Pages:
Author

Topic: What makes a altcoin valuable - page 33. (Read 5747 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100
February 16, 2018, 04:11:36 PM
What is valuable is that it can bring people either additional income or gives some kind of service. Accordingly, if this can not be earned and there is no need for it, your alt will be a pacifier
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
February 16, 2018, 04:01:15 PM
First of all, the value of the altcoin is community. as with the traditional currencies of altcoins is as valuable as people believe in them
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
February 16, 2018, 12:01:58 PM
I'm developing an altcoin that is based on social sharing. What foundational technologies are going to make it the most valuable? What makes an altcoin valuable? I'm wondering if it is just how much people hear about it? Thoughts?

The following features are the main driver of cryptocurrency price, but not limited to these.
Limited Supply and supply/demand:
Energy put in in the form of electricity to secure the blockchain.
Blockchain difficulty level.
The utility of the currency, and how easy it is to use and store.
Perceptions on its value by the public.
Price of Bitcoin.
Media.
Investors.
Scams.
Market dilution.
Innovation.
Confidence in traditional systems.
Legal/Governmental issues.
Activity: 564
Merit: 500
February 16, 2018, 11:29:49 AM
If any alt coin bring anything new is a good one to invest. For example eth bring smart contract,ark bring pos and now tezos bringing self-amending ledger. I still felt that bitcoin is very old we need something new.

I don't understand that if bitcoin is old and we need something new ?  USD is also very old and shall we say we need a new currency  ? I guess No.
Bitcoin is old and gold too. Wink  We do not need anything to replace bitcoin but we also need good altcoins so that we can also earn via altcoins trading etc.
Altcoins are needed so bitcoin does not become a monopoly, that way if something happens to bitcoin we can use other coins instead, it is not surprising that bitcoin activated segwit just when ETH was getting very close to bitcoin and it was close to surpass it in market cap, so we need alts to entice competition between the community and the devs of all the different coins.
First of all, Bitcoin is still the King and can control the price of altcoin.
Look at the cryptocurrency market, no time Bitcoin decreases Altcoin can increases more than 40% value.
Most of the altcoin dumped by the Bitcoin value dumped, therefore, until today, I still don't see much changes in the ecosystem of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 756
Merit: 252
February 15, 2018, 07:28:07 PM
If any alt coin bring anything new is a good one to invest. For example eth bring smart contract,ark bring pos and now tezos bringing self-amending ledger. I still felt that bitcoin is very old we need something new.

I don't understand that if bitcoin is old and we need something new ?  USD is also very old and shall we say we need a new currency  ? I guess No.
Bitcoin is old and gold too. Wink  We do not need anything to replace bitcoin but we also need good altcoins so that we can also earn via altcoins trading etc.
Altcoins are needed so bitcoin does not become a monopoly, that way if something happens to bitcoin we can use other coins instead, it is not surprising that bitcoin activated segwit just when ETH was getting very close to bitcoin and it was close to surpass it in market cap, so we need alts to entice competition between the community and the devs of all the different coins.
Activity: 350
Merit: 15
February 12, 2018, 02:01:21 PM
It depends on the community but in my opinion they base on demand and supply of this coin. You should read about their whitepaper and how it will really use in the future. Consider it as your precious coin but you need to read deeply so if you get interested you can buy this coin.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
February 11, 2018, 10:24:25 PM
It becomes valubale when people starts patronizing the coin and the faith of the community that the price appreiation will gradulally rise overtime.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
February 11, 2018, 09:20:53 PM
 They are always say it is because of speculation but some say it is demand. For me, they are only valuable if they have really that significant use like what Steemit has done.
Activity: 350
February 11, 2018, 06:13:27 PM
The value of altcoin is confirmed when it comes to practical applications in life which is what I care most. When the altcoin is of real value it will be of more interest to the community, which is the chance for it to grow well. I think that for long-term development the altcoin should look to the actual value it brings, which is the core factor so that it can grow into the same market.
Activity: 756
Merit: 252
February 11, 2018, 06:10:11 PM
I'm developing an altcoin that is based on social sharing. What foundational technologies are going to make it the most valuable? What makes an altcoin valuable? I'm wondering if it is just how much people hear about it? Thoughts?

The technology, you must bring something new if it does not then the coin is not going to go far, superior technology will eventually beat outdated technology, also your idea needs to be practical and it needs to make sense and it needs to do better something that is already been done or to be able to create new demand if you have all of that your altcoins will be valuable and if it does not then your altcoins will be worthless.
Activity: 737
Merit: 500
February 11, 2018, 05:45:40 PM
Altcoin has not only value, as a coin for settlements or trades. Most ICO issuing their coins creates some kind of special product or service, which in itself has value.
You can understand ICO = IPO but through blockchain.
However, IPO needs the seller - the devs of IPO project need to prove this project is great and interesting for investment.
While, ICO can sell without any proof to prove old work, this is one of the reason make ICO became best choice for scammer.
Activity: 476
February 11, 2018, 01:37:26 PM
In my opinion the community gives it value. As it is with every currency, if its not used and accepted by the people there is no value in it. Same goes for gold. After all that is also just a metal, if people decided to value iron more and do use that as a store of value that is commonly accepted, this maybe would be todays precious "gold".

I agree with you. What makes the cryptocurrencies or altcoins valuable is that people are tend to go crazy and keeping altcoins as they want it. I think it is most likely the person you love or some things given by your loved ones or friend or something that you can call it a treasure. Being highly accepted by the people in the community is also what makes altcoins valuable. We can see that we can benefit from it mainly financial. That it can be through trading and investing as well.
Activity: 524
Merit: 258
February 11, 2018, 01:27:58 PM
I think the company of alternative coins becomes valuable through helping lots of people to change their current life status.
The company provides a high income which helps every people in the whole world to obtain a stable source of income to support daily needs.
Activity: 280
February 11, 2018, 05:39:39 AM
Altcoin has not only value, as a coin for settlements or trades. Most ICO issuing their coins creates some kind of special product or service, which in itself has value.
Activity: 84
February 11, 2018, 03:04:40 AM
Altcoin is a big space to test various technologies in cryptocurrency domain, which I think very good. Those with unique technologies merit to be valuable.
Activity: 53
February 11, 2018, 02:20:42 AM
Technically speaking, an altcoin has value for the same reason everything else has value - people are willing to assign that much value to the object.
When I am looking into investing in an altcoin, I personally look into the devs, the community and the technology in that order. Novel tech is always good but it doesn't mean anything if there are sketchy devs or no community to pack it.
Activity: 406
Merit: 2
February 11, 2018, 01:42:37 AM
To make an altcoin valuable i guess is the technology advance and the need of the technology, and the people in the team together with the backup funds that is able to give the consumer confidence in investing into the altcoin. Last will be letting more people aware of the ICO increasing of the awareness.
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
February 11, 2018, 01:40:49 AM
In my opinion, valuable altcoyin makes it useful for a person. If a specific token created is used in an industry and facilitates the life of a particular person, making it more accessible, simple and convenient, then its value, expressed in monetary terms, will increase.
Activity: 53
February 11, 2018, 01:26:22 AM
I think the technology gave it its original value. Then people chose it. Believe it. This is another new value.
Activity: 615
Merit: 105
arcs-chain.com
February 11, 2018, 12:50:45 AM
which makes valuable altcoins a society that is trading and taking advantage of the altcoins and a lot of altcoins coming from ICO that makes altcoins very valuable in the eyes of traders Wink
Pages:
Jump to: