Pages:
Author

Topic: What would happen if another cryptocurrency took Bitcoins place in Market Cap? - page 2. (Read 2651 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 100
So what do you think would happen if another Cryptocurrency (Example Monero / Ethereum etc) were to take Bitcoins spot as first in market cap?

I think it only means that, the crypto system is moving and alive, some people are saying that the whole crptosystem is gonna die but because of that happening, we could say that people are still in to cryptocurrency. That is a great news more than a bad one. I believe there are many altcoins that could take bitcoins post any minute, because there are just so many good and promising coins out in the market.
Activity: 378
In my opinion, I dont see anything bad about it, they are both cryptocurrency and they will both promote the use of cryptocurrencies. The problem that I can see that will be alarming is when all the value of cryptocurrencies comes crashing down, and people are starting to lose interest in the cryptocurrency system, that is the problem that the cryptocommunity should be worried about.
Activity: 378
Merit: 25
if ever that happens, most users and traders will divert to eth, put your money to where it would profit more. it is the same when investing in bitcoin, if another currency took its place then users will simply invest on what currency on top, but i rather no think some coins will took the tops spot away from bitcoin, it may seems impossible to happen because bitcoin has a large gap between other coins in the market.
Activity: 966
Merit: 311
So what do you think would happen if another Cryptocurrency (Example Monero / Ethereum etc) were to take Bitcoins spot as first in market cap?
For it, you should compare the volume, demand and price for everything. You will get your answers yourself. Yes it can be the case after a lot of years because even bitcoins took a lot of years to reach at this point. As we compared other coins which you mentioned like monero, etc we can see that even those coins are much potential and can really have huge profits ahead so investing into those coins to are much profitable and is ind emand but the price for those coins is comparitively low than bitcoins. Perhaps those coins need a lot of years to go through and get on top of the market cap. Bitcoins are considered as the mother coin of all other major coins and also it is the oldest crypto-currency ever.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 500
Well if that will happen thier will be a new king on crypto but as we see so far that theres no other coin can surpass the value of bitcoin.
No chance! for now and in the next few years bitcoin will continue to dominate the market, bitcoin dominates more than 50% of the marketcap in the market, and will continue to dominate at any time, developers will continue to make bitcoin in line with the times, so I don't think there is a crypto that will replace bitcoin..
Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
I think that cryptocurrency is the only king who remains bitcoin, they are some other cryptocurrency will not be able and will not be able to beat the power of bitcoin.
There will be no coin that will take bitcoin's place as the king of this market.

Let's stop making with those IFs because it's weird to have that discussion because we know what are the facts in crypto's. No matter on how many altcoins are there's no any other altcoin that can easily replace bitcoin.

It may fall many times but it will remain as the number cryptocurrency of all time.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
Well if that will happen thier will be a new king on crypto but as we see so far that theres no other coin can surpass the value of bitcoin.
Yep, expect bitcoin to drop in value, but as of now there is no strong coin that can defeat bitcoin on top. The current trend is still depend on the market situation of bitcoin. Maybe in the future, who knows right? Since this is a continuous growing market. 

and if there is another cryptocurrency took bitcoin place, I think it will change the cryptocurrency to a new situation which bitcoin will on the second place of the cryptocurrency. but personally, I don't think that it can happen as we know that bitcoin still lead the cryptocurrency and in the market, the altcoin still adjusts their price from bitcoin price. but we don't know what will happen in the future because cryptocurrency still new things among us and cryptocurrency have a bright future.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 193
Yep, expect bitcoin to drop in value, but as of now there is no strong coin that can defeat bitcoin on top. The current trend is still depend on the market situation of bitcoin. Maybe in the future, who knows right? Since this is a continuous growing market. 
Activity: 756
Merit: 294

Bitcoin is already an institution in the cryptocurrency world.
I think no coins yet will overpass bitcoin unless it can find some very good reasons why people will go for it than bitcoin but it will be very hard for a new currency to do that.
Activity: 574
I think that cryptocurrency is the only king who remains bitcoin, they are some other cryptocurrency will not be able and will not be able to beat the power of bitcoin.
Activity: 966
Merit: 104
If bitcoin cedes its first place in the CoinMarketCap table, a lot will change. First of all, if the coin that won first place instead of bitcoin does not have a very high degree of capitalization, as now bitcoin, then this coin can not dominate the price over other types of crypto currency, as now bitcoin does. Then each coin and token will have its own pricing, which will contribute to the rapid development of the crypto-currency market. Now, in fact, bitcoin constrains such development. This is especially evident now, when exactly bitcoin fell in price at the beginning of this year and therefore all the Crypto currency has been in decline for a year.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
They will realize that anything is possible in crypto currency, just like the value of bitcoin before till now. The achievement of one crypto currency will make a good sound around the world and it will benefit almost all for good. The dominating good news of crypto will spread again and again.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
In that case, that coin would really have a good potential. I cannot see any new coin that can replace bitcoin yet. As we all know, a lot of people already trusted bitcoin and they consider it as the main currency because it's the first cryptocurrency to become very successful and bring convenience to everyone.
I agree with your opinion, no one can change the position of Bitcoin, in the whole world Bitcoin is number 1, it has become the trust of all people for the use of bitcoin, which has a long term.

A lot of coins in the market can surpass bitcoin when it comes to potential and use but bitcoin's popularity and it's reputation as the coin that started it all will most likely secure it's spot in the top. It would likely remain there for a good number of years more until crypto becomes mainstream.
Activity: 173
Merit: 19
Well, I would just say it is plain and simple, if an alt coin was able to exceed the market cap of Bitcoin then that coin will be the new King of crypto I suppose. But to be perfectly honest, I am not seeing that happen in the near future.
Activity: 173
Merit: 19
Well, I would just say it is plain and simple, if an alt coin was able to exceed the market cap of Bitcoin then that coin will be the new King of crypto I suppose. But to be perfectly honest, I am not seeing that happen in the near future.

Activity: 434
Merit: 13
In that case, that coin would really have a good potential. I cannot see any new coin that can replace bitcoin yet. As we all know, a lot of people already trusted bitcoin and they consider it as the main currency because it's the first cryptocurrency to become very successful and bring convenience to everyone.
I agree with your opinion, no one can change the position of Bitcoin, in the whole world Bitcoin is number 1, it has become the trust of all people for the use of bitcoin, which has a long term.
Activity: 196
Merit: 4
It would be good if some other cryptocurrency will evolve the same way that bitcoins did. Some healthy competition would be good for the crypto world, I believe. I am not sure if any altcoins can replace bitcoin anytime soon even though bitcoin prices are down, but I would be okay if another crypto will take its place.
Activity: 122
Merit: 1

Well, the worst case scenarios will be the death of All high gainers who got the most share of it, but i do not think this is going to happen ever, currently BTC is touching 60% of Market dominance which is very rare after the surge of crypto currencies, Even ETH is taking sell load so i am very optimistic that BTC is not going anywhere.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
It would be a monumental change in cryptocurrency world. I mean I don't know how much the crypto world would change and what would happen to total market cap and if anything change at the point of we all become richer or poorer but I know that there must be some issue for all of us that bitcoin devalued enough to be not number one. That means something went wrong and it might be hurting all of us. I would rather bitcoin go up and something going even higher but for this scenario it doesn't look like that would happen.
Activity: 266
Merit: 0

then that will change everything, but for now I don't think it's possible. because bitcoin will always be on top. others are just followers
Pages:
Jump to: