Pages:
Author

Topic: What would happen if another cryptocurrency took Bitcoins place in Market Cap? - page 4. (Read 2651 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 252
That might happen or might not. I still prefer BTC to be there on top though.
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
In that case, that coin would really have a good potential. I cannot see any new coin that can replace bitcoin yet. As we all know, a lot of people already trusted bitcoin and they consider it as the main currency because it's the first cryptocurrency to become very successful and bring convenience to everyone.
yes i agree with your statement.no other coins bit bitcoin untill now.People trusted bitcoin and supported it until now so, i dont think it will be replaced with another coin
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
So what do you think would happen if another Cryptocurrency (Example Monero / Ethereum etc) were to take Bitcoins spot as first in market cap?
Everyone will accept it as it is. But it will be extremely difficult for this to happen.
Activity: 756
Merit: 294
I think it is very difficult to happen to replace the position of bitcoin, and if there is an altcoin that replaces the position of bitcoin, in my opinion there is no significant effect on investors, they will definitely invest in the new altcoin

I am with you mate in the thought that there will be no other altcoin that could replace the place of bitcoin. The latter is already an institution in the cryptocurrency industry.

If an altcoin will overtake the place of bitcoin, it will not be these days - maybe in the long future.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
I think it is very difficult to happen to replace the position of bitcoin, and if there is an altcoin that replaces the position of bitcoin, in my opinion there is no significant effect on investors, they will definitely invest in the new altcoin
Activity: 364
If the other crypto currency takes the first place in the CoinMarketCap table, this will mean that this coin has moved ahead in terms of the level of capitalization. It will change that bitcoin will no longer dominate the price over other types of crypto currency. At the same time, this new coin will not be short of capitalization for such dominance. That is, the dominant coin will not be and the crypto currency market will, at last. normally develop. I think in general it will be good.
I do not think until that, but because this is a parable, then I will express my opinion. If only Bitcoin was replaced by another Coin as a leader in CoinmarketCap then this would be a very interesting thing. we all know, Bitcoin is the king of Crypto and this can be replaced, so this means that people in Cryptocurrency no longer see Bitcoin is the number one coin, and of course there will be a very strong competition between the top coin in CoinmarketCap.

I will also come into our "what ifs" Smiley so in the event, a certain altcoin replaces bitcoin as the new king, then investors may lose confidence in cryptocurrencies as what represent the industry is predominantly bitcoin.
Activity: 329
I think I will make a lot of people smile and maybe also will make the conditions where the exchange becomes very crowded and trading volume will quickly increase.
Activity: 182
I do not think until that, but because this is a parable, then I will express my opinion. If only Bitcoin was replaced by another Coin as a leader in CoinmarketCap then this would be a very interesting thing. we all know, Bitcoin is the king of Crypto and this can be replaced, so this means that people in Cryptocurrency no longer see Bitcoin is the number one coin, and of course there will be a very strong competition between the top coin in CoinmarketCap.
Activity: 163
Then there will ne more people investing on that coin. I think for me, other coins such as ETH are way better than BTC. I mean the way ETH has been performing with projects and exchanges, it wil overtake it soon. Nut if you're asking if there is a ripple effect, then i guess not really that i know of.

I agree with you but I think some people will still be with Bitcoin. Of course it is personal choice what to do and everyone must have its own strategy about the future.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I can say that bitcoin will not be replaced by another cryptocurrency anytime soon. But even if it would be, then people would sell their bitcoins and invest on the new leading crypto.
I think bitcoin will always be the king of all the cryptocurrencies that exist, altcoin and even tokens will not be able and will not have the kebranian to replace the bitcoin ranking position.

Indeed! bitcoin is the base of all altcoins and the more popular than any altcoins. It is a category creator in crypto world and so it could stay for a long time or even endlessly compared to smaller altoins.
Activity: 336
I think bitcoin will always be the king of all the cryptocurrencies that exist, altcoin and even tokens will not be able and will not have the kebranian to replace the bitcoin ranking position.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
So what do you think would happen if another Cryptocurrency (Example Monero / Ethereum etc) were to take Bitcoins spot as first in market cap?

It does not really matter if another cryptocurrency is going to replace bitcoins in the future because people will still continue to invest or trade if they are still interested on bitcoins.
Activity: 252
I think it would be nothing not ordinary, so just one of their currencies would be more and bigger than bitcoin but it would not change that bitcoin is number one because it is not all about coinmarketcap.
Exactly. No problem. The market has only risen when new currencies appear, making demand for investors more involved.
There are many denominations higher than the BTC but it is not as popular as the BTC
Bitcoin will stay stable for a long time.
Activity: 363
Merit: 250
I think it would be nothing not ordinary, so just one of their currencies would be more and bigger than bitcoin but it would not change that bitcoin is number one because it is not all about coinmarketcap.
Activity: 148
Merit: 11
I do not think that the loss of the bitcoin championship will bring some structural changes to the market. Most likely there is an inverse relationship and structural changes will lead to the loss of leadership by bitcoin.
Activity: 106
probably everyone asset holders will be surprised if bitcoin is replaced with other cryptocurrency,
Because the first time the digital currency is bitcoin and if there is a cryptocurrency that can replace bitcoin, so cryptocurrency is really great
Activity: 277
Merit: 12
I do not think that the market will radically change if bitcoin leaves the pidestal. Many argue about the causes of leadership bitcoin and the etherium has long been on his heels. It seems to me that the end of bitcoin domination is a matter of time.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 502
Maybe the coin will be a pair in all cryptocurrencies, bitcoin will also decrease in value, bitcoin is now more an asset because its value is very high when compared to other cryptocurrency, then I think if bitcoin down position in CMC this will be a bad thing for the bitcoin holder itself, I think if it happens it will decrease interest in bitcoin and vice versa if there is altcoin which shifts the position of bitcoin then the altcoin will have the highest value of all crypto.
Pages:
Jump to: