Pages:
Author

Topic: What percentage of people on Earth will own Bitcoin by 2020 - page 40. (Read 46516 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 517
I think at that time about 100% of the internet users will have adopted bitcoin as their currency for international transactions etc.
Activity: 381
Merit: 250
How many people use Bitcoin now? This 2014 article makes an estimate (click the link for details) and concludes: Just 500,000 people own bitcoins.

Some math:
Maximum of 5 transactions per second
400,000 per day
150 million per year
600 million until 2020

If the average user makes 10 transactions, only 1% can own bitcoin in 2020.

Dont worry about all those things more than needed, i agree with you that there must be some improvements of bitcoin want to be mass adopted, but did you doubt that bitcoin will not made all those changes with success? i dont have any doubt...
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
It seems that voters tend to vote more optimistic and see more see promising future for bitcoin after starts.
most people give between 0-2% vote I think this is the proper description. I do not think with bitcoin users can be more than 10 million users in 2020
but we have to opstimistic
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
5-10% of people will use bitcoin by that time and will continue to grow as year pass and maybe we can reach 80 in a century.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I don't know the average age of people on this forum yet but I love new tech and I can still remember the first opportunity I had to use a computer and program my first robotics, it was still a while until I had a computer in my home. Even then, I was really allowed to use it. Adoption takes time and education, when speaking about bitcoin with someone remember you know more about it then the person you are talking to (and you might always know more about it) but if they are taking time to listen you should be taking time to explain in a polite and easy to understand manner that is interesting. Instead of saying "YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF BITCOIN!?" try something like "I completely understand how you might not have heard of bitcoin everyone is busy with a million different things."

Crypto is my life and my passion but it is not everyone's life or passion. I want to share with them why I think it's beneficial to them but I don't want to bore them or make them feel stupid.

The more people that the Bitcoin world reaches, the greater percentage of people that will own Bitcoin by 2020.
Activity: 1337
Merit: 154
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
How many people use Bitcoin now? This 2014 article makes an estimate (click the link for details) and concludes: Just 500,000 people own bitcoins.

Some math:
400,000 per day
150 million per year
600 million until 2020

The block size can be increased so that more transactions can happen in one block. We will have more users.
Activity: 574

Some math:
400,000 per day
150 million per year
600 million until 2020

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.
it's just hard to predict something like this in the current time, Even a percentage of the world has no access to the internet right now so having an exact percentage of the world to own BTC "Right now probably less than 0.01%" would be impossible, I think it will be something close to 1% though.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
I was a bit more optimistic than others  Grin  I went for 70%.  4 years is a long time when things like technology can change overnight or be adopted at much faster rates. 

I voted 20-30% but I agree with you on the unpredictable speed of deevelopment in a field like technology nowadays. Four years is a big span indeed. Maybe the whole world will use Bitcoin 4 years from now, but we can't know it today.
Activity: 672
I think by 2020 about 20 to 30 per cent of  people on Earth will own Bitcoin and start using and trading with it as well
Activity: 476
Re-Evolution
I voted 5-10 but I think that's mostly because I want to see bitcoin grow. Does anyone have some hard facts of charts about adoption of new technologies and their adoption rate globally.
Im sure one of you nerds has a chart saved somewhere. Please go find it and post it here.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
It seems that voters tend to vote more optimistic and see more see promising future for bitcoin after starts.
STT
legendary
Activity: 4004
Merit: 1428
Catalog Websites
I voted over 50% because I was still thinking of the, what if in 20 years question.   Obviously 2020 is only 4 years away and basically qualifies as what is nearly true now.
In 20 years I think over 50% is likely and/or the extreme oppisite that bitcoin is not used or superseded in some way.  In 4 years, I guess 10% per year growth is reasonable/optimistic enough
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
-snip-
indeed that big companies will play an important role in the adoption of bitcoin. I myself expect to see them to accept bitcoin as adoption of bitcoin may increase their sale too

My best guess (which is worth zero) is 10% - 20%, and I think that is optimistic.

nielaminda and zodiac3011 have it right, IMO.  More merchants of all kinds, large & small, accepting Bitcoin appears to be the the key.  If people can actually easily pay with BTC, many of them will.

Privacy is a big component of that.  Privacy is one reason why I like BTC.  I suspect there are many millions of others who feel as I do.
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
as bitcoin is uncertain we can't predict to which extend it goes.. if people get more awareness, bitcoin can reach a maximum of 40%, because 2020 is not far away...
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
It's three and a half years away. That ain't long. I don't think we're gonna have our minds blown anyvtime soon.

I agree with you. Three and a half years are like a blink of an eye that will be fast and I dont see it yet that it will really grew that easily. But still we dont know what could happen. Government officials will be changing and that might get an impact if they will adapt it.
Activity: 490
its a real unknown that it all depends on how bitcoin performs until that date.

Yeah that is right, it depends on how many are amazed by bitcoin and how was the news being spread all over the world about bitocin.. But, I guess, it would be around 10-20%...
I was quite hesitant with it? how can you mention that figure are you have a good calculation? 10-20% I want to ask you? what percentage of the current bitcoin users worldwide now? did you know that?
and how many people are joining in bitcoin per annually?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
It's three and a half years away. That ain't long. I don't think we're gonna have our minds blown anyvtime soon.
Activity: 854
Voted for 5 - 10% cause i think bitcoin will get some popularity in 2020. If comunity will start promote bitcoin in can be 15% ++
Activity: 756
I was a bit more optimistic than others  Grin  I went for 70%.  4 years is a long time when things like technology can change overnight or be adopted at much faster rates. 
Pages:
Jump to: