wealth in it. But as someone said on this forum: you have to be clinically retarded not to own some, just in case.

If investing in real estate, I wouldn't necessary go for houses because you have to do all of the renovations and it's difficult to keep that up while profiting. But good advice aiming for cheaper houses. Starting out with apartments in general may be better because you don't have to usually renovate the actual building itself.
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
November 06, 2015, 06:22:10 PM
Bitcoins, everything else is pretty much and attached directly to the fiat scam system. Everything is prone to crash in the next decades and Bitcoin will be the ultimate edge to protect against this crash. Whoever still doesn't see this will not make it.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561
November 06, 2015, 06:19:44 PM

As for the UK, property could give you decent return in relatively short time. Aim for cheaper houses (< GBP 100k, affordable for first time buyers), preferably repossessed by bank, located within less than 1 hour drive from the town centre of any major city. Don't do any major work on it, just refresh the look, give it a proper cleaning and re-paint.

If you're lucky, you can pocket out 30-50% profit in few months. If you struggle to sell, you can always try to rent it out.

As for Bitcoin. Definitely too risky to invest large % of your wealth in it. But as someone said on this forum: you have to be clinically retarded not to own some, just in case.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
November 06, 2015, 05:50:15 PM
I think that real estate in strategic locations can be very profitable. You really have to do your homework on that one.

Bitcoin is in theory a good investment but I suppose we do not know what will happen.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
November 06, 2015, 05:42:38 PM
If you have money on the side that you can without then invest some amount and forget about it. Like deliciousowl has said, this is a very long-term investment that's about 50%-50% at the moment but with a huge potential well worth a risk in my opinion.

This doesn't have to be a big amount, but get some.
Activity: 432
Merit: 250
November 06, 2015, 05:23:51 PM
Honest answer? Tiny apartments near massive, stable job creation locations bought during a recession. At larger scales, industrial real estate. And in my personal opinion, Bitcoin (very long-term). The rest is tricky and I personally try to stay away from other investments.

Activity: 59
Merit: 0
November 06, 2015, 05:21:38 PM
Stocks? Bonds? Bitcoins?? Real Estate?
Pages:
Jump to: