Pages:
Author

Topic: What to do after being hacked? - page 3. (Read 933 times)

Activity: 679
Merit: 103
November 13, 2018, 01:06:36 PM
I got hacked once and lost some of my coins by downloading wallet of new scam coin and mine it.
These my wallets, which is have no password on it, was empted.

So, i learned the lesson, and bought old mac notebook for all the wallets.
Install Team Viewer and go to my farms through this program.

Planning buy hardware wallet in the future.

in my opinion you will find taht this situation is not the end of the wordl and you need to make a plan how to recover sooner

Iw was not done a much damage to me, luckily. Stolen coins was a near-scam project and have a 1-5 satoshi price on exchange.
Total loss was about 130$, which is ok for a security lesson.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
November 09, 2018, 02:39:07 PM
I got hacked once and lost some of my coins by downloading wallet of new scam coin and mine it.

in my opinion you will find taht this situation is not the end of the wordl and you need to make a plan how to recover sooner
Activity: 448
November 09, 2018, 02:37:43 PM
Hi,

I see a lot of people being hacked or lost money.
I know a transaction is final but can you track them to a exchange?
So you can call the exchange and ask them to hold the wallet or something?

Or can you track them another way?

I hope there will be a good solution for this in crypto.
i thini taht the first that ylu haveto do is stop panic and you need to understand that ypu are not the only one here 8n this situation
Activity: 679
November 09, 2018, 02:36:31 PM

Activity: 616
Merit: 253
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
November 09, 2018, 04:28:51 AM
My wallet also hacked by anonymous person. I do not have ideas why I got hacked my wallet with no reasons. I learned a lot of this problem. I so guilty of what coins they got because it is the important to me.I avoid phishing sites and more. I do another wallet and transferred all my coins so that to avoid to get it again.
The safest option is to buy a hardware wallet, it gives increased security and your coins will be safe. Think about these options, so you can not worry about their investments.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
November 09, 2018, 04:16:08 AM
Hi,

That would be good if what you said can really be done, but sadly i don't think it's possible right now.
And that can takes so much time and effort to keep on looking or tracking the coins that are taken from our wallet all the time.
Activity: 406
November 09, 2018, 03:49:21 AM
My wallet also hacked by anonymous person. I do not have ideas why I got hacked my wallet with no reasons. I learned a lot of this problem. I so guilty of what coins they got because it is the important to me.I avoid phishing sites and more. I do another wallet and transferred all my coins so that to avoid to get it again.
Activity: 490
November 09, 2018, 03:40:55 AM
The first you should do is to secureyour funds and other wallet you have, move out your funds from the hacked wallet if you still have any left and open another wallet on another device. Change your password, see, and any otger sensitive  information!
Activity: 777
Merit: 251
November 09, 2018, 03:35:22 AM
Hi,

- yes you can still track them through TXID that what I know about it.

- Perhaps, the exchange can't able to do that anymore once the transaction was being held.

- Yes we can track them in another way, but only in that way tracking it but never get it back to your wallet.

- There's no solution for this once you are being hack by somebody, the only things we can do is
learn from our mistakes and be careful next time.
Activity: 476
November 09, 2018, 03:33:50 AM
I didn't heard occasions when somebody returned his money back or tracked it in blockchain. If you now some professional hackers ask them!
Activity: 402
Merit: 10
November 09, 2018, 03:32:40 AM
This is the disadvantage of having digital online wallets, they can never be made 100% safe. Major assets should be kept in cold storage or hardware wallets. Just keep trading assets online
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
November 09, 2018, 03:27:35 AM
compromised assets that would be hard to get back and can even track. When it does can be found is not necessarily also will be back. the Exchange also certainly won't want to switch what is lost because it is not their responsibility. lessons and things to do is try my best not to do things that are dangerous or carelessly on owned assets.
Activity: 1093
November 08, 2018, 02:36:45 PM
I think after hacked a wallet and after completed transactions it is impossible to recover money.It is the true.So never think what you will do after hacked Be careful before hack.
Activity: 406
Merit: 3
November 08, 2018, 02:34:00 PM
I was in a similar situation, my wallet was hacked. It served as a lesson for me to be more attentive.
Activity: 177
Merit: 1
November 08, 2018, 02:22:09 PM
Alas, but to do something in order to get your money back is not likely to succeed. That would not be the objective of hackers attacks you need to prepare in advance
Activity: 252
Merit: 13
November 08, 2018, 05:32:04 AM
This is the anonymity of the transactions that they can not be traced otherwise it would not be so claimed because anonymity means that no one will ever know anything.
Activity: 420
Merit: 6
November 08, 2018, 05:26:57 AM
Hackers are smart people, they all thought out in advance so that you could not catch them. Even when major thefts from top exchanges happen, no one can catch anyone. If, however, there was an attack on the network itself, then some kind of coin, then the developers could roll back the entire blockchain so that it was as before. It was also done with ethereum when and then it happened that his fork was because there were some against this intervention.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
November 08, 2018, 05:21:36 AM
The only thing you can do is to move forward. I think there is no way to detect the hacker. But if you mention that you have been hacked, try to restore your wallet with the seed phrase and to change you password asap.
Activity: 532
Merit: 170
November 08, 2018, 05:13:45 AM
Hi,

I have never experienced a case like you said, maybe this could be a reflection for all of us to be more vigilant. so far the most planned exchange of hacking is ethedelta.
Activity: 602
Merit: 251
November 08, 2018, 05:07:56 AM
Hi,

It is unlikely that the exchange will block someone's account because of the usual phone call , this will require an official request from the police, so it is hardly possible to have time to do anything.
Pages:
Jump to: