Pages:
Author

Topic: What makes a altcoin valuable - page 24. (Read 5747 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 1
April 23, 2018, 11:51:38 AM
I'm developing an altcoin that is based on social sharing. What foundational technologies are going to make it the most valuable? What makes an altcoin valuable? I'm wondering if it is just how much people hear about it? Thoughts?

The price of a coin is valuable because there is supply and demand. How good the technology behind it might be does not matter if the number of coins is unlimited.
Activity: 222
Merit: 10
April 23, 2018, 11:29:46 AM
I'm developing an altcoin that is based on social sharing. What foundational technologies are going to make it the most valuable? What makes an altcoin valuable? I'm wondering if it is just how much people hear about it? Thoughts?

I think it's the millenials turn. We know how many business sectors fall and are born because of them. I think the successful altcoin is the closest to millennial generation.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
April 23, 2018, 11:13:14 AM
I believe that the idea of the project is of primary importance. Altcoin itself has no price without an idea. Initially, people are interested in the product. And only then I wonder how you can buy it. Bad ICO collect small fees and are not interesting to people.
Activity: 123
April 23, 2018, 11:05:47 AM

I think for now altcoin is valuable because of the potential of the technology it develops. In addition, the support of large companies that will utilize the technology will greatly affect the community to invest in the coin.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
April 22, 2018, 04:15:10 PM
Crypto coins as well as fiat have value only because people believe that it has significance in the form of a unit of exchange.
Some money is provided with gold, others are not supported, although they have value, because people attach importance to them and use them as a unit of exchange. Crypto-currencies have been developed as a unit of exchange and as a place to store assets that are not dependent on central banks.
Activity: 854
Merit: 102
MoonDeFi
April 22, 2018, 03:25:54 PM
Good evening, I will be happy to answer your question, each altcoyin has its own peculiarities, but all are provided with transparency, security and smart contracts for the normal functioning of the token
Activity: 147
April 22, 2018, 03:10:23 PM
Altcoins have a good prospect for their development. Since a significant number of altcoins are created as a result of the ICO for some narrow purposes of marketing, banking or other activities and so on, i think the value of a particular altcoin is determined by the need for the functioning of this coin. Altcoin very valuable possibility because there are many people who are interested in using altcoin as a means of investment rates tend to rise.
Activity: 158
April 22, 2018, 02:58:33 PM
altcoin is an alternative coin Bitcoin. some altcoins already leveled with bitcoin. people are trying to buy altcoin at a low price in the calculation of it soon to sell, but already much more expensive.
Activity: 347
Merit: 100
The Future Of Work
April 22, 2018, 02:43:16 PM
I think a unique product, a reasonable fee and good PR make altcoin valuable.
Activity: 24
April 22, 2018, 07:18:51 AM
Value is a fabrication of man. If there's a demand for it (market) it automatically has 'value'.
Here's a little thinking excercise: What gives a little piece of paper with a certain number on it valuable?
Activity: 30
April 20, 2018, 10:23:19 AM
In my opinion, what makes a coin valuable is the community behind it. And I think it's based on the circulating supply and the total supply of coins.
Activity: 322
April 18, 2018, 11:36:43 PM
I believe there is no a technique for that, an altcoin to be valuable must target certain people with your platform in order to attract demand from the people with proper advertising of your coin. For example when any good partner found or make the hardfork then these type of good news also impact to make the best value of the coin.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 107
April 18, 2018, 11:33:18 PM
The value of the created coin as a result of the ICO is determined primarily by the utility of the project itself, how much it will be needed and useful to users, that is, whether there will be a demand for this coin. If the project itself people will not be interested in its uselessness and ill-considered, then the coin itself will be useless.
Activity: 737
Merit: 500
April 18, 2018, 11:03:57 PM
The value of altcoins depends on the whales and the community that trades the coin. Right now the actual use of most of them are for trading. If in the future people will use them for the intended use of the developers (e.g for payment for the game developers that uses a blockchain) then its value would potentialy increase as tthe tokens would be distributed to many people who would then trade it.
That is right, an altcoin will have high price when its market has demand.
More demand, the liquidity of this coin will raise, that is the reason Bitcoin market is always better than altcoin markets because the liquidity of Bitcoin is top 1 in cryptocurrency world.
Currently, I just know some altcoins can use for applications, example: Ethereum to buy ICO token, smart contract, Ripple to using for its network, the banking system and some payment services in Japan, etc.
Activity: 1
April 15, 2018, 04:03:08 PM
This is by far the best post I've come across.  It is amazing how many different views there are on "value" and also what gives an object that perceived "value."  The most interesting thing of all is that each individual argument has validity!
I agree
Activity: 29
April 15, 2018, 03:56:58 PM
This is by far the best post I've come across.  It is amazing how many different views there are on "value" and also what gives an object that perceived "value."  The most interesting thing of all is that each individual argument has validity!
Activity: 272
Merit: 12
April 15, 2018, 12:40:08 PM
I think part of the things that give value to altcoin is the potential and the uniqueness of the coin. The team behind a project speaks volume about any altcoin value. If the team behind a project is very strong and they are proactive then the coin will surely have value.
Activity: 40
April 15, 2018, 08:20:52 AM
Depends.

Usage

Platforms are great because you can build on them. Example Ethereum, Neo

Business usage like Request network

or simple payment like zoin (zoi) or SpeedCash (SCS)

Scarcity

Bitcoin has only 20 million something coins, Speedcash only has 400000 something coins while others have billions

Joke

DogeCoin (DOGE) but some are willing to pay for it

in other cases the coins are more or less mere Venture Capital

Activity: 196
April 15, 2018, 08:11:30 AM
The value of altcoins depends on the whales and the community that trades the coin. Right now the actual use of most of them are for trading. If in the future people will use them for the intended use of the developers (e.g for payment for the game developers that uses a blockchain) then its value would potentialy increase as tthe tokens would be distributed to many people who would then trade it.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
April 15, 2018, 07:35:51 AM

Like almost all currencies in the world cryptocurrencies has their values because users are ready to buy coins for that value. Cryptocurrency like any other popular liquid asset is speculative investment.
Pages:
Jump to: