Pages:
Author

Topic: What is the best investment? - page 7. (Read 11084 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
November 17, 2015, 05:33:45 AM
Unless you already own something, be it special knowledge, funds, real estate, a rich girlfriend or bitcoin it is very difficult to invest. This is the actual problem here.

Most people who need to invest urgently have very little to throw in. This is why everyone and their mother are excited about Bitcoin. Imo, this is a chicken and egg problem. There are no safe investments and a lot of investments are zero sum games or outright gambling. Even real estate. I believe it's a terrible advise to buy real estate right now. It's overbought. You will pay a hefty premium and the future is not a one-way street to ever increasing profits. Why? Unless people are able to sustain paying for increasing rents, the value of your investment could go down. If you were lucky to get an apartment or house in an auction, good for you, but someone else got burned. All risky investments are extra unsafe if you cannot afford to lose anything.

"Don't invest more than you can afford." What if you cannot afford to lose anything because you are out of luck (see line one). The majority of people should fall into that category.

If you are poor, you need some way to accumulate money and you hardly have a choice but to get an education and a job. A signature campaign won't cut it. Bitcoin won't cut it. Even if you can afford to buy one or two Bitcoins, this will hardly be a life-changing event. It doesn't create stable income.

If you have enough money to make a living and own way more than is enough, you could either go short-term trading (still gambling imo) or put your money to good use. Help a company to grow, or produce something useful. Maybe invest in a bitcoin business. Oh, I forgot, most bitcoin businesses are about gambling as well. Isn't there anything a little sustainable to put your money into apart from real estate?

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Personal Text Space Not For Sale
November 17, 2015, 02:24:33 AM
It depend on what you are best at. For me, I will not invest in Real Estate. RE is a already large industry with a lot of experienced players. I would rather invest my time and money in Bitcoin since it is my generation. I am still young and I know if Bitcoin go mainstream one day I will have lot of money.

marry rich (and pretty) girl is the best long term investment  Grin

Pretty girl is  the worst investment if the beauty is her only characteristic. with time go on, she will  become less prettier day after day, ie devalue all the time, unlike bitcoin, which appreciates all the time. So it is better to keep the bitcoin and not to invest in a beauty only girl. Only invest in a girl with many good characters.

Very funny. Gonna quote this in my Notepad. I am going to share this quote on the forums. LoL.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
November 17, 2015, 01:55:57 AM
Stocks? Bonds? Bitcoins?? Real Estate?
VERY GOOD
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
November 17, 2015, 01:54:40 AM

Pretty girl is  the worst investment if the beauty is her only characteristic. with time go on, she will  become less prettier day after day, ie devalue all the time, unlike bitcoin, which appreciates all the time. So it is better to keep the bitcoin and not to invest in a beauty only girl. Only invest in a girl with many good characters.

moral of the story... marry Bitcoin. you'll be better off
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
November 16, 2015, 09:24:53 PM
There is one old guy with last name Sorosh. Well i read interview with him, that was 5 years ago. He was talking about food. And how much food cost before and how much it cost now. So his plan is to buy fertile plains, and that food will just rise in future. So maybe u need to go in reality and make good investment there, cause for now bitcoin and alcoins is like carousel. Now u are up, now u are down... u need to have some knowlige before u get into internet invesmtents. Regards and i wish u luck.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
November 16, 2015, 09:18:51 PM

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
November 16, 2015, 07:29:44 PM
Haha Lol
married to a rich woman, it looks like most good investment, which we do not have to work to get rich, just married to a rich woman
Activity: 168
November 16, 2015, 07:24:25 PM
investment in yourself. learn a skill work on your fitness bla bla. investment in your life is the most worthwhile
true the main thing is yourself investment, because without it, we can not run anything, it all depends on yourself, so yourself investments is important
Activity: 210
November 16, 2015, 11:00:06 AM
investment in yourself. learn a skill work on your fitness bla bla. investment in your life is the most worthwhile
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
November 16, 2015, 10:57:08 AM
Activity: 868
Merit: 503
November 16, 2015, 09:30:16 AM
Stocks in chemical weapons developers and manufacturers.  Do the math and look around you.
Activity: 322
November 16, 2015, 09:25:41 AM
I'd go for bitcoins, it's a long term investment. You can buy some and forget about it, it will be worth a lot in a couple of years.

Stocks and bonds are kinda a gamble which I don't like to put my faith in.

Real estate could be good when there's a recession, you gotta have money though to invest in real estate
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041
November 16, 2015, 09:16:59 AM
i still think real estate property is the best investment. you can just stay there and save rent, if you plan to sell it price will go up in coming years.

Activity: 294
November 16, 2015, 09:06:49 AM
You can choose real estate if you want something real..and if dont,choose bitcoin Cheesy
if given the choice of investment, between bitcoin or real estate
surely everyone will choose real estate, but different with me, I would choose bitcoin
bitcoin has good prospects in the future, the price will certainly explode in the future
Activity: 168
November 16, 2015, 08:41:55 AM
You can choose real estate if you want something real..and if dont,choose bitcoin Cheesy
yeah agree, now most popular investment is in real estate
real estate prices always go up, this is the best investment in my opinion
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
PUGG.io
November 16, 2015, 07:18:34 AM
for me, keeping my bitcoins in cold wallet is the best investment strategy.
Though sometimes i try to gain advantage of the increased bitcoin prices by btc/usd trading, but in vein.
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
November 16, 2015, 06:55:54 AM
Little bit of everything, so if something goes to shit, you still have other things. But yes, established stocks and real estate are probably the safest bets.
Activity: 125
Merit: 10
November 16, 2015, 06:54:36 AM
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
November 16, 2015, 06:30:39 AM
be carefull to downloading  Undecided

Be careful to download which thing you didn't mentioned there, maybe you have posted into wrong thread because there is no such link which contain files to download? 
Activity: 154
November 16, 2015, 06:19:49 AM
be carefull to downloading  Undecided
Pages:
Jump to: