Pages:
Author

Topic: What is the Future of Bitcoin ? - page 61. (Read 76854 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
November 14, 2015, 03:51:37 PM
I dont see much future in Bitcoin by the end of the decade.

Other platforms with more innovation and no issues with block sizes etc will prevail.

NXT, NEM, and other 2.0 platforms will be the way of the future...

I believed in this for a long time. Now I see that I was wrong. Look at the current price and where did these projects drop. This is pathetic. NXT forum has 5,000 registered users. BTS forum 10,000. This is nothing. NEM community is even smaller than NXT. This is just way too small.

There is no interest in these projects. The world ain't ready even for Bitcoin and not for some of these projects. Yes, this is my realization and luckily I got out from Bitshares and NXT in a time. Otherwise I would have lost 80% of my crypto portfolio if I had stayed stubborn!
Activity: 1148
Merit: 527
November 14, 2015, 02:31:18 PM
We still need around 5 to 10 years to this technology to be heavily understood and used by regular people.
I am optimistic about it and I think its' price will rise.

You're perfectly right. People need time to get familiar with any new technology like bitcoin. Many people do not want to take the risk in the case of their wealth and money that is the reason bitcoin still new to many people. They do not want to try new things instead of money.

Yes I do agree. Because people do not want to try new things with the risk for their own. That is the reason bitcoin was available for very cheap price to almost free. But at the time of adaptors were very few. In my view bitcoin is slowly growing up but will explode in near future in exponentially too.

Yes. The future of bitcoin is based on how many people are accepting bitcoin as their mode of payments. I believe the core technology or how the bitcoin different from conventional money are not needed for people to accept it. I just hope how bitcoin works with respect to their daily needs that is enough for people to accept it.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
November 14, 2015, 02:08:33 PM
We still need around 5 to 10 years to this technology to be heavily understood and used by regular people.

Like smart phone or computer or Internet, bitcoin also will be adopted to people very easily may be after some initial hurdles. New technologies are slowly accepted people so far, same way bitcoin also will be accepted by people very soon. At the time we can expect more price rise because of mass adoption of bitcoin.
Activity: 998
Merit: 504
November 14, 2015, 02:05:46 PM

You're perfectly right. People need time to get familiar with any new technology like bitcoin. Many people do not want to take the risk in the case of their wealth and money that is the reason bitcoin still new to many people. They do not want to try new things instead of money.

Yes I do agree. Because people do not want to try new things with the risk for their own. That is the reason bitcoin was available for very cheap price to almost free. But at the time of adaptors were very few. In my view bitcoin is slowly growing up but will explode in near future in exponentially too.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
November 14, 2015, 12:17:28 PM

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1362
November 14, 2015, 09:05:04 AM
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
November 14, 2015, 04:15:42 AM

Other platforms with more innovation and no issues with block sizes etc will prevail.

certainly not nxt, which seems hafl dead not even in the top ten of the marketcap, maybe etherum or maidsafe, which at least offer something more sturdy
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
November 14, 2015, 01:53:50 AM
Definitely worldwide adoption as a global currency. I can foresee that coming in a decade's time.
I think one decade is not enough for the world to adopt the bitcoin, perhaps 20 years to come
Activity: 361
Merit: 250
November 13, 2015, 10:21:27 PM
Definitely worldwide adoption as a global currency. I can foresee that coming in a decade's time.
Activity: 574
In XEM we trust
November 13, 2015, 10:17:35 PM
I'm confident this is going to hit the masses so fast it will make our head spin... why?
Competition... it will only require two factors... the first being seamless transfers between currencies (already in progress)... the 2nd will be large entities fear of losing the competitive edge... a recent example would be when American express announced their investments in the chain Visa & Master card jumped in within one week.
You could say that they will have their own blockchain (any PR is good PR) but the point remains no major player wants to be left behind especially when the competition is drastically cutting cost internally and for their customers.
Very few are arguing that digital currency is not a high probability for the near future.
2016 will be phenomenal for growth based on the big players interest.
however if they want to build their own blockchain they are free to do so. But if bitcoins community calls them a altcoin wouldn't people want to be part of the main coin? Wouldn't people use the better one that has more adoption than the other ones?
I'm not saying visa or mastercard will fail. I'm just saying bitcoin has already more adoption and is 5 years ahead of development. Compared to other altcoins. But if they use a private blockchain just to transfer regular fiat money, then I'm fine with that, since fiat is inflationary and that makes it far more inferior to bitcoin.
Activity: 378
November 13, 2015, 09:13:44 PM
I'm confident this is going to hit the masses so fast it will make our head spin... why?
Competition... it will only require two factors... the first being seamless transfers between currencies (already in progress)... the 2nd will be large entities fear of losing the competitive edge... a recent example would be when American express announced their investments in the chain Visa & Master card jumped in within one week.
You could say that they will have their own blockchain (any PR is good PR) but the point remains no major player wants to be left behind especially when the competition is drastically cutting cost internally and for their customers.
Very few are arguing that digital currency is not a high probability for the near future.
2016 will be phenomenal for growth based on the big players interest.
Activity: 294
November 13, 2015, 08:53:51 PM
future of bitcoin just like now,more accept on people and corporate,and many inovation of bitcoin and crypto currency/
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001
November 13, 2015, 05:37:26 PM

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1006
November 13, 2015, 12:02:16 PM
People will use bitcoin as transaction to make more efficient and better than using fiat.
As I know when people try to sending money out globally, banks will charge quite expensive fee.
With faster transaction will make more higher capability around the world
Activity: 856
November 13, 2015, 11:58:20 AM
To know the future of Bitcoin you should start by looking at the past of Bitcoin.  TLDR that whole article but seems they were comparing Bitcoin to Fiat.  Fact of the matter is when I'm around people they are holding online devices and carrying them around This is a new trend which leads me to believe that the failing fiat model has very real competition to say the least.
Activity: 350
November 13, 2015, 11:53:02 AM
The future of bitcoin well be in 2020 Tongue

Meh I don't know I hope BTC will increase and every country they accept it.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
November 13, 2015, 10:43:12 AM
Bitcoin is a cyber-currency of growing interest to people day by day. There are many stories about Bitcoin, all of it are not real but on the basis of history of bitcoin and these stories i think the day is not so far that people are paying for everything with bitcoins.

I will agree this but when Bit coin will replace this and when this crypto currency will accept in all common stores and groceries. I done purchases using  through BTC but I done in Online. If come in common life and culture We bitcoin holders can rise or hands with BTC.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
November 13, 2015, 10:14:03 AM
The future of Bitcoin will probably track the future of the free state project and burning man pretty closely. In the beginning there will be a bunch of young people that support it because it's new and trendy, edgy, cool. There will be a bunch of scumbag manipulators that don't really care about it but support it because they see a way to break the law or line their pockets and get away with it, at least in the short term. For the life of the project it will remain a bastion of the outer edge tiny percentage of the population. Eventually, the day will come when people will look back and say, "whatever happened to the free state project?"
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1209
The revolution will be digital
November 09, 2015, 06:01:16 PM
The Future is 10 000$  Cheesy

That might actually happen soon Wink

A statistical explanation why 1BTC may equal 1M USD in future...

Value of 1BTC (around figure)

2009 => 10-2 USD
2010 => 10-1 USD
2011 => 100 USD
2012 => 101 USD
2013 => 102 USD
2014 => 103 USD
2015 => 104 USD
2016 => 105 USD
2017 => 106 USD

--- Early Adoption Ends Here and The Price Stabilizes ---

This is the most lame-est theory ive seen since middle school.
At least he knows what "log" is

More than one year has pass by. Sometimes it looks funny looking back to those days.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1049
March 05, 2015, 08:38:57 PM
Wouldn't it be cool if Bitcoins were stored in 3D GPS coordinates? You'd have to be physically at the point to claim it. You'd use a drone to mark or relay the signal. It's like storing something in thin air. Because let's face it, hard drives and storage may be getting smaller, but that beast block chain is going to get humongo!!!

I think implementation of HD multisig wallets will make bitcoin storage & usage both easy & secure.
Pages:
Jump to: