Pages:
Author

Topic: What will happen to bitcoin on a world war? - page 5. (Read 1879 times)

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267
September 22, 2020, 10:05:31 PM
We don't know if the bitcoin collapse if the war starts but there is a lot of possible to happen maybe the transaction of the bitcoin like buying and buying and selling will stop because money is not important on that day during the war. But war will not happen I think for now and I hope never happened because it will affects more such as economy down and also many lives will die.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 101
September 22, 2020, 09:49:23 PM
war comes there is no discussion of the economy there is how to save lives, to be more precise, exchanging bitcoins for fiat money and hiding it is a foolish act of no profit because we may not necessarily live.
We survived the war, for example, we could also exchange bitcoins and bitcoins did not disappear even though the price fell, but the important thing was when the war came, we could survive.
Activity: 182
Merit: 11
September 22, 2020, 08:26:44 PM
Maybe if i could sense that there will be a world war coming, I would immediately secure my bitcoins or convert it to fiat/physical money and hide it securely because i believe that when that worst things happen, we need to hide and move from one place to another where we can be safe and i dont think that there will be a stable internet if a world war occurs. Maybe the Governments will shut down some signals to avoid spying from the enemy.
I am not really sure if the value of Bitcoins will collapse but the things that i fear is the signal and internet connection during a war and we cant be able to access it.So its better to convert it to fiat before it happens so we can use it from securing ourselves. But lastly, I pray that this will never happen no matter how hard this crisis is. No one wants a war, so let us just love one another and have peace on Earth.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
September 19, 2020, 04:53:38 PM
As for me I think during world war Bitcoin will loose its value and its price will go down. This is because the value of anything increases with use. During world war there are so many things that can happen. example things like No source of Electrical power supply and if there is it will be limited and not get to everyone at their disposal, loose of gadgets and devices, No internet access as network service providers will have to shutdown as it's workers will be on the run for safety. And these are facilities required first  before transactions can be carried out with Bitcoin. So the absence of these will lead to Bitcoin low patronage  because there are no means to transact with them and it will seem as if it didn't exist at that time and so it's value will reduce because it can not be used at that time.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
September 19, 2020, 04:39:56 PM
If a world war might really happen, I don't think people would think about money or even crypto first because what will matter is how can we survive from all the attacks? Bitcoin can really collapse, even other currencies. But bitcoin will always be there however, you won't be able to use it when you die, so lives matter more I guess. It's just like the previous wars, after it, countries will need a lot of years to recover from it.

I agree with you on this point, during war people don't even have where to stay as they run around looking for a safe place for themselves and family members some even go as far as sacrificing their new born babes because babes cry uncontrollably and keeping such babes can expose them in their various hide out. So at this point Bitcoin will be the last on people's mind, not just that, market places will not be randomly and ready available for one to buy or sell having in mind that you have lots of crypto currency and you can use them. So even if you have enough Bitcoin during war I don't think it will help. If finally there exist a place to purchase goods and maybe you shop online how about the delivery. So world war can reduce the value of Bitcoin.
Activity: 939
Merit: 256
September 19, 2020, 09:11:06 AM
Bitcoin is a decentralized coin and it has a great value. Some government will use bitcoin as their payment method at the time of world war. But it is sure that bitcoin will lose its price randomly.
I do not think that bitcoin will depreciate when world war breaks out, otherwise it will have a high price increase. When the world war breaks out, the shipping roads and the currency industries will stall. It's very difficult to bring a ton of gold off the border, but it's easy if you use bitcoin.
Don't you think that the Internet will be the First to be targeted When Worldwar begins?because this is the most important part of communication now.
If that happens then what is the sense of Bitcoin or other altcoins?
There will be depreciating that may happen though we don't want to believe this as we are having our Bitcoin in our wallets now.
we don't wanna lose this.
Gold maybe heavy thats why in the old war more golds has been buried that until now people tend to find.
I agree that during war the Internet will be the first target, but the possibility of the Internet being destroyed is almost impossible.
People just need to move away from war and have the Internet, and then they can use their money.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
FOCUS
September 18, 2020, 01:45:53 PM
World war will not only affect the bitcoin currency, but the national currency will also be affected. Nothing will be meaningful except the safety of themselves and their families.

Bitcoin will no longer be a priority or a valuable digital currency when the world war begins again. all systems will hiccup and not start.

But I don't think there will be any more world wars, I hope so.
Everyone will be affected if a war happens, Even the stock market will be affected. Countries will be battling and I think crypto can benefit from it by using crypto as a money transfer method or payment method since bitcoin is decentralized and I theorized that if a war happens, International money transfers would breakdown. I'm not sure of it but we don't war to happen today and there's no need for it since we are in a modern day.

Of course, there are many possibilities, Cutting of the internet in many countries could make bitcoin life in trouble. There are many possible scenarios but it's better for it not to happen. Casualties will just destory us humans.
Activity: 307
Merit: 1
September 18, 2020, 01:25:30 PM
I am also quite interested about it even if I don't like to experience a war but I wonder if it will happen in the future, will the cryptocurrencies can withstand
with it or will it lost it's value.

Because, what if the creators and the supporters of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies will die then there is a big chance that cryptocurrencies will be left behind or
it will be forgotten if in case the winning nations will not remember about the existence of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1076
zknodes.org
September 18, 2020, 12:15:14 PM
World war will not only affect the bitcoin currency, but the national currency will also be affected. Nothing will be meaningful except the safety of themselves and their families.

Bitcoin will no longer be a priority or a valuable digital currency when the world war begins again. all systems will hiccup and not start.

But I don't think there will be any more world wars, I hope so.
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 401
September 18, 2020, 11:37:45 AM
In my opinion, a well decentralized Bitcoin/crypto will hardly be affected by major crisis as long as people still organize into communities.  They will definitely need some sort of money or medium of exchange without the traditional fiat currencies existing or close to them.
One of the most important ways to use a well decentralized currency without the usual internet  is to use it on a localized internet network and probably print the coins out on things like papers and use them like you would use today's paper currencies. This is not just a theory, it can be done.
Afterall, crisis or even war-like crisis is why decentralized currency like Bitcoin was invented. It's important to make sure it lives up to expectation. And I think it will certainly do, with better decentralization.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 357
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
September 18, 2020, 08:05:12 AM
Bitcoin is a decentralized coin and it has a great value. Some government will use bitcoin as their payment method at the time of world war. But it is sure that bitcoin will lose its price randomly.
I do not think that bitcoin will depreciate when world war breaks out, otherwise it will have a high price increase. When the world war breaks out, the shipping roads and the currency industries will stall. It's very difficult to bring a ton of gold off the border, but it's easy if you use bitcoin.
Don't you think that the Internet will be the First to be targeted When Worldwar begins?because this is the most important part of communication now.
If that happens then what is the sense of Bitcoin or other altcoins?
There will be depreciating that may happen though we don't want to believe this as we are having our Bitcoin in our wallets now.
we don't wanna lose this.
Gold maybe heavy thats why in the old war more golds has been buried that until now people tend to find.
Activity: 939
Merit: 256
September 18, 2020, 07:22:24 AM
Activity: 680
Merit: 255
September 18, 2020, 07:18:31 AM
No one wants World War 3 to happen, but if it does, I think the price of bitcoin will rise to unprecedented highs. Many people have assets and they want to move it out of the war, and there is no faster and easier method of transferring assets than using bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 7340
Farewell, Leo
September 18, 2020, 06:57:14 AM
With the number of nodes running to the network today, some speculators said that bitcoin could still survive even if there's a nuclear war. Just with one running node is enough to store all the transactions in the blockchain. But that isn't what we should feared. For me, Bitcoin in world war will be a big thing for transaction of Guns and Weaponry, as there will be no trace for both parties. Also, if the economy declines and most of the currency falls, bitcoin could save the people to still have funds when their fiats are down.

One node can run the blockchain, but he can change a lot of things if I'm not mistaken. Like stuff in the source code, no other nodes will notice his changes, so no nodes will understand he is trying to fool them. Also, if there is only one node, then he won't be able to mine the transactions with the current (or even lower) difficulty.

I had not think of that. Yes, bitcoin would be the perfect currency for guns purchasement on a war.
Activity: 644
Merit: 364
In Code We Trust
September 18, 2020, 06:43:59 AM
With the number of nodes running to the network today, some speculators said that bitcoin could still survive even if there's a nuclear war. Just with one running node is enough to store all the transactions in the blockchain. But that isn't what we should feared. For me, Bitcoin in world war will be a big thing for transaction of Guns and Weaponry, as there will be no trace for both parties. Also, if the economy declines and most of the currency falls, bitcoin could save the people to still have funds when their fiats are down.
Activity: 381
Merit: 101
September 18, 2020, 03:43:46 AM
If world war happens, crypto will collapse because internet will be badly affected, there is only war between 1 or 2 countries then the fiat pouring into crypto will be huge.
I don't think the scenario would be like that because the internet is not controlled by one person...
the world war that is likely to occur in the future will not make the entire world go to war, only a few will war. and maybe the Bitcoin price will go up instead of down because it's been confirmed that there will be many who secure their assets, Who knows.

Every human being always wants peace and only a few people who are ambitious with power who want war, people are fed up with war, people need peace. agree with you the war will not involve many countries but only to the extent that there are internal conflicts in their countries which in the end everyone asks for the involvement of foreign aid which actually worsens the situation.

When it comes to bitcoin it is clear that it has been predicted that next year is the year that bitcoin will contribute a lot to its holders, because bitcoin will continue to increase very well. we are just waiting for the time to see bitcoin increase.

Because of it anonymous transaction im very sure bitcoin will be used a lot for weapon trade between the terrorist and weapon dealer as bitcoin offer a very safe transaction. I dont if that are good for bitcoin but im thinking if war happen. It will make bitcoin market uprising as there will be a lot of demand on it at the war time.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 121
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
September 18, 2020, 03:25:28 AM
If world war happens, crypto will collapse because internet will be badly affected, there is only war between 1 or 2 countries then the fiat pouring into crypto will be huge.
I don't think the scenario would be like that because the internet is not controlled by one person...
the world war that is likely to occur in the future will not make the entire world go to war, only a few will war. and maybe the Bitcoin price will go up instead of down because it's been confirmed that there will be many who secure their assets, Who knows.

Every human being always wants peace and only a few people who are ambitious with power who want war, people are fed up with war, people need peace. agree with you the war will not involve many countries but only to the extent that there are internal conflicts in their countries which in the end everyone asks for the involvement of foreign aid which actually worsens the situation.

When it comes to bitcoin it is clear that it has been predicted that next year is the year that bitcoin will contribute a lot to its holders, because bitcoin will continue to increase very well. we are just waiting for the time to see bitcoin increase.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007
Degen in the Space
September 17, 2020, 04:51:20 PM
The first thing come to their mind is destruction when they hear or read about world war. So they ended up of having a conclusion of internet desctruction. It is true that when world war occurs, only few countries will join and some will just take advantage of the current scenario. Value of bitcoin is very unpredictable but it increases when some unusual happens in the world.
Activity: 2044
Merit: 329
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 17, 2020, 10:47:45 AM
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
September 17, 2020, 12:38:15 AM
At that time, Bitcoin is not my priority.

How I would survive a war should be my priority including my family. I won't be able to check the price at that time since I will be busy keeping updates on what is happening and what might happen. Maybe after securing our safety, I will wonder what happened to it and might reinvest all I have if the price is low since that is a rare situation.
Pages:
Jump to: