Pages:
Author

Topic: What to do after being hacked? - page 2. (Read 933 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 10
November 30, 2018, 11:39:09 AM
Hi,

I see a lot of people being hacked or lost money.
I know a transaction is final but can you track them to a exchange?
So you can call the exchange and ask them to hold the wallet or something?

Or can you track them another way?

I hope there will be a good solution for this in crypto.
It's hopeless to recover any funds that being hacked or mistakenly transferred to other wallet as crypto is a decentralized currency. We need to take extra care on our wallet and never put all your assets in a single wallet. Crypto has no support from the government and we can make a complain to them.
Activity: 226
Merit: 103
November 30, 2018, 11:30:26 AM
You could just tracked them but you couldn't do anything about it,
One of my friend already tried it they manage to track the hackers wallet but that's it.
Activity: 983
Merit: 100
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
November 30, 2018, 11:09:21 AM
Well my friend was hacked few months ago and he tracked the transaction from wallet to wallet. We able to tracked our money but there is no way to reclaim it back. If u already got hacked i suggest to create a new one because the old one is already useless. Also you need to more careful & dont get hacked twice.
Activity: 402
Merit: 4
November 30, 2018, 10:57:36 AM
In my opinion, it is advisable you change your wallet. Changing your password is not good enough. Once your wallet is hacked it is almost impossible to recover your funds back, move on and ensure you don't fall a victim again.
Activity: 535
Merit: 250
November 30, 2018, 10:49:38 AM
when you get a possible hack that you will do after being hacked you can reflect on your mistakes and after that as much as possible not to repeat the same mistakes for the umpteenth time and install very high security for your wallet.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
November 15, 2018, 04:55:59 PM
There are so many things you guys need to do after being hacked..
1. Reinstall window to make sure that your PC clean
2. Buy a good antivirus software
3. Change wallet
4. Buy a coldstorage wallet
5. Never let anyone know anything about your wallet although they're your family members Smiley.

Beside, never believe in anything sound like easy money or click in any link before checking.
Activity: 630
November 15, 2018, 04:55:38 PM
The money you have no way to return. The only thing you can do after hacking it is to conclude from the mistakes that you made and because of which, you and hacked.
Activity: 383
November 15, 2018, 04:35:25 PM
If you have been hacked, you need to change wallet, changing password isn't enough. Also it is better to start working from the another device. It's better to use another Wifi which you didn't use yeat
Activity: 1093
November 15, 2018, 04:16:46 PM
I think after hacked a wallet and after completed transactions it is impossible to recover money.It is the true.So never think what you will do after hacked Be careful before hack.
Activity: 555
Merit: 12
November 15, 2018, 04:25:09 PM
That's thoughtful of you, but for now it's sad to know that there is no solution after hack. Once tokens are moved, that's final. Since we are talking decentralisation, you can't even report a wallet. Tracking will be a waste of time too. Let's pray for a remedy with time. Once again, nice post.
Activity: 742
Merit: 21
Be the reason someone smiles today
November 15, 2018, 03:11:29 AM
The best option to avoid being hacked is to be proactive against hackers. And to me thus means buying a hardware wallet.

Personally, I got a Ledger Nano S and since then I'm not afraid anymore that one day I will open ny wallet and all my coins might not be there. 
Activity: 560
November 15, 2018, 03:08:24 AM
I think that there is nothing like how to imagine that you were robbed on the street, what will you do next? I think that you will shout about it and say that all the same it is not correct, but as a result you will not be able to return the money and in the future you will be much more attentive.
Activity: 630
Merit: 14
November 15, 2018, 03:03:38 AM
Crypto currency is a means of payment that is decentralized so that the control of currencies is in ourselves. In my opinion, it is very difficult to track hackers who have taken our rights. In fact, we cannot call on exchanges because it could be that our coins that are hacked are not directly traded. Until now I have not found a good and wise solution to this problem. I only hope that there are insurance companies that offer services for crypto currencies so that when our coins are hacked then we can get exchange from the insurance company. I hope my hopes can be realized someday.
Activity: 686
Merit: 257
November 15, 2018, 02:44:23 AM
You can try to track the coin till it reaches an exchange. But most likely the exchange will not entertain such request due to several reasons. Firstly, it will take time and effort to prove that the hacked wallet belong to you. Another reason will be if the exchange entertains such requests, there will be numerous requests daily.
Activity: 854
Merit: 502
CTO & Spokesman
November 15, 2018, 02:21:36 AM
the track is not easy. The exchange will not want to know that someone hacking problems and will not want to shut down or hold their wallets. to look for to know is how can hackers enter and deplete ours and it should know to avoid. a lot has happened in this case hacking and could not be restored.

If your wallet hacked by someone and stole your assets, (one thing) do not expect that your assets will be back and get to know the hacker. After being hacked the best thing to do is move on and make sure that it will not happen again.
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
November 15, 2018, 01:45:09 AM
the track is not easy. The exchange will not want to know that someone hacking problems and will not want to shut down or hold their wallets. to look for to know is how can hackers enter and deplete ours and it should know to avoid. a lot has happened in this case hacking and could not be restored.
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
November 15, 2018, 01:31:02 AM
Create a new wallet. Recovery hacked, cryptocurrency wallet, impossible! Go to the wallet only through bookmarks.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
Decentralized Continuous Audit& Reporting Protocol
November 13, 2018, 04:01:40 PM
Well you might track them but you can wit-hold any transaction they do. That why here is the need for you to safeguard your wallet with all means or else when hacked all you could do is to get a new one.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 276
November 13, 2018, 03:56:53 PM
i dont think you can do anything. since blockchain is totally decentralized and not under any regulation, it is impossible to get your money back after transaction is completed.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
November 13, 2018, 03:48:58 PM
If you hacked I do not think that the person who did this will keep the money on this exchange, he is likely to wash them through a different crypto currency and this is the end. Use cold wallets !
Pages:
Jump to: