Pages:
Author

Topic: What to do after being hacked? - page 7. (Read 933 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0
April 22, 2018, 03:39:09 AM
you can track where your token/money go but cannot do anything to get back to it. thats the big problem for using wallet which still not has solution until now. we can just improve our security by using metamask, etc.
Activity: 3178
Merit: 977
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
April 22, 2018, 03:05:33 AM
Hi,

I see a lot of people being hacked or lost money.
I know a transaction is final but can you track them to a exchange?
So you can call the exchange and ask them to hold the wallet or something?

Or can you track them another way?

I hope there will be a good solution for this in crypto.
for your safety pal you must choose wallets that has 2FA so that no one can manage your account even though its hacked 'cause only the owner who owned the authenticator code can use it or manage it , that is advantage being have a 2fa actually., which is even though your password and email is hacked no one still can control your account.  
I agree. 2fa is truly a lifesaver and is easily one of the best security features in recent times. Honestly, hackers will try hacking anyone for the heck of it without caring much about others since it is like a regular job to them and nothing else. It is up to us to secure our coins and tokens in different ways like using hardware wallets, securing private key, avoiding fishy wallet downloads, enabling 2fa etc. If you have already been hacked, just keep moving forward because your funds are as good as gone. This is the harsh truth, but there is nothing much anyone can do in such a situation.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
April 22, 2018, 02:37:22 AM
You can track but that's will be it, there's nothing you can do, you can't asked the exchanges to freeze somebody account, and there are no law in crypto, so once you got hacked then that's it, just accepted it and then move on with your life, next time find a better wallet to secure your coin
Activity: 1064
Merit: 112
April 22, 2018, 02:29:03 AM
Hi,

for your safety pal you must choose wallets that has 2FA so that no one can manage your account even though its hacked 'cause only the owner who owned the authenticator code can use it or manage it , that is advantage being have a 2fa actually., which is even though your password and email is hacked no one still can control your account.  
Activity: 173
April 22, 2018, 02:25:59 AM
if ever you been hack you must change your password especially on your email. its better to change a quality one password that has a numeric alphanumeric and special characters is better. create also a new wallet and keep your private key that no one knows. and lastly practice safe browsing. do not go to an malicious sites and download something. thats for your own safety also.

the only thing to do is to be careful next and ensure to keep safe all those important keys like private keys because it's hard to trace transaction once hacked and no assurance if we can recover back the hacked amount.
Activity: 224
Merit: 6
April 22, 2018, 02:19:00 AM
if ever you been hack you must change your password especially on your email. its better to change a quality one password that has a numeric alphanumeric and special characters is better. create also a new wallet and keep your private key that no one knows. and lastly practice safe browsing. do not go to an malicious sites and download something. thats for your own safety also.
Activity: 728
Merit: 251
April 22, 2018, 02:13:59 AM
Yes unfortunately there is nothing you can do to get that money back, this is the bad side of this crypto world. The police will only get involved if the whole exchange/platform has been hacked...
Activity: 602
Merit: 295
Hail Eris!
April 22, 2018, 02:10:33 AM
Make sure you update passwords for other sites which are at all similar to the password that you used for the site which was hacked.  Usually people just change a character, or even worse use the same passwords.  For example a significant number of bitcointalk members lost data including passwords used after a site breach the other year - all you have to do is go through the list and try them out on other sites.
Activity: 98
April 22, 2018, 02:05:30 AM
When your id in hack, you just make new id.if you have already to make new id, dont lost again..because in this era many new profesional hacker. So be carefull for your id and keep use saftly hard pasword
Activity: 714
Merit: 104
April 22, 2018, 02:01:06 AM
Hi,

you can track it but crypto coins dont have serial numbers how fiat and exchange cant hold it
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
April 22, 2018, 01:57:03 AM

no exchange is going to do this, in fact no exchange service should ever do this. simply because there is no way that you can prove you were actually hacked. from the exchange perspective if someone asks them to block some account (address) simply because the deposit came from some address they own, it may as well be a scam by the person saying this. for example you can sell your coins to someone and when they move them to exchange call the exchange and tell them you were hacked (lie).
Activity: 800
Merit: 502
April 22, 2018, 01:53:19 AM
Ok thanks all!

I thought maybe there is some option.
Good luck with trading  Smiley
Activity: 168
April 21, 2018, 06:56:26 PM
I agree with you, when we are hacked, the best way is to create a new wallet and keep all the information, be more careful to avoid hacking, that's the best solution for now.
BQ
Activity: 616
Merit: 53
CoinMetro - the future of exchanges
April 21, 2018, 06:51:22 PM
currently it's probably way too easy to leave no trail(swap to xmr for example) and then just move it to an exchange, so there's really not much hope.
with the freedom of crypto, this risk is included.

use a hardware wallet(trezor is open source)  Smiley
Activity: 209
Merit: 10
April 21, 2018, 06:50:39 PM
You can only track transactions so you just have to remember to make sure you won't give your private keys or anything like that. Also you should keep your coins in cold storage or hardware wallet instead of rest. If you really lost a lot you can try contact police but don't expect anything.
Activity: 30
Merit: 1
April 21, 2018, 06:32:38 PM
Hi,

You can track the lost money to anywhere it goes but the truth is at the current time, even if you loose some good amount of money, you are done for. THere is no legal framework  in place to get you your money back. THis is because If i am in the far side of Asia while you are in Australia, it will be difficult for any legal authority to track me if i took your money.

The deal is we all have to be careful so as not to fall for hacks and scams.

Stay safe
Activity: 826
Merit: 265
April 21, 2018, 06:26:47 PM
You can track them in some ways but no other way to get it back. It happen to me before. As much I want to take revenge, I can't do it since I believe it was partially my fault. What can we do is just to move on and make sure it won't happen again. Being cautious is a must.
Correct answer mate,we all know how hurting being victimized by hacker but we must accept the reality that most of hacking issue is by our own mistakes sometimes we just dont wanna accept it but our carelessness brings us to this..

What we can do after is move on,just take it as a lesson learn so being a victim again is wont be possible..
Though sometimes its because of the great skills those hackers have thats why we become a bait to those expert people that dont uses their talent and skills in to do good things to others
Activity: 626
Merit: 10
April 21, 2018, 06:25:08 PM
Hi,

I think there's no solution it comes in hacking because even you trace the transaction it will not get back to you. So we need to careful because hackers do anything to take our money.
Activity: 602
Merit: 116
April 21, 2018, 06:21:04 PM
Even if you successed to find the exchange that coins are transferred to, how can you prove those coins has been stolen and belong to you?
You can do nothing after you are hacked and your coins are stolen. There is no solution in cryptocurrencies for this issue.
Activity: 203
Merit: 11
ENTRY cryptocurrency
April 21, 2018, 06:16:31 PM
The exchange will never deal with other people's problems. Everyone is responsible for its own crypto-currencies. In many countries there is no legislative basis for crypto-currency. By law, you can not even file a complaint about the theft of the crypto currency. And exchanges all the more do not bear any responsibility for outside actions.
Pages:
Jump to: