Pages:
Author

Topic: What percentage of people on Earth will own Bitcoin by 2020 - page 43. (Read 46516 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Without something big happening at bitcoin,being promoted or used for the big companies i believe it wont cross the 10-20 % mark if the big companies joins bitcoin i believe it will jump to 30% as the people need to know and understand bitcoin before be part of it.
Activity: 381
Merit: 250
Im curious about whats the current % of people on earth who own bitcoins, but from my point of view, anything between 1% - 10% is really optimistic, ofc that i hope this will increased a lot, but i doubt that this will grow much more than 10% at 2020, even 5% will be optimistic.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
it is really hard to say.
by then there might only be an slight increase or it might even be widespread and be used by all the people. but i am more leaning toward ~20% of the world population.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
It's hard to guesstimate, seeing as we don't even know how many are using it.

So all these posts are just guesses, without the required information.

True. It is hard to get proof on how many are really using or just bluffing to make themselves feel in the other societies. If a survey will be conducted I think also that it will be at low percentage. But who will fund this survey? That is the question there.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
Soon, I have to go away.
It's hard to guesstimate, seeing as we don't even know how many are using it.

So all these posts are just guesses, without the required information.
Activity: 504
We don't even know if bitcoin will still be alive in 2020. But if bitcoin is to be still alive at that time it would be highly probable that more than 50% of people will own bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 980
i would vote 10-20 percentage of people by 2020 although bitcoin getting popular every day but i think some people from some countries really doesn't care about bitcoin especially for people who came from poor countries
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
5 years is a lot of time in the way technology and modern society develops. Only 10 years ago smartphones weren't that widespread, few people had decent ones. Speaking in live cam with people over phone, browsing internet and so on, has happened so quick, so in 5 years society can get used to Bitcoin and it can become a worldwide phenomenon. This is the final result no matter what, so if it doesn't happen in 4-5 years, it will happen in 10. Eventually it will happen because it's unavoidable.
Activity: 826
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
10-20 percent is good estimate when it comes to bitcoin, people from bitcointalk are not the only ones using crypto some just don`t bother to register and create a new account.
10-20 percent is optimistic estimation, I think it will be around 1-2% by considering current people who own bitcoin now.
Activity: 266
SEIZED by Gunthar
I went with 2-5 on the vote.
I hope it's 10-20 though!
Keep the price going up  Grin
Need more markets to accept bitcoin as payment for that big of a push.
Also, government needs to stop making it so hard for businesses to use it.
Just my 2 cents..
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003
10-20 percent is good estimate when it comes to bitcoin, people from bitcointalk are not the only ones using crypto some just don`t bother to register and create a new account.
Activity: 420
It's depend though, but i'm sure every years we always have a new technology and go digital era. And i think in 2020, more people will use bitcoin for payment. maybe around 10-20%.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 532
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
I believe bitcoin usage will possibly increase by the coming years. This increase is felt to the maximum of 30-40% of the entire population.
legendary
Activity: 1442
I went 30-40% but that was optimistic.

Its prob more like less than 5% but I stand by my optimism lol
Activity: 518
2020 is only 4 years away.
How many % are using Bitcoins now? I think far less than 1%.
Do not think that will change a lot till 2020.

agree with you 4 years will not bring any changes to the bitcoin, bitcoin users today probably less than 1% of the total world population. maybe 4 years to reach about >1%
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
It all depends on what happens over the next 4 years, but I would say that 5-10% of the world's population owning Bitcoin is an optimistic but semi-realistic scenario.

Sure we're looking at 350,000,000 people, but there are already dozens of us, right? /s
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
my analysis is this way, i think the number is not going to be something big like 80-100 percent and also not going to be something very small like 0-40% because i think that in the future there will be a lot more attention for bitcoin and since it is the only global currency that is easily used and without any hassle i am guessing somewhere between 50-70 percent of the people will be using it.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1268
Very hard to guess. Do we actually know how many people use Bitcoin today? Blockchain daily transaction chart simply shows that number of users are increasing. It is very promising. As i mentioned before somewhere in the forum, this halving will tell us a lot about the future of Bitcoin.
Activity: 762
I would say 0% to 2% as many people still don't see the points of using Bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001
2-5 for conservative speculation 5-10 for very optimistic speculation, other % is pure dreaming

people forget that 5-10 alone is 700M.... we are still at 3M
Earth's population there are billions of people. to 1% it means that about 10-20 million people. and maybe for now. bitcoin users can not be said to have the 1%. still very few users of bitcoin

1% of 7.4 billion = 10-20 million?HuhHuh?

is there a mathematician in the house?

or a calculator?
Pages:
Jump to: